The MLB according to raysox

raysox

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno if I like this one too much, I see too many contrasting elements here. The Star cap logo doesn't really mix well with the rest of the set; that being said, none of it really does. I'd like to see more of a baseball-y primary however, it seems kinda empty and bland as is. The uniforms are pretty solid, however. Nice work, but it could use a few tweaks.

Note on the Astros, I've done the A star logo before, and IMO the one used is way better

4/30 Tampa Bay Rays

Hit or miss concept here. I have always said I wish the Rays got good in their Green and Black set. But I still love the combo of Navy and Light blue. Thus, I mixed it. Currently, 20 teams have royal/navy blue as one of their main 2 colours, when there is 1 green team. I decided to make it 2, with a accent colour you don't normally see with green.

I kept the sting ray logo, since it's the only logo that has survived in this team's history. I made a whole new script. I drew it on paper, and this font pretty much matched it. I went to the green set motif for the cap logo, a TB with a sting ray. The primary is based off the one now, just with the font I used.

THe jerseys are essentially the same ones as now, with number outlines, and green instead of Navy. No light blue jersey. I don't like those.

Rays1.png

RaysJrs1.png

Attempt 1- Logos, Jerseys

Comments!?

Honestly, seeing those scripts and color scheme go a few years back was one of the greatest days of my life (the last part of that might be exaggerated!)...

This concept isn't doing anything for me. Simply b/c, personally, those scripts look like the font someone would use for the home screen logo on a Nintendo game.

Tampa____________Bay

Haha :grin:

I love the color scheme; it's what Tampa Bay should have gone with from the beginning. I agree that the scripts are a bit too "techy" or simply too blocky for something as smooth and sinuous as a manta ray (which I am assuming is the direction you're taking the concept in as the ray is under the TB on the cap and so on).

It's too blocky... it should be smooth and free-flowing like the ray in the logo.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Well, I was hoping for some comments on the Rays update, but I'd rather post my Cardinals logos.

5/30 St. Louis Cardinals

I love the Cards' set now, the thing is, their package isn't bold. It's plain red, and navy, then with a weak yellow. I took that into consideration and have a product I'm happy with. The new colours are red/maroon/golden yellow. The maroon boosts the red, and gives it an old time feel. The first StL logo on the site is maroon! I basically used the same primary, but with the arch from the allstar game logo. The birds on bat logo is the same, but I added a St. Louis one for the roads. Kept the StL, added a bird head, and the primary without Cardinals for a patch.

The jerseys are my favorite. They have a badass retro jersey with piping running up the sleeves. The current has no piping what-so-ever. This also plays into the bold affect. The rest is basically the same, with maroon, instad of navy. Also added something for stir-ups.

Cardinals.png

CardinalsJrs1.png

Comments on this, and Tampa.

bump.

I like the brown with the red. I don't know if that particularly fits the Cardinals though. It feels a bit like change for the sake of change since your changing of the Rays' colors was so popular. (This scheme may be more suited for the Diamondbacks?) If anything, I'd change their scheme to red and black as those colors are actually on the bird. I really like the piping down the sleeves. Not only does it add some boldness to their uniforms, but it's a nice tie back to their past. (Musial started playing in uniforms that were piped that way.)

Wait wait. I jumped in too fast. I just read that the brown is in fact maroon. Well, it looks brown to me. Haha. I still say go with black.

Oh and one other thing: I really like the use of "St. Louis" on the away uniforms. To all the Cardinal fans out there (I know, I know. We are all Cardinals, etc.): Is it tradition that the Cardinals don't use the St. Louis version of the bat and birds script? They've always just had "Cardinals" on their jerseys, right?

As for Tampa Bay, I'd still say the scripts just need to be plain "scriptier." (How do you like that word? Haha.) I get that general old-Rays-scripts (pre navy and powder scheme) feel from the ones you've presented here. However, I think they'd be simply better if they were more like a traditional script (like St. Louis's, actually). The direction you've gone in for the idea behind the mascot (a manta ray) would lend itself to a more sinuous, flowing look (i.e. something in cursive). Rays aren't blocky. Even with the updates, the scripts (and mark for the hat) are still too blocky. Have you ever tried your hand at a custom baseball script? Plus, T and B can be combined in more creative ways than just putting them next to each other. (That's one of my gripes with Tampa Bay's current set.)

not feeling the two shades of Red for the Cardinals. I would go even simpler and just use red, gold, and then black just to replace burgundy in the logos. I definitely like the bird head on the alternate, as well as the alternate itself. Good idea removing blue, nonetheless. The uniform designs are good. Probably what I would do for them, minus the sock stripes (sue me!) and the darker shade of red.

Tampa Bay: Although I like their current color scheme a lot better, I think it's a nice concept. I just don't like it as much as the one they have.

St. Louis: I have to comlain the lack of blue. I don't think replacing it with maroon, which in some lighting actually looks purple-ish, was a good idea. I do like the logo though.

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

Archived