The MLB according to raysox

raysox

What it do? I now present to you the MLB, with upgrades through my eyes. I plan to try to alter, or make new logos completely for this series. That, and get rid of some blue, and red. Here is just the basic info post, so I can keep track of the teams.

mlb1.png

21/30 DONE.

Rays---Yankees---Red Sox---Blue Jays---Orioles

Twins---Royals---Tigers---White Sox---Indians

Rangers---Angels---A's---Mariners

Nationals---Phillies---Braves---Marlins---Mets

Brewers---Cardinals---Cubs---Reds---Pirates---Astros

DiamondBacks---Rockies---Dodgers---Giants---Padres

Please no requests unless I ask. I have ideas for teams to start off.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/30 Texas Rangers

Looking at a poster in my room, I focused on the Rangers for some reason. I noted that they have the same hat, with 3 different options. They all had a T, with a blue crown, and 2 had a little hint of red. Then I noticed that there wasn't an R logo. Why not start them on a concept? With that, I was off. One thing that sucks is that they use a pretty solid T logo, but use a weird script, with many outlines. I cut those down, and went with a font that would match the new cap logos. The primary is a badge, for the rangers. I added lighting affects, and the shape of Texas. Speaking of which, is an alt logo.

The jerseys are revamped. i like the vest look, and my thinking was that it'd look good with this particular scheme. The numbers are simple MLB block, no need for something fancy. I offered 3 different caps, too.

EDIT: changed to a 5 sided star, then arched the script, changed the numbers, and got rid of the R caps.

Rangers2.png

2dvqsrn.png

First attempt- Logos, Jerseys

The next will be the Giants, but C&C for now!

I like the Rangers in sleeveless. I like the script. Nothing ground breaking but that doesn't mean it's not good. Anything that returns the team name to the front of the jersey is a winner in my book.

Truthfully, I'm not a fan.

You go with drop shadows on the hats and scripts, but outlines on the numbers and one color nameplates. Nothing in the set matches. It might be the template and the fatness of the letters, but the jersey scripts look like patches, and as any Phillies fan will tell you, it makes the jerseys look cheap.

The R logo isn't as good as the T logo, and although I wouldn't be opposed to it on a sleeve jersey or a BP hat, it doesn't belong anywhere on a game hat. The Rangers are the T. They're the only team that has consistently used a T on their hat, and that's been the one solid of their identity for 40 years now.

I'd like the primary logo, and that would be a huge improvement, but I'd definitely prefer a 5 tip star to the Star of David.

The 6-sided star doesn't work, because the Texas Rangers police unit uses a 5-sided star.

I'm also not fond of the 'R' logo for the hat. As was said, Texas is known for the 'T', which looks much better. It's symmetrical, and the serifs and points look just right. It's definitely a logo that can stand the test of time, and I'm not sure the 'R' in the same format can say the same.

Also, I think the numbers on the back should match the font. The names are okay how they are, but the plain numbers really clash with the stylized wordmark font that I would say defines the team.

p.s. Thank you for not using a red jersey.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I think it looks pretty good. The only huge complaint I have right now is that the script looks weird on the jerseys. I would suggest maybe arching the scripts, it looks more baseball-ish like that.

Took the words right outa my mouth. That would be a huge plus in my opinion.

I dunno about the primary logo, something about it just doesn't seem right. I'm just not a fan, but I would love to see you try and update this logo.

I'd still like comments on the Rangers, but I finished Los Gigantes, so I will post them.

2/30 San Francisco Giants

Keeping it basically the same with this, but making it my own. A few major things, instead of drop shadows, I used dual outlines on almost everything. The primary is probably a hit or miss, but the bottom is the baseball from the current, with the team name, and golden gate bridge on top. The bridge was the main focus for a logo I've done before. It's the G from the script, with a section of the bridge in the middle. Then, FINALLY, I made a script using the same font that says San Francisco. It may be a bit cluttered, but dammit, I finally got a logo like that done.

Onto the jerseys. The same striping style, but the sleeve piping is moved up slightly, not on the edge. The homes now have names on the back, and I kept the off colour. On each set, I changed to a standard block font, instead of the weird wide font they have. The caps are the same as the currents, with my logos. The road features my new script. Here it is!

Giants.png

GiantsJrs4.png

First Attempt: Jerseys

Oh-ho-ho. The idea for the Astros is amazing. I hope I can put it onto this to show y'all. C&C

I think you've nailed this one. The influence of the cream color looks amazing with that shade of orange. The G logo is also stellar. However, You're starting to get a little inconsistant with the numbers. They should relatively be in the center of the back, and the lettering would look better if arched around the numbers.

I have seen that G logo before, either as a concept on here or used by the Giants at some point. The double outline on the names is overkill, or at least the spacing is. You look at Lincecum's name and you have this little bit at the bottom of the M. The GIANTS on the black jersey should be spaced a little wider as it is hard to read with the double outline. Perhaps that is why they use the drop shadow. It provides depth with out the bulk. If you wanted to be unique with the G you should use the Coit Tower in the center instead of the bridge.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I really like the Giants logo. Nice Rangers Uniform concepts. Nice touch putting the Texas/Flag shape on the sleeve. They love that logo - being from Amarillo, TX, I also like it!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I like what I've seen so far. The Rangers set is very solid, and I love the Giants set. The only thing I would tweak on the Giants is to either simplify or remove the outlines on the nameplates, it looks too squashed together. Also, as mentioned, to curve the nameplates around the numbers a bit. Overall, though, great work to this point, and I can't wait to see the 'Stros.

TDZiMMB.png

Above, I arched the names, and got rid of the Giants outlines. Also made the jerseys bigger.

3/30 Houston Astros

Huge change right here. I only kept 1 logo, and that was the star logo, since I think its solid, and fit into my theme. The Astros have somewhat of an identity crisis. Their name is for the astronaut program in Houston. Then when they rebranded, they went for a western style theme? So I went back to navy and orange. The scripts, I went Kinda modern/rounded/sci-fi. The alternate logo is Minute Maid Park, in the style of the primary during the 70s and 80s. The primary is the script, with a space ship. Simple? but is it effective?

The jerseys have dual piping on the front, and sleeves. The numbers, and names have a double outline to match the script. Also, I arched the name, I'll do that from now on. The alternate hat has the colours swapped on the logo, just because it is on the current set.

Astros2.png

AstrosJrs.png

Comments!

Above, I arched the names, and got rid of the Giants outlines. Also made the jerseys bigger.

3/30 Houston Astros

Huge change right here. I only kept 1 logo, and that was the star logo, since I think its solid, and fit into my theme. The Astros have somewhat of an identity crisis. Their name is for the astronaut program in Houston. Then when they rebranded, they went for a western style theme? So I went back to navy and orange. The scripts, I went Kinda modern/rounded/sci-fi. The alternate logo is Minute Maid Park, in the style of the primary during the 70s and 80s. The primary is the script, with a space ship. Simple? but is it effective?

The jerseys have dual piping on the front, and sleeves. The numbers, and names have a double outline to match the script. Also, I arched the name, I'll do that from now on. The alternate hat has the colours swapped on the logo, just because it is on the current set.

Astros2.png

AstrosJrs.png

Comments!

While I get what you're going for with the Shuttle, I think using a more retro rocket would be better based on the fact that the Shuttle is, after this mission, being retired. Maybe use the Orion rocket? But I think and old-school apollo-style rocket would work better, since it is essentially timeless. Other than that, I love it! I totally agree that the Astro's should go back to this look, it's one of the best!

Anubis.png

Archived