Lights Out's MLB Concepts

Lights Out

Detroit Tigers

tigers1.png

tigers2.png

tigers3.png

tigersaltcap.png

For this concept, I tried to mix traditional and modern. The Tigers had a really good primary for a few years with an actual tiger in it (go figure!) which I wanted to use again in a greater capacity. The home unis have been tweaked with changes that probably no Tiger fan or traditionalist is going to like - the plain Old English D has been replaced by the version with the tiger going through it, and the number and NOB get an orange outline. The only change I made to the road is that the ugly and unnecessary double outline has been replaced by a single orange outline.

Finally, I brought back the infamous one-game blue alternates, with the modified version of the Tigers' old primary. Nothing has really been changed here on the jersey, it simply is brought back as-is. However, a new alternate cap drawing off a new trend among minor league teams - caps that focus on their animal mascots' eyes. The eyes and nose of course come from the tiger logo here. This cap would be worn strictly with the blue alternates, and the blue alternates would only be worn on Sunday.

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The jerseys look nice but I'm not a fan of the hat. I think hats like that work in the minors but not for the bigs. I wouldn't be against an orange hat that featured the old English D.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

I like the uniforms (though I'd be love to see you go a bit out there with a set incorporating tiger stripes).

Not convinced by the hat, I think maybe you've either used too much of the face or not enough. Perhaps you could add stripes to the hat too/instead?

the third jersey is amazing, what i dont get is the hat. it looks a little odd and doesnt really match up with the jerseys despite there being a tiger in the D. id like to see a white hat with the old D

maehl.png

Archived