The Transit Map Thread

Waffles

Recently, Waterloo Region has approved a light rail transit system that will start to be constructed next year and will be operating in 2017 in Kitchener and Waterloo. It will eventually be extended into Cambridge in a few years. Here is a map of stage 1 and stage 2.

Rapid%20Transit%20Route%20Map%20-%20Marc

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Recently, Waterloo Region has approved a light rail transit system that will start to be constructed next year and will be operating in 2017 in Kitchener and Waterloo. It will eventually be extended into Cambridge in a few years. Here is a map of stage 1 and stage 2.

oooo! Another member from K-W? As for the new LRT, I'm liking it.

oooo! Another member from K-W? As for the new LRT, I'm liking it.

Yes, I am from K-W. As for the LRT, I think it's going to be good when it finally comes. I hope they make a phase 3 in maybe 10 years or so and add a couple of extra lines with more stops that access more areas. I'm sure it'll happen eventually.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Here is my local (and uninteresting) map for the Merseyrail transit system.

Merseyrailmap.jpg

I live on the peninsular to the left (West) called the Wirral in the village of Upton. Further to the West of here is Wales.

The Wirral line goes underground to cross the river Mersey and both the Wirral and Northern lines are underground in the city of Liverpool.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

San Francisco, Oakland and San Jose, CA

8095287261_f0ab3f1e3e_b.jpg

Richmond, VA 2

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1100$sx577$s.

richmond_streetcar_diagrambeta4.gif

Belgrade, Serbia 2

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1023$sx856$s.

beograd.jpg

Copenhagen, Denmark

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 2629$sx2629$s.

kbenhavnfrdig3.jpg

Hampton Roads area, VA

7575644832_514f8c3e9a_z.jpg

Richmond, VA 3 (commuter rail)

midlothianrail.jpg

That fictional NYC subway system map that extends into NJ/CT/LI is glorious. Taking one, constantly stopping, subway ride from my neck of the woods all the way out to Central Jersey would be the most absurdly useless-but-I-guess-useful thing ever :lol:

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived