2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Heat have fallen off the face of the Earth, the Pacers are the biggest first-place frauds of the NBA, the Bulls too often underachieve, the Nets are imploding because their one-year gamble has failed, and the Knicks are the Knicks.

So I guess the Eastern Conference "favorites" are the...

...Wizards?
I'd probably put the Pacers as favorites for now with the Bulls, Wizards, and Cavs as the other teams most likely to win the conference. It's really wide open though. Watch the Hawks get hot in the playoffs and end up winning the East.

Besides a being disappointed that LeBron is back in the same division as the Bulls, I love this move. He handled this very well, especially compared to the disaster of four years ago.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Lebron righted a lot of wrongs with that essay.

I’m not having a press conference or a party. After this, it’s time to get to work.

I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

If the Cavs do get Love, they are without a doubt the frontrunners in the East, maybe the whole league. I'll be enjoying the ride, that's for sure. But the bad thing is all the new bandwagon fans migrating over from Miami :rolleyes:

spacer.png

BTW, does anyone else see Miami bouncing the Cavs from the playoffs in the first round next year?

No. Miami is in 5-8 seed hell for the forseeable future.

Bosh is on the way to Houston. The worst thing they could do is blow a bunch of money for Ariza, Deng, and Gasol just to make the playoffs. There's no point. I hope Riley sticks around long enough to set up the next iteration of the Heat. Pay Wade, play like :censored:, draft well, wait for 2016 free agency.

As an aside, the Cavaliers have not raised season ticket prices. Very cool. The first home game for them is going to be an awesome environment.

PJU85JF.png

BsR1M4LCQAArT3o.jpg

--------

There's word going around that Kevin Love is willing to accept a trade to Cleveland and sign long term now. Duh. Just gotta get the trade pieces right.

Also per LeBron's site I'm guessing he'll wear number 6.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There's word going around that Kevin Love is willing to accept a trade to Cleveland and sign long term now. Duh. Just gotta get the trade pieces right.

Wolves would be stupid not to. He's leaving. They can either get this year's #1 pick or watch Love leave then suck and hope to get the #1 pick later.

PJU85JF.png

Deal has been proposed to Minnesota and Wiggins isn't involved.

Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, and a package of picks for Love.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Deal has been proposed to Minnesota and Wiggins isn't involved.

Dion Waiters, Anthony Bennett, and a package of picks for Love.

I don't see how this is in any way better than the Lee and Barnes or Thompson package from the Dubs. Any deal made with the Cavs that doesn't involve Wiggins is a shot in the foot, but then again it is the T-Wolves we are talking about

GSW is not ready to part with Thompson.

R.I.P. Miami Heat fans.

July 8, 2010-July 11, 2014.

Only about 80% of 'em.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived