Los Angeles Kings

ScotM

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm dedicating this one to number 8, who requested the LA Kings. Here's my first concept:

kings.jpg

Hmm lets see now, as someone else said the crown looks like it was drawn by one person and the lion by another, then...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.allfreelogo.com/images/vector-thumb/lion-illustration-prev12160201053D0giR.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.allfreelogo.com/rf-vector/5743238-lion-illustration-vector.html&usg=__G9jH6aSco1PihUAluu0c50Ur_w0=&h=268&w=300&sz=29&hl=en&start=276&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=yUsfOi7Z7MoVYM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlion%2Blogos%26start%3D260%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1

... look familiar to anyone else?

Hate to say it but I bet with another five minutes on Google images I could find version two as well. :rolleyes:

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

I'm dedicating this one to number 8, who requested the LA Kings. Here's my first concept:

kings.jpg

Hmm lets see now, as someone else said the crown looks like it was drawn by one person and the lion by another, then...

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.allfreelogo.com/images/vector-thumb/lion-illustration-prev12160201053D0giR.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.allfreelogo.com/rf-vector/5743238-lion-illustration-vector.html&usg=__G9jH6aSco1PihUAluu0c50Ur_w0=&h=268&w=300&sz=29&hl=en&start=276&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=yUsfOi7Z7MoVYM:&tbnh=104&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlion%2Blogos%26start%3D260%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1

Hate to say it but I bet with another five minutes on Google images I could find version two as well. :rolleyes:

9erssteve

What's your point caller?

It's a free Logo

Royalty Free Vector. Vector Illustration, Vector Graphics, Vector Image and Vector Icon. Available for Professional Work and Printing.

Let's take a look at Sigma Kappa's Kings brand: LosAngelesKingsSecondaryLogocopy.png

It looks a hell of a lot like Scar from the Lion King. I bet if I looked for 10 minutes I could find that exact picture.

Let's look at the scarecrow dgnmrwrw posted: Logo.png

An almost exact replication of the scarecrow from the Animated Batman series.

And all of these teams we do concepts for. Do any of us own the property rights to their names or identities? Nope. There aren't any new ideas, just old ideas reinvented.

I've yet to make any money off of any of these, but if I ever do I'll be sure to pay tribute to any and all of the logos and brands I've borrowed from just so that you can sleep soundly at night.

It's a free Logo

I think you just answered your own question there.

And while Sigma Kappa and dgnmrwrw may have based their designs on existing characters or whatnot, yours was a piece of generic clipart found on Google in five minutes...

Royalty Free Vector. Vector Illustration, Vector Graphics, Vector Image and Vector Icon. Available for Professional Work and Printing.

...And I'm pretty sure that this is not how it works in the real world. Unless you're designing logos for British hockey teams :P

That being said, I don't think that first lion works as a primary logo anyway. He looks bored, and the logo feels more like something that a charity organisation dedicated to protecting lions in the wild or something would use.

Not sure if it's just me seeing this, but the second lion just looks really fed up. As with the first version, the crown just looks like it's been slapped on, and it doesn't really feel like he's actually wearing it.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

well I thought this was on it's way to being a great concept. I was going to point out the similarity to Sigma's logo when I got home (now) but it's already been done.

I actually pointed out and said that I have seen that logo somewhere (perhaps google), and you just said "Nope" and acted like it was your original work. That is really deceiving dude. I honestly feel pretty betrayed that you lied and tried to cover that up. It would be a different story if you used it, I said I've seen it, and you confessed up but instead you passed it off as your own.

that being said, the new shield one is a lot better (and original) but is too much like sigma kappa's and will never compare to his.

The first one was bland and boring and the crown never fit. The second one is a decrepit lion that looks like it's ready to croak. If you're creating something for an assisted living facility, this lion would work perfectly, but for a sports logo, it's bad.

kings.jpg

9erssteve

It's a free Logo

Let's take a look at Sigma Kappa's Kings brand: LosAngelesKingsSecondaryLogocopy.png

It looks a hell of a lot like Scar from the Lion King. I bet if I looked for 10 minutes I could find that exact picture.

Let's look at the scarecrow dgnmrwrw posted: Logo.png

An almost exact replication of the scarecrow from the Animated Batman series.

And all of these teams we do concepts for. Do any of us own the property rights to their names or identities? Nope. There aren't any new ideas, just old ideas reinvented.

I've yet to make any money off of any of these, but if I ever do I'll be sure to pay tribute to any and all of the logos and brands I've borrowed from just so that you can sleep soundly at night.

My point is, AS OTHERS HAVE NOW POINTED OUT, you took OTHER PEOPLES WORK AND PASSED IT OFF AS YOUR OWN.

Thats plagerism... that's a big word for THEFT by the way!.

Yes by all means go ahead and use stock vectors if you must there is no law against it, BUT DONT PASS THEM OFF AS YOUR OWN! Especially when it's OBVIOUS TO ANYONE with real graphics training THAT YOU DIDN'T EVEN PAY FOR THEM, but simply downloaded the low res versions and auto traced them, if I was feeling generous I might give you the benefit of the doubt and say you traced them badly by yourself... but I know which version of events I'd put my money on!

Oh and DONT expect any respect for it either! It's lazy, pathetic, pretty shameful and It DOES NOT make you a designer. But the funniest part is it will ALWAYS result in poorer results than a custom piece.

Yes others are inspired by designs they see every day, it's part and parcel of the creative process you see how someone more talent does something and try to emulate it, you see a style of illustration in another setting and use it in a new context, BUT YOU DONT RIP SOMETHING IN IT'S ENTIRETY AND SAY IT'S YOUR OWN. There are LAWS against that.

Whether you made any money out of these or not is an irrelevance, it's the fact YOU CLAIMED YOU DREW THEM that is the issue here. You claim there aren't any new ideas... well it appears there CERTAINLY AREN'T in your work, but if you look to other people in here's work there are new ideas everywhere. Sure with regards names we own none of them but that's not the issue is it? And with regards animals etc etc yeah we cant create new creatures but everyone who's ever actually drawn one them self adds something new to the mix, you'd know that if you'd ever tried it, go look for the "exact picture" that Sigma "stole" YOU WONT FIND IT, I can guarantee it. Which is more than can be said for your work ALL OF WHICH has now been found to actually have been produced by SOMEONE ELSE, oh and dont worry about having to pay anyone when you make money from any of this stuff BECAUSE YOU WONT. It took me 5 mins to rumble you, you're not even a very good graphics thief, any prospective client would be able to do the same and trust me they wont part with a penny!

Seriously how jealous of creative people does someone have to be to steal other peoples work and pass it off as their own on an internet forum just so the can feel good about themselves? If you want to be creative LEARN HOW TO DO IT PROPERLY or find another hobby! All you're doing right now is cheating us, cheating the other designers who's work you've stolen but more importantly YOU'RE CHEATING YOURSELF! I pity you I really do.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Archived