Sign in to follow this  
Vicious

wolf concept

The distance from top of the snout/nose to underchin is too far...shorten that distance up a bit. I'd maybe even extend it all a little further out as well. Right now, it looks more like a bear.

I also think some major work can be done to the neck/back area- looks very wide and stocky, again, like a bear.

ok, here's the first try with the eye. i also adjusted some things to make the neck thinner, and the jaw shorter.

Before:Picture2.png

and after:Picture3.png

Trust me, open the wolf's eye. As of now, it looks like the wolf is having a hard time taking a dump. If you open the eye, and make the whole logo a bit sleeker (smooth the lines and thin up the neck), this concept will be miles better.

howling%20wolf.GIF

Taking a look at this reference picture while considering the eye, I think one thing that's really throwing off your illustration in comparison with this picture is that the wolf's brow goes right across the top of the eye. In your illustration though, the different colored section goes above the eye, instead of coming in contact with the top of it. That disconnect may be contributing to the eye looking off.

thanks chuck and ted.

Chuck, when you say that i should thin the neck out, do you mean that i should bring the front of the neck in, or take the wolf's back (behind the head) down more?

If you're going for intimidating, I'd suggest making the teeth a bit larger and more fang-like. And I agree about the brow line remark. Making the whole thing more angular would help it look more wolfish and less like a siberian husky.

well, i tried to make some adjustments.mostly working on trying to get the open eye to look right. lemme know.

Picture20.png