My IBM Concept

jstraper

Here's a concept I put about 5 minutes into:

ibmnew.jpg

Basically I darkened the blue and, to best describe it, "MegaMan'ed" the whole thing.

Their current one (developed by Paul Rand) is well-known worldwide. To me it looks outdated, so that's the "inspiration" behind refreshing it without losing the brand's importance, though it probably could have been done with a different font while maintaining the alternating-bar effect.

I'm not really sure if it's an improvement or not. But I have always thought IBM needed an update, their logo reminds me of old black and white computers or something. I always thought that if they ever went with a redesign they might do something trendy and maybe use this for inspiration: 211_eye_bee_m_400.jpg

I'm honestly surprised they haven't gone with the 2.0 look, of all the companies not to do so. But a big blue chipper like IBM doesn't have to change anything for anyone, I suppose.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I agree that their current logo looks outdated, but I don't know if this improves it. Nice effort, though.

I prefer Rand's first take on their logo instead of the "eight-bar" version simply because I think it is easier to read and holds up better. Maybe I am in the minority, but I never thought the eight-bar logo was that iconic.

920916.jpg

http://www-03.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/logo/logo_7.html

Archived