wolf concept

Vicious

Hey guys,

I know its been a long time since I have posted, but I've been stalking you all for months. Lol.

In the excitement leading up to the new ncaa football coming out, I wanted to get a logo and team ready for teambuilder. I've chosen to go with the wolves. I started with a sketch, but now I'm a bit stuck. I'm not sure how to fill in the middle of the logo with highlights/lowlights. I know I need to mess with the outlines a bit as far as the wieght, but any cnc is appreciated. Hopefully the gurus on the site can point me in the right direction.

Here is the sketch:

2010-06-05173003.jpg

Here's the reference:

howling%20wolf.GIF

I know its a painting, but id figure it will work.

Thanks,

Vicious

Picture21.png

Well, for one, I think the original artist goofed a little on the proportions, so I'd find a new reference. I think you should thin out the neck a little and lengthen the snout a little. You also must figure out a better way to terminate and resolve the shape at the bottom. Flat is not going to cut it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

thanks andrew, I will redraw it. I agree that flat isn't the answer either. Any more suggestions? Maybe on how I should fill the empty area? Obviously thinning the neck should help.

Picture21.png

I believe the ears should be rounded. For some reason, your drawing makes me think of Count Chocula.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Thaks Cyan, do you have a link? i cant seem to find it.

here is what i have so far:

wolflogo.png

I changed the angle of the wolf, rounded the ears a bit, tried to lengthen the nose, and tried to add some shading effects.

any CnC is welcome. I really want this to be an awesome logo.

Picture21.png

I think the tip of the nose is a little to round. and also the bottom of the jaw should be thinner, right now its the same thickness as the top of the jaw so it It looks bear-like. Also, I think you should terminate about halfway up the neck. there's too much empty space going on below the face in the bottom-left of the image and its making you look away from the face.

See how thin the bottom jaw is compared to the top and also how it terminates just below the face...

5ggk1t3vhjd19mm1hp5xvn05t.gif

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Thicken. Thicken. Thicken. Especially around the eyes and teeth

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I think it's a little TOO thick now

I kind of like the lines thick like they are, especially the lines on the left side of the image. Even though they border on random, the designs there add a dynamism to the logo. The eye is still weird. I think it's an odd rendering of a wolf's eye to begin with and it's closed. Those two factors combined make it weird. I realize you're going for a howl, but the expression on the face (eye + mouth) looks more human than wolf. It's like he's singing a heartfelt song or he just got punched in the gut. Like Andrew said, the original picture wasn't too great to begin with. At the same time, I don't think you should try and make the logo "fiercer." I think that's a cop-out for a lot of sports related designs today. Everything's got to be mean. Just make the face a bit more wolf-like, open the eye, and thicken up the lines on the face.

yeah, ill have to go back and tweak the shapes around a bit. Not sure what to do with the eye. Maybe I should make the wolf snarling instead of howling? I just want the wolf to look like he's howling, not like he's sneezing or in pain or something. That would make the eye easier to work with because idk if id look good open if he's howling.

Picture21.png

Archived