That's weird, they must have taken them down.. I wonder what for

Yea i can't find it either? Any one have the PDF, please...

I'm not fond of the idea of an alternate left-side helmet logo. IMO, the only way the two sides should be different is by flipping the logo left-to-right. If you decide your helmet is going to incorporate a logo that can't be flipped, then just slap the thing on the left side and live with it. It wouldn't be the first time.

cfl67-.jpg

E9C9E439D34FEF335A5AB0D4583865.jpg

The Ravens' two helmet logos do manage to somewhat cleverly skirt that standard:

BaltimoreRavens2.png

I like the idea of using the non-S version of the logo on both sides. They could use the S version as the official or shield logo, but use the non-S on the helmets to make the two sides equal. I actually prefer that logo without the forced S shape.

Also, I think it is safe to say that having helmet logos that match the color of the helmet is a key element of what the UFL is doing, don't know why, but they are:

Hartford: Gold helmet with a gold sunburst pattern and a gold eagle-H outlined in 2 tones of blue.

Las Vegas: Silver helmet with silver text of "Locos" outlined in black and red.

Sacramento: Gold helmet with a gold lion wrapped in black and white and gold again (perhaps too many outlines here?)

Omaha: Black helmet with a predominantly black plane flying through a mostly black "O", trimmed in silver and slate.

Only Florida has avoided this trend with a black/silver logo on a blue helmet.

Apparently the UFL thinks this will work, and up until now we have only really seen the Omaha helmet, where it does seem to work. I look forward to seeing the actual Hartford, Sacramento and new LV helmets to see for myself.

I like the idea of using the non-S version of the logo on both sides. They could use the S version as the official or shield logo, but use the non-S on the helmets to make the two sides equal. I actually prefer that logo without the forced S shape.

Also, I think it is safe to say that having helmet logos that match the color of the helmet is a key element of what the UFL is doing, don't know why, but they are:

Hartford: Gold helmet with a gold sunburst pattern and a gold eagle-H outlined in 2 tones of blue.

Las Vegas: Silver helmet with silver text of "Locos" outlined in black and red.

Sacramento: Gold helmet with a gold lion wrapped in black and white and gold again (perhaps too many outlines here?)

Omaha: Black helmet with a predominantly black plane flying through a mostly black "O", trimmed in silver and slate.

Only Florida has avoided this trend with a black/silver logo on a blue helmet.

Apparently the UFL thinks this will work, and up until now we have only really seen the Omaha helmet, where it does seem to work. I look forward to seeing the actual Hartford, Sacramento and new LV helmets to see for myself.

Maybe Sacramento can change their name to the Sacramento Spenders. Their color could be red. Lots and lots of red. :P J/K.

I really think Sacramento missed an opportunity to do a helmet design similar to the San Jose Sabrecats, with a more a Mountain Lion emerging from the back of the helmet going forward. That would have avoided the awkward need for different helmet logos for each side.

But that's just me. I'm a homer for the Sabrecats helmet and the old USFL Michigan Panthers helmet.

My God. How big is that guy's ego? He turns down the opportunity to stay in the NFL just because he wants to be a starter?! Someone really needs to tell him he hasn't been worth a damn since Moss left Minnesota.

My God. How big is that guy's ego? He turns down the opportunity to stay in the NFL just because he wants to be a starter?! Someone really needs to tell him he hasn't been worth a damn since Moss left Minnesota.

I can't imagine his ego's that very big consideing he was an integral part of the worst team in NFL history.

I'd give him a break. He knows full well that he's used up all of his chances to be an NFL starter, and if he wants to play, let him play. He is after all reunited with Denny Green.

To some, it's more important to sit on the bench and pull in a paycheck than to go out and contribute.

SacramentoMountainLions_PML1_2010-9.png

Okay so I've taken a day or two before commenting on this one cos I didn't want to knee jerk it as it were, but I have to say I actually quite like the MountainLions logo it's probably the best one yet.

With that said I'm not a big fan of the Logotype, they've made a really big deal out of kerning the whole thing really tight so that the black outlines in all the letters a through o touch, and then they've left white space between the Character S and the the rest of it, which really breaks up the flow of the whole thing! They really should have pulled the S in much closer to the rest of the word mark if the wanted to pull this off.

With that said compared to the totally over the score extras going on the in the back ground of the Hartford ID it's pretty small potatoes. All in all the packages seem to be getting stronger as they are announced Omaha and Sacramento being the the best and the most recent. Will be interesting to see what next years expansion team's graphics will be like.

9erssteve

I know it's but a small detail, but the mini-camp shows the helmets with black facemasks over the white ones shown in the logo sheet. Given that the Hartford Colonials are supposed to have white masks with their gold helmets, it's a good change.