UFL

landmasta

** bump **

The Virginia Destroyers broke out their road uniforms last week.

I really like the dark shade of gray they use for the helmets. If the league survives and the team decides to change up the uniforms, I think they should consider making the darker gray their primary color. Navy blue and cardinal could remain as accent colors.

I don't like that they altered the colors on the helmet decals, but maybe they had to given the dark shade of gray the used for the helmet. I believe at one point they were going to go with white helmets instead. Also, their helmet decals just seem small. Like they accidentally ordered decals intended for youth football helmets.

297978_10150286172195780_70863495779_8118872_1889091881_n.jpg

Wow, number 21 is kind of short but he has some guns. I think the helmets of the Destroyers are battleship grey and their jersey numbers are similar to the font that is used on navy vessels. Yeah I like the color too.

realclearpolitics.com

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire."

- Robert A. Heinlein

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Battleship gray. Okay, gotcha.

I've wanted to see a football team wear a dark shade of gray for a primary color pretty much since Tampa started wearing pewter back in 97 (I know it not the same color, but it's close enough for me). There is alot of room for improvement with UFL uniforms, most of the current sets would benefit from a few tweeks here and there.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I think they need a better provider than SFC. Its nice that they're unique but they could be better.

I agree. I was never on board with their decision to go with SBC. Personally I thought their supplier from 2009 (Gamewear) had better quality uniforms, despite the bizarre template each team in the league was forced to use that year. I think it would be safe to rule out Nike as a supplier for the UFL. Adidas could be a longshot. If the leage had more teams, I think Under Armour would do it. Russell Athletic seems like the most logical choice, atleast of out the most popular uniform suppliers.

I think they intentionally have two different shades of gray. From what I've been told Battleship Gray (helmets) and Haze Gray (away jerseys & pants) are both associated with the US Navy. Seeing how this teams has a Navy theme it sorta makes sense, although maybe they should have just chosen one over the other. Plus the white numbers on the gray away jerseys mimics the look of numbers on actual Navy ships. They are really trying to tie in as much association with the Navy as possible with this team.

Archived