2011 Winter Classic Uniforms

CapnSam

Oh boy! The Penguins playing in the Winter Classic again. (Oh brother..... :mad: ).

The NHL should just make the Winter Classic the Penguins vs a different NHL team every year on a rotating basis.

[/sarcasm]

Why is Mario Lemieux so enamored of beige? Whose favorite color is beige? You'd think he'd want the Penguins to look like the Penguins that won two Cups.

Well the Bruins never liked it when the Pens switched to black and yellow because that was their color. I think in a way he might want to keep those colors as homage to our first Stanley Cup victories. The more we push towards baby blue the farther we get from classic black and gold.

IMO, Boston should go back to brown and yellow, and the Pens, black and yellow.

Here, here!!! As a life long Bruins fan I've longed for them to ditch black altogether in favour of brown. Brown and yellow look so good together and brown is 100% unique in the NHL!!! The 2010 winter classic jersey give me hope it might someday happen!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Oh boy! The Penguins playing in the Winter Classic again. (Oh brother..... :mad: ).

The NHL should just make the Winter Classic the Penguins vs a different NHL team every year on a rotating basis.

[/sarcasm]

The NHL is using the one time fans in the States care about the NHL to showcase its two biggest stars. It's the right decision. Deal with it.

Guys, those old Capitals sweaters were god-awful. Cheap flimsy crap. the "capilals" script was terrible then and terrible now. Seeing as how they screwed up by relegating the Weagle to a mere shoulder logo when it's the most ingenious logo a Washington sports team has ever had and then came up with typically ugly patchy Edge uniforms, the Capitals have never had a good uniform ever.

Agree on all counts. The original Caps sweaters were amazingly bad.

Why is Mario Lemieux so enamored of beige? Whose favorite color is beige? You'd think he'd want the Penguins to look like the Penguins that won two Cups.

FWIW, Americans buy much more beige carpet and beige paint than bright yellow-gold. Perhaps he's trying to tap in to the home re-modelers market.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wonder if the new alt (navy blue) will be just the WC or if it will be something else (like a white version, which I predict to sell more jerseys). I've heard many times that Mario is the vegas guy...hence the introduction of it. He saved this thing so many times and owns them, so I guess he can pick the colors. I'd like to see yellow gold return though. I think their current set with yellow gold wouldn't be so bad. Heck, I work with his sister-in-law, maybe I'll just ask her myself some of these questions and see if she has (or will) give me any inside info.

KISSwall09.jpg

[/sarcasm]

The NHL is using the one time fans in the States care about the NHL to showcase its two biggest stars. It's the right decision. Deal with it.

No, I don't think I will. With your attitude, no wonder the NHL is running a marginal 4th place among the major sports.

They're a distant fourth because they market what few stars they have? God damn it. I give up. The game tonight can't start soon enough.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

[/sarcasm]

No, I don't think I will. With your attitude, no wonder the NHL is running a marginal 4th place among the major sports.

I've been very critical of the NHL's boneheaded decisions over the past two decades. There are plenty of reasons why the NHL is a distant fourth, but promoting the two biggest stars they have isn't one of them. If anything it's one of the few things the league has done right recently.

FWIW, Americans buy much more beige carpet and beige paint than bright yellow-gold. Perhaps he's trying to tap in to the home re-modelers market.

Nobody wakes up in the morning and dreams of beige. People buy beige because they're afraid to take a chance with a real colour and they don't know how to decorate. It's boring and safe. That said, what does home decorating have to do with sports uniforms anyways?

Sports uniforms are supposed to be bright and colourful not beige. The word beige itself is used as an adjective to mean unremarkable, lacking distinction, and vanilla. Not exactly what you want in a sports uniform.

It would be sweet to see a futuristic twist to the winter classic look instead of a throwback. The rumors of the navy blue alternate for the Pens is also said to be a love it/hate it style. If that is the case, I would propose a white styled version, while the Caps would break out a navy alternate with the weagle on the chest.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

Nobody wakes up in the morning and dreams of beige. People buy beige because they're afraid to take a chance with a real colour and they don't know how to decorate. It's boring and safe. That said, what does home decorating have to do with sports uniforms anyways?

Sports uniforms are supposed to be bright and colourful not beige. The word beige itself is used as an adjective to mean unremarkable, lacking distinction, and vanilla. Not exactly what you want in a sports uniform.

*sigh*

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No offense to the Penguins or their fans, but it would've been cool to see a new team in the mix.

A game at Yankee Stadium matching up the Montreal Canadiens vs. New York Rangers would've been pretty cool.

I still think the blue Caps jerseys (and their white counterparts) were great, if they could have fixed the issues with the numbers on the back. (The black alts, and doubly-so the dome logo, sucked.)

Please, for all that is good with the world: no star-studded clown suits.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh the original blues with the "CAPITALS" wordmark in the stripe were fantastic. The ONLY time IMO that a wordmark + logo combination looked good (LA Kings for comparison sake were horrible.) The numbers weren't thebest, and I think the capital dome jerseys were terrible (the logo wasn't bad, but all black for the Caps just didn't work for me.)

Still, they like to go "cute" for the winter classic when possible, and the stared jerseys were cute (for lack of a better term). I'm sure that's what we'll be seeing.

Archived