The MLB according to raysox

raysox

This has got to be one of my favorites so far, I really like that primary logo (although I feel it could have more of a baseball-vibe to it). Definately a fan of the cream colored uniform, as well as the red alternate. I like the way you unified both cap logos to look like they belong to the same team, that's a plus. I would, however, like to see navy replace the darker brown (just to see how it looks, it is the nations' capital you know). Great job regardless.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really like the Padres. The colors are gorgeous and the MLB could use more stuff like that (and less navy). I'm not really into the yellow wedge on the home cap, but I've just never liked that particular style. Other than that, it's a big winner.

I'm unsure about the Nats. I do really like the new colors (and your reasoning for the change makes perfect sense). But just like the real world Nats, your concept seems to me to lack consistency. You have three different type styles--the curvy W, the blocky wordmarks, and the type from the logo--and they are so different from each other that it can't possibly come together as a cohesive concept. Personally, I prefer the loopy type that matches the W (like the current Nats' roads), but whatever you do, I think you need one style.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I have some of these done, and will show them off in the next few days.

7/30 San Diego Padres

I'm continuing to get rid of the blues in the majors. This is one of the easier teams to do that. The padres use to have a sweet colour scheme in Brown/yellow/orange. I just HAD to bring it back. But thats it, I kept the current logos. I made the swinging friar more prominent in the set. Consistency was also lacking. The only script with a drop shadow was the Padres one. What I did was use the same effect on the cap logo and the San Diego script.

The jerseys are a throwback to the jerseys used back when the colours were used. They had 3 stripes on the sleeves, so I brought it back, with the same pattern on the collar. The numbers match the scripts, but I decided to not put outlines on the name. The home cap has the yellow front, since it would clash with the grey. The alternate is also a throwback to the road brown set they wore with yellow sleeves.

Padres.png

PadresJrs.png

Comments? I do mote than soccer concepts!

Love these, even though the mascot made me think of LITTLE-CAESARS.gif

Absolutely LOVE the Phillies set. Their best uniforms were in the Schmidt era.

87Redskins.png

TC was on the fence about this concept when I showed him this, how do you like it?

9/30 Chicago White Sox

I wanted to mix it up a bit with this concept. Some might love, some might make me go back and redo it.

I found out that the White Sox and Tigers use basically the same font, so I went retro with this. I loved the Chicago script that they wore in the 70s, so I tried to match the Sox logo with a similar font. The alternate uses an update sock from a primary logo used in the 50s and 60s. It is surrounded by the diamond in the current alternate. The primary IS the cap logo, like now.

The jerseys are also new. I decided against pinstripes, just to be different. So no pinstripes and the design used on the black alt now on the sleeves and collars. The numbers match the scripts, and the front numbers are on line with the logo. Also notice the white socks! With stirups!

WhiteSox.png

WhiteSoxJrs.png

Brewers will be next. I have it done, but I'll let this one sit for a few.

As a Sox fan, I'm a bit torn on this one. I do like the faux-retro look. Gives a lot more character. I also like the sock/wing secondary logo, though I think I'd tilt it so that the 'leg' part of the sock is upright (vertical) instead of the 'foot' part. I like the road and alt uniforms just fine, but I'm not sure about the loss of pinstripes. The home uniform is crisp and clean, but part of me really wishes the pinstripes were still there (or, I'd at least like to be able to compare the two versions).

The thing for me that really isn't working, unfortunately, is the primary/cap logo. It's probably a function of that typeface you chose, but the S is simply dwarfing the O and the X. They seem like they're being squeezed into oblivion. When I look at the cap, the whole thing blurs and it's not that big of a deal because my eye only sees the S (which is fine), but in large format by itself the primary needs work.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This sort of has a minor league vibe to it, but I kinda like it...coming from a Cubs fan. I love how you matched the wordmark with the cap logo, definately a plus. I would drop the numbers on the front of the roads, it provides inconsistancy with the number placement compared to the other two uniforms. I'm kind of indifferent with the number font because it matches the script so well, but it's also a little too much for me.

I have a few done to post.

10/30 Milwaukee Brewers

I like the current scripts and cap logos, but I also like the old barrel guy and colours. I mixed the two with this concept. One thing, I did NOT use the ball in glove logo like EVERYONE who has ever done a Brewers concept ever before. The current cap logos and scripts look great so I used them. I made a B cap logo for an alt cap. The barrel man is a must, it is just soooo awesome. The primary started out as stripes like the barrel man. But it looked odd, so I just kept it as pinstripes which changed my decision on the home jerseys.

Originally I just had a plain white home, but like I said above I put pinstripes. I like the current numbers, so I used them with the same shadow effect. No weird names though, just plain block. Here. Look at it. Now.

Brewers1.png

BrewersJrs1.png

Attempt 1: Logos, Jerseys

I have a Twins concept I'm excited about to post next!

Padres: PERFECT! This is what they should be wearing right now.

White Sox: Nice allusion to the 1970s softball unis, but I think they'd look better without the outlines on everything except the alt jersey.

Brewers: It's an upgrade, but you kept almost everything I hate about their current identity... the unnecessary drop-shadows, the stock (and borderline-illegible) number font, the barley sprigs (the M is strong enough to stand on its own IMO).

On the Padres set: I'm not feeling this one. The "Padres" script really clashes with the colors. The script was designed with an ocean theme in mind (hence the wave underneath it) and brown, yellow, and orange aren't wavy.

On the White Sox set: IMO this would be one of the best sets in the league if it was implemented. Really nice job here.

On the Brewers set: Looks nice. You forgot to put pinstripes on the alternate set's pants though. Really like that "B" logo.

6fQjS3M.png

I updated the Brew Crew. Pinstripes on the alt pants, which was just a mistake by me. THen the primary I just recoloured. I did get rid of red on it, so I hope that works, now for the next!

11/30 Minnesota Twins

I got help on this one from an ACTUAL Twins fan!

I think the current set is great, but could be changed. The primary, I just got rid of the Minnesota Baseball Club circle, nothing special. I like the current TC logo, but I thought of a way to maybe tie it in to the set better. The T from the Twins script fused with the wishbone c to make the new cap logo. Minne and Paul shaking hands on a logo for a patch on a sleeve. Then a new idea for the Minnesota script on the roads. TC suggested a slanted c on the cap but I wasnt feeling it.

The jerseys have some of the current influence, then some of me. The cap logo is all the same. So is the home jersey, pinstripes just work. The numbers have the shadow and such like the script. The roads also have pinstripes unlike the roads now. The names have an outline to seperate. the alternate just has red piping on a navy jersey, basically the current alt.

Twins.png

TwinsJrs1-1.png

So how'd I do? I really want to try the Rays concept again. Like really, that one sucked looking back.

Archived