UFL

landmasta

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw the style sheet for LV.

1. I like the train helmet stripe. Its a gimmick but it is working for the UFL. Cant wait to see more.

2. Hate the combination word mark and primary. What does that make it then? it's too ciche. We live HERE!!!! We don't care about that sign. It doesn't say anything to us. And since we have the 215, the 15, 93/95, St Rose Pkwy we dont drive by it...EVER. Terrible decision by a New York City firm. Get local!!!!! We hate the tourists, but we cant live without them. Its a love hate thing. Just dont put it on our football team.

3. The color is too UNLV. There are plenty of colors out there. Could be an easier transition for the field. The scoreboard and walls at the field are probably red. So that makes some sense. Does that mean Sacto will be green?

3. Whats with that star? Terrible.

4. The "LVL" support mark is unrecognizable. It took me a while. I thought the V was a U.

Vegas will be a major league city and when we are hopefully the gimmicks will be gone and we can enjoy more logos like the Wranglers and not this atrocity or the old Las Vegas Stars Hound Dog logo or the 51's name and logo (which Im now sick of).

Eww, they've taken an already over-comical logo and increased the comedic kitsch 100 fold. If the "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign was incorporated in a more tasteful manner (think the AFL Arena Bowl logo from the mid 2000s), then the primary logo would be a little better. At least the helmet will (1) just have the "Locos" wordmark and (2) have added detail on the top center decal (the front grill of an old-time locomotive).

I really hope the UFL takes off, unlike it's horrific predecessor the XFL.

My general opinions -

Locos - last year was better, but the helmet stripe looks great

Colonials - I'll only be repeating what everyone else has said.

Sacramento - Renamed as the Mountain Lions...here's hoping a non-cheesy logo surfaces

Nighthawks - Pro Sports in Omaha seems like a perfect fit. Here's hoping a non-cheesy logo surfaces

Tuskers - don't change a thing.

Anyone see the Draft logo? I liked it, anyway

2. Hate the combination word mark and primary. What does that make it then? it's too ciche. We live HERE!!!! We don't care about that sign. It doesn't say anything to us. And since we have the 215, the 15, 93/95, St Rose Pkwy we dont drive by it...EVER. Terrible decision by a New York City firm. Get local!!!!! We hate the tourists, but we cant live without them. Its a love hate thing. Just dont put it on our football team.

Wow. This really brings up some interesting discussion points - I never really thought of it like this before. Who is the team being marketed to? Is it the locals, or do they want tourists to say "hey, there's a football team here, I should go!"? If it's the former, then I totally agree that they should stay away from cliches and out-of-town marketing gimmicks. However, they still need to move merchandise, and the average joe at the air port might be more inclined to buy a shirt with the sign on it, even if he has no idea what said shirt is for.

I'll admit, if I was designing a logo for Las Vegas, my first instinct would be to make it a gambling-based or landmark-based logo, which would obviously not be loved by the locals (assuming they feel like you.) I guess it's like how so many concepts for Philadelphia teams all have the Liberty Bell, when the average resident here really doesn't think about the historical aspects of the city, and an alarming number of residents have never even seen the Liberty Bell.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like it. As a person near Omaha and will probably cheer on the Nighthawks when their season begins, I think they made a good choice when creating a decent logo.

I think the logos are great. But again, just like with the Colonials, where is the color contrast? Dark logos on a dark helmet? Why bother with logos at all?

I'm loving the helmet stripes, though. They're clearly a signature of this league's design aesthetic and they get better with each team.

I think the logos are great. But again, just like with the Colonials, where is the color contrast? Dark logos on a dark helmet? Why bother with logos at all?

I'm loving the helmet stripes, though. They're clearly a signature of this league's design aesthetic and they get better with each team.

In this particular case I think it works. It fits in with the stealth theme, similar to Mizzou's Pro Combat helmet.

A really nice look and I can totally see a matte paint job here as well. Some more light colors to differentiate would be nice but this IMO is easily the best of all four identities we have seen. I really hope they knock the Lions out of the park.

I think the logos are pretty good. I think the colors might be just a little too dark though. These are dark colors that work well together, but Omaha may have made everything a little too dark.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived