Sign in to follow this  
Buffalo

Baby blue and BROWN?!

Chocalate Brown and Columbia Blue is probably my favorite color combination.

Glad to see the OPs gross mistatement of a bad color combo has been shut down.

I agree that blue and brown is a great combo. Take my fantasy EPL team, for instance:

westendafckits.png

:D

A while back, we had a thread that proposed Dark Brown and Light Blue (plus Sand) for the Padres:

SanDiegoPadres_PF2_9999_SOL_SRGB.png

Love the color combo. Always have ever since I saw it in fashion in Milan in 2000.

Padres would be very smart to change out the navy for the espresso brown. Would be a hit.

If you pay attention to the fashion industry (I work at a shoe store, so I have to)...

Brown (being a typically neutral color) goes with most anything except black or navy. That being said, powder and brown is a bang-up combination.

Brown goes perfectly well with navy, in fact, it's the preferred color to wear with navy wool trousers by most fashionable males. A dark, rich, true brown - not a reddish cordovan nor a cognac nor tan. Black is acceptable, though typically is only worn by the older generation and in very formal situations, as brown is never a formal color. I'd get around this by never wearing navy to a formal occasion, but that's me.

This is perfectly true. Wearing the brown brogues with a navy trouser or suit is considered a 'European' fashion (popularized by the Italians), but I'll go even further and say that brown and black go very well together as well, a statement which I also saw supported by a popular men's fashion magazine. The normal line of thinking says that the brown clashes with the black when in fact it is quite a nice complement. Of course, there are some hues of brown and black, and combinations thereof, that clash with each other, but for the most part, it's a good match. Black with navy blue is not my thing in most cases, and is generally considered a 'clash,' but can still be used to create a desirable visual, and as BBTV stated, black is often worn with a navy trouser or suit on this side of the pond.

Puma's Africa Unity jerseys that their African teams wear look pretty cool in my opinion. Supposed to represent the sky and dirt, which is a novel concept for a jersey. Ivory Coast just wore it in their recent game against Paraguay.

unep%20puma%20africa%20unity%20kits.jpg

Puma's Africa Unity jerseys that their African teams wear look pretty cool in my opinion. Supposed to represent the sky and dirt, which is a novel concept for a jersey. Ivory Coast just wore it in their recent game against Paraguay.

unep%20puma%20africa%20unity%20kits.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of the execution, specifically the gradient shirt, but I like the colors, and I'm glad someone is doing something offbeat, yet simple. Generally not a fan of Puma style, either.