Saints Super Bowl Rings

BRYWHIT

Given the lack of gaudyness and the absence of the words SUPER BOWL, Id agree with the post above mine.

No, what I was saying was that if it is legit, it appears to be done by a local jeweler, similar to what the Colts, Lakers, and Real Salt Lake did for their championship rings. Most NFL championship rings say "WORLD CHAMPIONS" on the front instead of "SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS".

However, I wouldn't rule out it being the actual ring. even though the logo looks more narrow that it is on the helmet.

I'm guessing (and that's all I'm doing) is that they're legitimate. The design falls at least somewhat in line with past ones and other championship ring designs, particularly those by Josten's and DCI. I hope I'm wrong though, as these are, well, understated by Super Bowl ring standards.

nav-logo.png

Apparently the pic is authentic. From today's 'Saints Mailbag' on nola.com:

===

Q: What is the latest news on the New Orleans Saints Super Bowl rings? Who was chosen to design the rings? What can we expect to see on the rings? Around what timeframe are the players getting their rings? Louis Mitchell, Memphis, Tenn.

A: I've seen graphic images of the rings and can tell you they are beautiful. The organization put a lot of thought into their design and I think they managed to perfectly represent the unique story of the 2009 Saints' season. I can't reveal too much because we have a full story on the rings with photos planned for later but here's a few basic nuggets. The centerpiece is a diamond-encrusted Fleur de Lis logo, with "WORLD CHAMPIONS" engraved on the crown. Each side has a different motif. One is dedicated to the Super Bowl victory. This is where each player's name and jersey number is engraved. The other side is dedicated to the city of New Orleans and has engravings of the Superdome skyline and music chords The rings will be awarded at a private ceremony on June 16 at the New Orleans Arena. Now ex-Saints like Scott Fujita and Mike Bell are scheduled to return to town for the ceremony.

===

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm guessing (and that's all I'm doing) is that they're legitimate. The design falls at least somewhat in line with past ones and other championship ring designs, particularly those by Josten's and DCI. I hope I'm wrong though, as these are, well, understated by Super Bowl ring standards.

And that's a bad thing? More often than not the SB rings over the past few seasons have been gaudy and awful. If I were a player I think I'd want a ring I could actually wear.

BB52Big.jpg

If you look at that picture closely you can tell that it is not a full ring. It looks like a ring top is just sitting flat on that person's finger. It doesn't look deep enough to me to be a ring-- the left bottom left corner of the ring is visibly on top of the finger, so it's not wrapping around. It could be a pendant, or a salesman sample of a ring top. It could easily be put together as the whole thing, but who knows? It does seem conservative, which is fine, but it could morph into something completely different by the time the official rings are given out.

• 2 weeks later...

From nfl.com:

===

The yellow-gold ring features a fleur-de-lis -- the symbol of both the team and New Orleans -- made up of several dozen diamonds on top. There are 44 diamonds around the edges to commemorate the 44th Super Bowl, which New Orleans won over Indianapolis in Miami on Feb. 7. And there are also 16 diamonds -- eight on each side of the fleur-de-lis -- to symbolize the number of games the Saints won last season.

On one side of the ring is a carved image of the triple-spired St. Louis Cathedral, the Louisiana Superdome, a scene from the Saints' championship parade and the first few musical notes of "When the Saints Go Marching In."

On the other side is the final score of the title game (Saints 31, Colts 17) along with the date and location of the first Super Bowl in which the now 44-year-old franchise played. On the underside of the ring are inscriptions of team mottos from last season: Be Special; Finish Strong; and Smell Greatness.

===

saints_ring.jpg

(Will add more pics as I find them.)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That is one of the finer looking rings i've seen in a long while.

Agreed. The Saints' simple color scheme helps keep it all pretty low key, though I'm sure the 70-plus diamonds much shine like crazy in the light. But as far as other recent championship rings go, this is at the top of the class.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

That is nice lookin' ring. It is strange to call a giant, diamond-encrusted ring "understated," but it certainly is compared to recent rings (that is a compliment). I like the fact that they bucked the trend of using white gold. The standard gold and black is a nice tip of the hat to the team's colors.

Archived