Help Identifying Sport Logo

DontWannaName

I was wondering if anyone could help me identify a logo. I can only describe it and hope you know what I am talking about. It could be super old and the team may not exist.

It is a bold O with an I in the middle going over the O. Both letters are Orange and the background is navy blue.

Thanks for any help.

I also have another but its not a logo. All I know is that the baseball cap is blue with thin white stripes going upwards on the cap.

Sounds like Phi, the Greek letter.

Greek_uc_phi.png

Where did you see it?

Yes like that. It was on a sweatshirt with a matching hat. The hat had the same symbol on it and was navy. There was a number on the back of the sweatshirt in orange.

If it helps the person who wore it used to live in Ohio and now lives in the Northwest where I believe he bought it at an old sport linen shop, forget the formal name. The shop is long gone though.

Greek_uc_phi.png

Where did you see it?

More like cyrillic (300+ million people write in it) than greek (10 million). And although cyrillic is partly derived from greek, the greek alphabet was itself derived from phoenician.

Na he is a college professor that teaches a sports history class and knows everything there is about sports. He said that no one has ever guessed the team/league before. Any more ideas? :(

Well then get a picture of it so we can see it. Descriptions only give us so many clues.

Greek_uc_phi.png

Where did you see it?

More like cyrillic (300+ million people write in it) than greek (10 million). And although cyrillic is partly derived from greek, the greek alphabet was itself derived from phoenician.

I think it sounds like cyrillic to - the letter F....FC somethign maybe??

I like being full of useless knowledge that is only ever good here or while playing Trivial Pursuit...

Thats not exactly how I remember it but it probably comes a bit bolder and a darker orange. The sweatshirt color is navy instead of maroon. But its better than nothing!

Their team colors dont have navy in them, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oorang_Indians :(

• 2 weeks later...

Archived