UFL

landmasta

As much as I hate to admit it, I can see where the Chamber's coming from. UTSA is going to need a few years to build itself up and having a minor-league team steal its thunder, even a little bit, would not be good for a program that the city's hoping to build up as a viable economic entity.

Still, I've would've gone to the open tryouts in a heartbeat.

GR30a5H.png

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you go to each team's page and see the picture for the cheerleading tyrouts, the title looks to be done in the teams' colors:

Hartford - Gold, Navy, and Baby Blue

Omaha - Navy, Black, and Silver

Sacramento - Black, Teal, and Grass Green

Florida and Las Vegas appear to still be using Black, Cyan, and Silver. No lime Green.

spacer.png

The script by itself is fine.

The logo behind the script as the helmet logo(s) is pretty good.

But both together on the primary? A little too much.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

The script by itself is fine.

The logo behind the script as the helmet logo(s) is pretty good.

But both together on the primary? A little too much.

I agree. I would like to see the rest of the uniforms but I see the UCLA look going on. Has a release date been set for the identify reveals for Sacramento and Omaha franchises?

Whoops, sorry. I was watching the Allen Iverson 30 for 30. For those of you who don't want to open the pdf:

EDIT: Guess I had the wrong logos up. Check out the other posts for the correct one.

Colonials%20Logo-Word%20Mark.jpg

My thoughts...

* While I like the "Eagle-H" portion of the logo, the overall primary mark is far - FAR - too busy. The Art-Deco elements fanning-out from behind the "Eagle-H" and C-shaped device are wholly unnecessary and do nothing besides clutter the overall design.

* The wordmark font is too busy for my liking, as well. It has a 19th-Century "Americana" and/or "Old West" feel to it, rather than something I would associate with Connecticut's colonial period.

* I'm also not a fan of the city name being split in two - HART and FORD - by the "Eagle-H" element.

* Even with the Blue outlines and C-shaped device, this logo is going to get lost on a Metallic Gold helmet, which is what the team is set to use.

* Even when broken-out from the rest of the primary mark, the "Eagle-H and C-Device" have more of the feel of a league logo or special event mark, than a team logo.

I how the UFL will continue its theme of helmets with a unique stripe down pattern down the middle, but in this case I don't think it will stand out. There's just too much gold on gold between the logo, the helmet, and the stripe element.

Archived