2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite possibly less reliable than the Worldwide Tag Team champions of Broussard & Windhorst....

Via Sheridan Hoops (Yeah, WHO?) LeBron will sign with Cleveland and an announcement will be made on LeBron's website tomorrow.

Link: http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/09/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-9-edition/

He used to to work for ESPN. Based on his site alone (and the fact that's kind of doing his own thing with his website), I don't know whether to believe what he says.

Not only that, but ESPN chose to fire him while still employing hacks like Windhorst and Broussard. That just underscores his lack of credibility. If LeBron does return to Cleveland, all that means is that Sheridan guessed right.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Done and done. Maybe Cleveland, after all those title-free years, will settle on the Cavs to give them what they'd rather get out of the Browns or the Indians

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

POTD (Shared)

Why do people hate Lebron? Let me explain...

VDNZBoX.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

VDNZBoX.png

At least he has multiple championships. Derrick Rose guaranteed multiple titles and is still ringless. Where's all the hate for him?

I don't know why it is this way but most people can't get over the televised spectacle. That is why he is different from Derrick Rose and others.

Holy :censored: do I not care about what Lebron did today that might lead him to choose to play for whoever. Us knowing that kind of information will not lead to anything.

He's going to play basketball for an NBA team next year. Just tell me when he makes a decision.

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 7/10/2014 at 10:00 AM, jmac11281 said:
On 7/10/2014 at 9:57 AM, Lights Out said:
On 7/10/2014 at 9:33 AM, nash61 said:

At least he has multiple championships. Derrick Rose guaranteed multiple titles and is still ringless. Where's all the hate for him?

I don't know why it is this way but most people can't get over the televised spectacle. That is why he is different from Derrick Rose and others.

The Decision and the "not one..." were two huge mistakes. I have to admit that I have never heard that Rose made such a statement...but I doubt he did it in such public / glorious fashion.

I personally have forgiven these lapses in judgement and hold no ill-will or hate toward LeBron...but by alluding two eight titles he really opened himself up to criticism and that's part of the reason his (apparently) four years in Miami will be looked upon as moderately successful. It still frustrates me that great play can allow us to more likely forgive a sociopath like Mike Vick but not someone like LeBron.

Assuming he goes back to Miami, I suspect he'll say something more along the lines of "making Cleveland a championship city again" and not predict huge numbers of titles.

POTD (Shared)

Derrick Rose guaranteed multiple titles and is still ringless. Where's all the hate for him?

Mostly in Chicago.
Yup. Why would other people hate someone that hasn't played in two years, has never even made the Finals, and doesn't talk? (Except when his brother talks for him...)
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I know there's a lot of to-do about Rose - is he selfish, does he have gang ties, is he this, does he do that, etc - I don't know. I have no vested interest in anything he does outside of mere entertainment value. That being said, the Chicago media fills in the blanks with negativity since silence = indifference and spite, or something.

I'm sure admiral or sodboy can paint a more detailed portrait of the situation, but he certainly has done nothing to improve his state of affairs unless it has to do with money.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

From the Worldwide Leader in Sports:

Homer_Badman_74.JPG

"Of course, there's no way to see inside the James estate without some kind of infrared heat-sensitive camera. So let's turn it on!"

"Now, this technology is new to me, but I'm pretty sure that's LeBron James in the oven, rotating slowly. His body temperature has risen to over 400 degrees - he's literally stewing in his own juices."

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

"There's not a doubt in my mind that I'm not going to win a championship. I'm going to win multiple championships. It's not a doubt in my mind."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/31472075

Thanks. That vaguely rings a bell now. Still, it's two knee surgeries ago. People generally excuse injuries as an unfortunate reason for falling short of expectations.

Losing on the court after such grand proclamations? Not so much. That said...

Without the preseason title celebration with the "not 7" quote, people would likely be more appreciative of what LeBron accomplished on the court in his four Heat seasons.

And both Rose and LeBron can still end up being right. That's why I hate judging careers before they are over.

"There's not a doubt in my mind that I'm not going to win a championship. I'm going to win multiple championships. It's not a doubt in my mind."

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/31472075

What the hell is he supposed to say? "I'd like to win a championship, maybe two, but I'm just not sure I see it in the cards for me."

Knock this crap off. That is completely ridiculous to blast him for saying what he said.

IUe6Hvh.png

I know there's a lot of to-do about Rose - is he selfish, does he have gang ties, is he this, does he do that, etc - I don't know. I have no vested interest in anything he does outside of mere entertainment value. That being said, the Chicago media fills in the blanks with negativity since silence = indifference and spite, or something.

I'm sure admiral or sodboy can paint a more detailed portrait of the situation, but he certainly has done nothing to improve his state of affairs unless it has to do with money.

I don't think anyone really cares about the gang ties anymore. Everyone in godforsaken Englewood has gang ties. The issues are twofold:

1) his poor approach to rehab. He basically gave up because he was afraid to come back at less than 100%, so he held himself out of games because of something about "God's plan." Yeah, holding yourself out of games, generally frowned upon.

2) the hypocrisy of Rose and his idiot brother with regard to roster construction. Derrick has said that he won't do anything to recruit players because that isn't his job. He wasn't in on the Carmelo push at all and had to be sort of "conveniently" positioned at a gym for the party to bump into. Then at the same time, you have Reggie Rose going on about how Derrick shouldn't bother to come back until the Bulls put a better team around him. And how do you make a better team in today's NBA?

Everything he and his camp have done has been so mishandled. It's so exhausting.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived