Vancouver Canucks Concept

Lego

Hello, this is my first concept. I tried to make the new johnny canuck logo work.here it is!

HOMEY.gif

AWAYGOODESt.gif

Alternate.gif

p.s. the pant strips are supposed to be straight, but the pants look odd if I make them straight on the concept

Second Try:

I tossed the black, double blue, fixed the away helmet and made the logo's smaller

Hometry2.png

Awaytry2.png

Alttry2.png

#1- Double blue is overused these days

#2- The black alt really doesn't need black pants, and the whole idea of a black jersey for a navy team seems pointless in and of itself.

#3- The white jersey needs a white helmet, a la the NHL rulebook.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I don't think that Johnny Canuck works as a primary logo, it's too cartoony, to stereotyped, novelty to work.

And I'm pretty sure the majority of Canucks fans are begging for more green - I appreciate you trying to be different, but different just to for the heck of it can be dangerous, and the Canucks have done that too many times already.

The black does seem uncalled for, and reminds me a lot of the Kings'.

Keep tweaking and playing with colour combinations...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The first thing that I thought when I saw this was "Ugh, the NHL doesn't need more teams with multiple shades of blue." Maybe it's because green is my favorite color, but why would you take out a distinguishable accent color that is used by only two other NHL teams and replace it with another blue? The Canucks have always been known for their "out there" uniforms, so to speak - this is just incredibly dull and unoriginal. I like the idea of having Johnny Canuck as the crest, and I certainly appreciate the fact that you're not using the "stick in rink" logo that everyone seems to love for some reason, but I think if you want this concept to stand out among others you need to produce something with a bit more originality and individuality. Keep trying.

Also, drop the black alt.

330zl3b.png

That looks like the LA Kings jersey colors.. at least stick with the current Canucks colors.. a green version of that would be interesting to see....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

I don't think that Johnny Canuck works as a primary logo, it's too cartoony, to stereotyped, novelty to work.

And I'm pretty sure the majority of Canucks fans are begging for more green - I appreciate you trying to be different, but different just to for the heck of it can be dangerous, and the Canucks have done that too many times already.

What about Johnny Canuck for a 3rd jersey? I think you are right it is a little too cartoony for a primary

What about Johnny Canuck for a 3rd jersey? I think you are right it is a little too cartoony for a primary

certainly good as a third...

Especially on the green you displayed here...

As for the logo you used as primary... don't get me started on that one...

Having grown up in Quebec, raised on fast food and Joe Louis cakes, can't help but see he Vacho cakes logo there

http://www.seeklogo.com/images/V/Vachon-logo-637BF8BAD6-seeklogo.com.gif

@Frenchie_TO

Having grown up in Quebec, raised on fast food and Joe Louis cakes, can't help but see he Vacho cakes logo there

Haha, I've never seen that one before. which logo do you think then? it's down to the orca and the stick in rink logo

Home2ndstickinrink.png

Home2ndorca.png

Haha, I've never seen that one before. which logo do you think then? it's down to the orca and the stick in rink logo

Home2ndstickinrink.png

Home2ndorca.png

I'm one of the few who always liked the Orca logo, and also the Flying Skate one, but it could be a challenge to recolor.

Also always thought the skate in rink logo while very cool originally, is overrated as a "retro" logo.

But I'm sure I'm a minority.

@Frenchie_TO

I'm one of the few who always liked the Orca logo, and also the Flying Skate one, but it could be a challenge to recolor.

Also always thought the skate in rink logo while very cool originally, is overrated as a "retro" logo.

But I'm sure I'm a minority.

This is the best I could do with the skate logo, all I have is "photo expressions" that came with my printer and ms paint. photo expressions was actually really great for recolouring the logo its just that you can't take a colour from one picture and "dump" it on another, so the blues and greens don't match.

CanucksLogo.png

This is the best I could do with the skate logo, all I have is "photo expressions" that came with my printer and ms paint. photo expressions was actually really great for recolouring the logo its just that you can't take a colour from one picture and "dump" it on another, so the blues and greens don't match.

CanucksLogo.png

You can get a trial of the new Photoshop and Illustrator here: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

Can someone please tell me one redeemable quality of that skate logo? Really now. It's unattractive, incredibly dated, has absolutely nothing to do with the team name AND it has lasers flying all over the place.

It has never made anyone's list of the best hockey logos. The only list it ever makes is someone's personal best amongst a bunch of crappy Canucks' logos - that most people don't like. It's like choosing a douche over a turd sandwich.

Anyone?

You know, even though they always make everyone's lists of ugliest uniforms of all time, I think the 'V' jersey has a ton of potential, one, because it's unique, and two, because it's inherently difficult to come up with an appropriately descriptive logo for a team named 'Canucks.' It's also their second-longest tenured uniform set, behind the navy blue and burgundy orca set.

I think ditching the waist stripes in favor of the large V across the front of the sweater would look great. Use the new stick-in-rink logo on the shoulders, you could have something. I think the colors of the original V uniform didn't do it any favors, along with the fact that they tried to incorporate countless other Vs into the uniform as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Can someone please tell me one redeemable quality of that skate logo? Really now. It's unattractive, incredibly dated, has absolutely nothing to do with the team name AND it has lasers flying all over the place.

It has never made anyone's list of the best hockey logos. The only list it ever makes is someone's personal best amongst a bunch of crappy Canucks' logos - that most people don't like. It's like choosing a douche over a turd sandwich.

Anyone?

I think it is the ties it has with history, Trevor Linden was in his prime when they wore it and they wore it in their only (corect me if i'm wrong) stanley cup final in '94. as for the team name canuck=canadian and we love our hockey thats probably why there is a skate... the "lasers" are probably just to take up space in the circle

You know, even though they always make everyone's lists of ugliest uniforms of all time, I think the 'V' jersey has a ton of potential, one, because it's unique, and two, because it's inherently difficult to come up with an appropriately descriptive logo for a team named 'Canucks.' It's also their second-longest tenured uniform set, behind the navy blue and burgundy orca set.

I think ditching the waist stripes in favor of the large V across the front of the sweater would look great. Use the new stick-in-rink logo on the shoulders, you could have something. I think the colors of the original V uniform didn't do it any favors, along with the fact that they tried to incorporate countless other Vs into the uniform as well.

Well Johnny Canuck is the best possible representation for the team name out there.

Though your suggestion would, I think, look pretty awesome. As long as they kept the Vs to the sweater and left them off the pants and socks.

Archived