The MLB according to raysox

raysox

Love the colors for the Rays. Like you, I was a fan of the green and I also like the light blue. Unfortunately, they were both paired with dull colors. Putting them together looks great, and creates a very unique look. The wordmarks do seem a bit bland, and I wonder what they'd look like italicized.

In general, I'm a big fan of the Cards reworking. I actually kind of like the addition of maroon. (It sort of reminds me of the St. Louis Browns.) But I can see why blue would be a more logical choice, and it would probably look fine, too. I say if you want this to be more realistic, go with blue. If you want it to be more idealistic, keep the maroon. The uniforms--especially the socks--are gorgeous though. Good stuff.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow these jerseys for the Astros, Rays and Cardinals are definitely looking great.. however for the St. L Cards 3rd jersey I dont think I can see the crest well with the other red color.. whoa... but do put say, a yellow outline around that for the 3rd jersey, ya know? but aside from that this is impressive...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Thanks for the comments. I can see where you guys are coming from for most, but one thing I can't say I can agree is the adition of black as a substitute of navy/maroon. Since the Reds in the same division use it. Personally, I can't say its bold enough.

What if I made it not as dark?

Oh, and ht enext two teams are Seattle, and Philly.

Also, look for an update on the Rays script. I'll go back to the drawing board.

I just reallly dislike the color scheme for the Rays. I think the current scheme or the old one would work, but not a combo of both.

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

I had 3 concepts opened, and started. Here is the first one of those 3.

6/30 Philadelphia Phillies

I LOVED the maroon and light blue scheme, so I brought it back. There's really nothing ground breaking to do with this team. The primary is the shape of Citizen's Bank park. I made a home plate like some stadium logos. The bell included in this set also resembles the bell tower lights in the park. Same old P logo, and script. I WANTED to do a Philadelphia script, but its way too long for a jersey.

I nearly took away the pinstripes, but found they had history when the team won their first championship. The roads are suppose to resemble the currents, but with different stripes. The alt's are the light blue form of the grey. Note, the sleeve patch is the numbers from the currents. BUT WAIT, under hem now is the bell. Does that work?

Phillies.png

PhilliesJrs.png

Mariners will most likely be next, then maybe the White Sox/Brewers.

I was never really a fan of this color scheme, but I think you used the powder blue sparingly, which is good. However, I'm not too fond of the alternate; it's just kinda there, so I'd go maroon. By the way, the numbers over the liberty bell looks nice.

I forgot to mention, the alternate is a throwback to these.

Majestic-Philadelphia-Phillies-1980-Replica-Road-Cooperstown-Jersey-ItemImg_3002073.jpg

I'm going to have to say I really like that Phillies concept. I honestly would say nothing you did here would have seemed like a "fix" for me, and I wouldnt have gone in that direction at all...the odd sleeve stripes on 2 and 3, and the keeping of the pinstripes on home.

But, I think if I saw the Phillies actually wearing this it would be so different I'd force myself to like it! Bravo

• 2 weeks later...

I have some of these done, and will show them off in the next few days.

7/30 San Diego Padres

I'm continuing to get rid of the blues in the majors. This is one of the easier teams to do that. The padres use to have a sweet colour scheme in Brown/yellow/orange. I just HAD to bring it back. But thats it, I kept the current logos. I made the swinging friar more prominent in the set. Consistency was also lacking. The only script with a drop shadow was the Padres one. What I did was use the same effect on the cap logo and the San Diego script.

The jerseys are a throwback to the jerseys used back when the colours were used. They had 3 stripes on the sleeves, so I brought it back, with the same pattern on the collar. The numbers match the scripts, but I decided to not put outlines on the name. The home cap has the yellow front, since it would clash with the grey. The alternate is also a throwback to the road brown set they wore with yellow sleeves.

Padres.png

PadresJrs.png

Comments? I do mote than soccer concepts!

I love the Phillies look. My only complaint is, as you've always done, the patch on the right sleeve...one patch is usually on the left. Their road uni was a favorite of mine as a kid and I think the way you splashed the light blue there works. Love the powder alt.

Padres looks good, given the colors. I am always disappointed that the brown/yellow and brown/yellow/orange are the predominant San Diego throwbacks. I think your concept would be great with the under-rated late 1980s Brown/Orange scheme.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I lied. I got this idea before I could figure out the two i mentioned above

8/30 Washington Nationals

One thing with this series I tried to do, was explore other colour combos. The NL East currently has 3 red and blue teams. I decided to make it just one in the world of raysox(see the Phillies). I was toying around with red, bronze, and an off white. It needed a darker colour, anything but blue. I tried black, and maybe a darker red. Then I tried brown, and it looked fantastic. I really like the first scripts as compared to the cursive scripts that match the W. I used those as you can see. I wanted to make a W that matched the scripts, but I really couldn't stray away from that classic logo. The primary is a combination of one of the logos they had, with the capital building.

You know how some teams have double piping on their jerseys, well i did the unthinkable. BAM TRIPLE PIPING. No neck piping or anything, just sleeves. The home match the off white from the logo. The names and numbers match the scripts. Thats pretty much it

Nationals1.png

NationalsJrs.png

Also for the sleeve patch logo location, this is just a preference of mine. Plus, its the MLB according to raysox! Comments.

Archived