2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

Well, with the news that Wade is flying back to Miami with LeBron, I think that pretty much seals the deal that he's staying.

Not really. I mean, it could, but flying back to Miami to fly out for the World Cup may well have been the plan all along for Lebron. And if Wade was in Las Vegas just for the meeting with Lebron and they're friends, why would he not fly back to Miami with him regardless of whether or not he's made a decision and what that decision is? What, they're not going to be friends anymore if Lebron doesn't choose Miami? Wade's going to take the next flight out just because he hasn't made a decision yet?

Let's think logically, people.

It'd be one awkward flight if LeBron's not staying.

I find it hard to believe that LeBron would spend his week working out with Wade, partying with Wade, doing his camp with Wade, and flying back to Miami with Wade only to inform him that he's leaving the Heat. Stranger things have happened, I guess, but I just don't see it.

Well, with the news that Wade is flying back to Miami with LeBron, I think that pretty much seals the deal that he's staying.

You're looking too much into it. Sure, they're friends, but I don't believe LeBron wants to play with "Max Deal Wade". If/When LBJ re-joins Miami, he'll push D-Wade to take a huge pay-cut or just force Miami to cut him loose.

I highly doubt the Heat would ever get rid of Wade, but the whole point of Wade opting out was for him to take less money.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're looking too much into it. I don't believe LeBron wants to play with "Max Deal Wade". If/When LBJ re-joins Miami, he'll push D-Wade to take a huge pay-cut or just force Miami to cut him loose.

I can't see that happening. But if Wade wants more money, which I think I remember being the case, I don't know how much they can improve while also paying Lebron the max. Doesn't make sense to me... then again, the NBA salary cap doesn't.

I'm certain the Mavericks want this decision to drag out longer, though. The Rockets are forced to either wait out Bosh's decision (which hinges on Lebrons decision) or match the Mavericks offer on Parsons. If they match, they can't offer Bosh a max deal. If they don't match within the 72 hours, he's a Maverick. Interesting situation.

Also, didn't Wade just fly in yesterday? I see what you're saying, LO, but I mean, they're friends. I think the less likely scenario is Wade catching the next flight out just because Lebron hasn't chosen Miami yet (or at all).

If there is one thing we've learned from all of this, it's that nothing seals the deal on anything before an official announcement is made.

And I thought he was just using Miami as a connecting point to get to Brazil? It's really just a well executed ruse to keep people wondering.

If there is one thing we've learned from all of this, it's that nothing seals the deal on anything before an official announcement is made.

And I thought he was just using Miami as a connecting point to get to Brazil? It's really just a well executed ruse to keep people wondering.

Well, Broussard says the trip to Miami and then Brazil has been planned for a month, which doesn't sound unreasonable, but I don't trust any of these guys.

I don't think it's a ruse to keep people guessing, because Woj just reported that LeBron's going to announce before he leaves for Brazil. It seems like his mind is officially made up.

I'm certain the Mavericks want this decision to drag out longer, though. The Rockets are forced to either wait out Bosh's decision (which hinges on Lebrons decision) or match the Mavericks offer on Parsons. If they match, they can't offer Bosh a max deal. If they don't match within the 72 hours, he's a Maverick. Interesting situation.\

So LeBron should make up his mind ASAP because Houston doesn't have their $hit together? If the Rockets run out of time and pass on Bosh, there will be another team to come along to back a money truck on to Bosh's doorstep. Remember, this entire thig is about LeBron's future first. ;)

I'm certain the Mavericks want this decision to drag out longer, though. The Rockets are forced to either wait out Bosh's decision (which hinges on Lebrons decision) or match the Mavericks offer on Parsons. If they match, they can't offer Bosh a max deal. If they don't match within the 72 hours, he's a Maverick. Interesting situation.\

So LeBron should make up his mind ASAP because Houston doesn't have their $hit together? If the Rockets run out of time and pass on Bosh, there will be another team to come along to back a money truck on to Bosh's doorstep. Remember, this entire thig is about LeBron's future first. ;)

I never said that. I just made mention of the interesting situation this puts the Rockets in. Which is if Lebron chooses Cleveland and does it soon, Houston can try and sign Bosh, then match on Parsons. But they can't match on Parsons and then sign Bosh to a max deal. I just think it's interesting that they can end up with both, neither, or one or the other depending on what James does. Shows how much what Lebron decides to do can effect the balance of power in the entire league.

edit: It was a *fake* Woj account.

Someone screenshotted them all the other day, but I couldn't find it again now. It was a ridiculous number... 40 or so fake Wojs.

I always unfollow "common" reporters that I know will be retweeted into my timeline anyway, but with the amount of fakes out there now...

LeBron would be smart to hold out on announcing his intentions until AFTER the Chandler Parsons deadline.

1) To leave the option open of Bosh re-signing with Miami should LBJ decide to return to the Heat.

2) To insure that Houston is less of a championship threat to whatever team LeBron decides to join.

LeBron would be smart to hold out on announcing his intentions until AFTER the Chandler Parsons deadline.

1) To leave the option open of Bosh re-signing with Miami should LBJ decide to return to the Heat.

2) To insure that Houston is less of a championship threat to whatever team LeBron decides to join.

Well, I think Bosh will re-sign with Miami should LBJ return. That's where the holdup is from Houston's perspective.

ESPN's Chris Broussard reports that LeBron is still hung up on the Dan Gilbert letter.

Soooo had Gilbert not gonna all "Comic Sans" on LBJ, he'd already be back in C-Town. You KNEW when he penned it, the letter would eventually come back to bite Gilbert in the a$$. Typical Cleveland.

Why can't the NHL get a player that the media would go to this extreme for coverage of a potential signing?

Hockey is far more of a team game than basketball. The best hockey player in the world only plays 20-25 minutes any given night.

Archived