2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

Seriously. And the only reason people here are complaining that he's waiting "another 24 hours" is because someone keeps posting fake "news" that an announcement is scheduled for some time today, when in fact there isn't anything happening. People here post anything that any fat kid with a twitter account posts, prefaced by "I'm hearing..." as if they're clued in to anything or a member of the media themselves or something. It's not like he put it off for another 24 hours - there probably was never anything scheduled for today but anything posted anywhere these days counts as news.

This. LeBron himself hasn't publicly said a word about his free agency this time around - he said before this past season that he wasn't going to address it in the media and left it at that. This drama is being entirely created by third-rate, unreliable "insiders" like Broussard and Sheridan, Cleveland reporters who will run with literally any rumor that favors the Cavs (Sam Amico was caught presenting a joke post from RealCavsFans.com as a legitimate report from an inside source, for example), and homer fans on Twitter making things up while claiming to have sources. Somehow as always, people find an excuse to blame and hate LeBron for it, though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CreepNews2014: Hearing LeBron's wife and kids were spotted at the Cleveland airport just a bit ago.

And in other CreepNews2014 - this showed up in my Facebook feed a few hours ago...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2014-07-09/lebron-james-moving-trucks-exotic-cars-nba-free-agency?eadid=SOC/FB/SNMain

I need a shower.

Probably heading back to Northeast Ohio after their trip to Brazil. His "main" house is in Bath, Ohio which is where they spend their summers. All signs have to be pointing to a Miami return. Why even meet with Riley if you were leaving? Why waste so much time if you already know your decision? Why meet with the Heat and not even have the respect to give the Cavs a meeting? In the end, it's the Cavs who are getting screwed over. The longer they wait the more free agents they miss out on signing.

Exactly. The fact that media outlets will jump on anything on the off chance it might be news is...well...it's something and I'm pretty sure that something isn't good.

BB52Big.jpg

LeBron Apologists...

Never seen those before!

Typical LeBron hater. No matter what he does, it has to be spun to make him look like the bad guy. He gets bashed for The Decision and then still gets bashed when he shuts up and the media fills the void with wild speculation and rumors.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Is it just my imagination, or is this place more interested in Lebron's "decision" this time around than it was for the original The Decision? I know I am.

With the first one, I remember thinking, "Well obviously he's not going to have a primetime special to announce he's jumping ship from his hometown team!" It didn't become interesting until after the fact. This time, we know anything can happen AND we have lots of time to stew.

LeBron takes stage with Dan Gilbert, applause breaks out from press room as the two shake hands. LeBron holds up Gilbert's arm in an expression of unity and victory, reporters stand as Cav fans break down doors and spill into the conference room. Riotous cheering breaks out, tears are shed, Cavs fans hug one another.

LeBron suddenly hits Gilbert with a Rock Bottom. As LeBron stands over his would-be team owner he throws back his head with maniacal laughter. He wipes his nikes on Gilbert's twitching form, wagging his finger at the cameras. "Y'all should've seen this coming! This was foretold! I am the KING, bahahaha!" LeBron removes the Cavs uniform and throws it on the stage floor. People are weeping now. Screaming in anger.

An explosion - the doors to the conference room burst open - it's Kevin Love! In full T-Wolves gear he storms the stage. With LeBron frightened out onto the floor, Love helps Gilbert to his feet. The crowd explodes anew with cheers as Love reaches to the podium, grabs the clipboard and signs the attached contract. LeBron plays to the crowd in anger, hands on hips, scowling and muttering as the mocking chants begin from the crowd.

Without warning, Kevin Love rears back with the contract and strikes Gilbert in the head with it. For some reason Marv Albert is present:

ALBERT: "My goodness, Gilbert is down and Love is ... is smiling! James comes to the stage and is embracing Kevin Love!" My god, what else could happen here tonight?"

LeBron signs his name to the contract before revealing to the audience the awful truth: On the back of the clipboard is a Los Angeles Lakers logo.

"Rape Me" by Nirvana begins to play as a sunglasses-wearing Kobe Bryant emerges from behind the stage. He hands Love and LeBron custom Lakers jerseys as the crowd openly boos and weeps, their world falling apart.

ALBERT: "Ladies and gentlemen, this is horrifying. The betrayal I have witnessed here tonight is unspeakable! And - wait....why is he here?!"

To the shock of everyone it's Michael Jordan! Puffing on a cigar and laughing his ass off, MJ comes to the stage, takes the contract, and speaks into the podium microphone: "Always read before you sign, guys - I'd like to introduce you to the newest 2 members of ... the Charlotte Hornets!"

Kobe is incensed. LeBron immediately calls Magic Johnson up. Kevin Love gets right in Jordan's face and receives a double-bird for his trouble. "No Chance" fills the room as Jordan struts his way out, mass confusion and anger left in his wake.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

LeBron takes stage with Dan Gilbert, applause breaks out from press room as the two shake hands. LeBron holds up Gilbert's arm in an expression of unity and victory, reporters stand as Cav fans break down doors and spill into the conference room. Riotous cheering breaks out, tears are shed, Cavs fans hug one another.

LeBron suddenly hits Gilbert with a Rock Bottom. As LeBron stands over his would-be team owner he throws back his head with maniacal laughter. He wipes his nikes on Gilbert's twitching form, wagging his finger at the cameras. "Y'all should've seen this coming! This was foretold! I am the KING, bahahaha!" LeBron removes the Cavs uniform and throws it on the stage floor. People are weeping now. Screaming in anger.

An explosion - the doors to the conference room burst open - it's Kevin Love! In full T-Wolves gear he storms the stage. With LeBron frightened out onto the floor, Love helps Gilbert to his feet. The crowd explodes anew with cheers as Love reaches to the podium, grabs the clipboard and signs the attached contract. LeBron plays to the crowd in anger, hands on hips, scowling and muttering as the mocking chants begin from the crowd.

Without warning, Kevin Love rears back with the contract and strikes Gilbert in the head with it. For some reason Marv Albert is present:

ALBERT: "My goodness, Gilbert is down and Love is ... is smiling! James comes to the stage and is embracing Kevin Love!" My god, what else could happen here tonight?"

LeBron signs his name to the contract before revealing to the audience the awful truth: On the back of the clipboard is a Los Angeles Lakers logo.

"Rape Me" by Nirvana begins to play as a sunglasses-wearing Kobe Bryant emerges from behind the stage. He hands Love and LeBron custom Lakers jerseys as the crowd openly boos and weeps, their world falling apart.

ALBERT: "Ladies and gentlemen, this is horrifying. The betrayal I have witnessed here tonight is unspeakable! And - wait....why is he here?!"

To the shock of everyone it's Michael Jordan! Puffing on a cigar and laughing his ass off, MJ comes to the stage, takes the contract, and speaks into the podium microphone: "Always read before you sign, guys - I'd like to introduce you to the newest 2 members of ... the Charlotte Hornets!"

Kobe is incensed. LeBron immediately calls Magic Johnson up. Kevin Love gets right in Jordan's face and receives a double-bird for his trouble. "No Chance" fills the room as Jordan struts his way out, mass confusion and anger left in his wake.

I'm sorry, but I'm using the power of the Majestic XII and being a mod to bypass the normal process. Well done, sir.

RnLmp.png

VmWIn6B.png

I'm sorry, but I'm using the power of the Majestic XII and being a mod to bypass the normal process. Well done, sir.

RnLmp.png

uZuLT.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Now that is fanwank.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is awesome. Nothing like a pro wrestling analogy to make me laugh.

Andy's post...

RnLmp.png

Wow. Bypassing the other 34 members of the M-XII. He's been a mod for like three days and already he's drunk with power. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Andy's post...

RnLmp.png

Wow. Bypassing the other 34 members of the M-XII. He's been a mod for like three days and already he's drunk with power. B)

giphy_zps68647579.gif

VmWIn6B.png

Quite possibly less reliable than the Worldwide Tag Team champions of Broussard & Windhorst....

Via Sheridan Hoops (Yeah, WHO?) LeBron will sign with Cleveland and an announcement will be made on LeBron's website tomorrow.

Link: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/09/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-9-edition/

He used to to work for ESPN. Based on his site alone (and the fact that's kind of doing his own thing with his website), I don't know whether to believe what he says.

IUe6Hvh.png

Andy's post...

RnLmp.png

Why is it called the Majestic-XII anyway, when there are 34 members? What does XII represent; the founding fathers of CCSLC posting glory?

Andy's post...

RnLmp.png

Why is it called the Majestic-XII anyway, when there are 34 members? What does XII represent; the founding fathers of CCSLC posting glory?
Don't question the Majestic XII.

Btw, 'Red, how is it up to 34 members now with my invite "still in the mail"? And I still can't even get a 1-day pass for the spa and buffet?

Finally, some credible news about this:

3 way deal - Sixers get Wiggins, Cavs get Love, Wolves get Sixers next 2 #1 picks, clearing way for James to return. Bosh reportedly flying to Houston, indicating that he's been told to sign with Rockets.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived