2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder why Bosh went back to the Heat and didn't go to the Rockets. Seems like it would've been the better choice for him.

Yeah. This is the more surprising move to me. He would have a better shot at another title.

He's got two titles. Now it's about getting paid, since I assume he gets far less in endorsements than most other stars in the NBA.....

A max contract in a tax-light state on the beach and becoming the "star player" is enticing to anyone; still, Wade ain't going to be much of a help down the road and, if I'm a free agent, I can't really look at Miami as a good long-term option, especially since their draft picks are spread around the league and the only fresh blood they get is through free agency.

Also looks like Gasol's heading to Chicago, so the Lakers will be rolling with Carlos Boozer, Jeremy Lin, Swaggy P, Jordan Hill, and Kobe. Say what you will but at least it's not a boring lineup. ...Wait a tic, no one's coaching them yet...

GR30a5H.png

I'm finding myself somewhat happy for Cleveland. I don't care about the nba so the cavs are the one Cleveland team I wouldn't mind seeing win a championship.

I think Lebron felt what a lot of us were saying when he went to Miami. Yeah he won some rings, but they weren't close to how they'd feel if he'd won them in Cleveland. I think if he was being honest he'd tell you winning those championships in Miami wasn't as good a feeling as he'd expected.

And the thing is the Cavs have a way better supporting cast now than they did the last time Lebron played there. In hindsight he did Cleveland a huge favor by leaving. If he stays they don't get three number one picks in four years. They don't get Irving or Wiggins. It was a blessing in disguise and now he can come back, redeem himself, and be a hero.

It's sort of cool.

I don't understand that. He looked pretty damn satisfied when he won those two rings. I don't know how anyone here can say that they don't mean as much. Those things are hard to come by. To your other point I'd argue that he really didn't get disgruntled with MIA until this past season, when it slowly turned into CLE circa 2010.

Winning a championship in anything is a very cool feeling. But winning a championship in your home state, in a city that hasn't seen one in a half-century? That's got to be even better.

I can see the pull there, especially since he's got rings already and therefore nothing to prove to anyone.

I'm finding myself somewhat happy for Cleveland. I don't care about the nba so the cavs are the one Cleveland team I wouldn't mind seeing win a championship.

I think Lebron felt what a lot of us were saying when he went to Miami. Yeah he won some rings, but they weren't close to how they'd feel if he'd won them in Cleveland. I think if he was being honest he'd tell you winning those championships in Miami wasn't as good a feeling as he'd expected.

And the thing is the Cavs have a way better supporting cast now than they did the last time Lebron played there. In hindsight he did Cleveland a huge favor by leaving. If he stays they don't get three number one picks in four years. They don't get Irving or Wiggins. It was a blessing in disguise and now he can come back, redeem himself, and be a hero.

It's sort of cool.

I don't understand that. He looked pretty damn satisfied when he won those two rings. I don't know how anyone here can say that they don't mean as much. Those things are hard to come by. To your other point I'd argue that he really didn't get disgruntled with MIA until this past season, when it slowly turned into CLE circa 2010.

That's exactly what I am thinking.

If Miami would have won this year or at least not gotten its ass kicked in such a decisive manner that it casted doubt on whether or not Miami could still contend for titles then I absolutely think Lebron would have resigned in a heartbeat.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

It's been said that he's been somewhat "planning" or at least seriously thinking about returning for nearly 2 years.

Here's a 2012 article about it. (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-lebron-james-sly-campaign-211400656--nba.html)

It's as if he never wanted to leave Cleveland at all. He started to discuss a return before he'd ever won anything in Miami, and winning would've been the only motivation for an exit in the first place.

PJU85JF.png

It's sort of cool.

That's exactly what I am thinking.

If Miami would have won this year or at least not gotten its ass kicked in such a decisive manner that it casted doubt on whether or not Miami could still contend for titles then I absolutely think Lebron would have resigned in a heartbeat.

Maybe. We'll never know. I think there's a reasonable chance he would have left anyways. I do agree with McCarthy, though. I can see how winning those rings in Miami might have been a little bit less satisfying for him. That's not to say he wasn't satisfied, he very clearly was. At the very least, it probably made him think about what it would mean to win one in Cleveland.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't doubt he never wanted to go back at all. He essentially said in that letter he just needed to get away for awhile. I'm just against the idea that winning a chip in CLE would mean more than the two in MIA. Maybe to the people of CLE but not to Bron. A ring is a ring.

I don't doubt he never wanted to go back at all. He essentially said in that letter he just needed to get away for awhile. I'm just against the idea that winning a chip in CLE would mean more than the two in MIA. Maybe to the people of CLE but not to Bron. A ring is a ring.

I don't think that's true at all.

I don't think anybody doubts that it's more satisfying to win a ring as a dominant player in the Finals than a benchwarmer who only sees action in garbage time. I don't think anybody doubts that it's more satisfying to win a ring when everyone has already counted you out. So why should we doubt it'd be more satisfying to win a ring for your hometown club, in a region you are still very attached to?

Archived