Nordiques, Jets, Whalers (even Oilers) uniform concepts

GeorgesL

Jets

+ Cool reverse colour logo on away jersey

+ ^ That makes the away look stunning

- You slapped the actual designs with the one from Jetsowner.com in to a bowl and came out with this

- Not giving credit to the designer of that shoulder logo

Nordiques

+ Colours look great on the away

- Recolours!

- The numbers on the bottom of the front

Oilers

+ It's solid looking

+ Would work in Edge era

+ Looks better then the current home and away

Whalers

+ Looks cool

+ Satisfied with historic based alt.

- Why would the alt. have the regular neck style and the home and away have a neck tie?

- The away looks like the fill tool was your friend

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Jets and Nords, perfect.

Oilers, really not feeling the futuristic robo-oil theme, but it's well done.

Whalers look great, only two suggestions. The first is to lose the tie-down collars on the home and road sweaters. The designs are way to modern for that. Secondly, the home sweater should be blue, not green.

Jets

+ Cool reverse colour logo on away jersey

+ ^ That makes the away look stunning

- You slapped the actual designs with the one from Jetsowner.com in to a bowl and came out with this

- Not giving credit to the designer of that shoulder logo

The designer is getting credit, I promise. I was in such a hurry to post these because it was past bedtime. My apologies.

That is the first time I have seen a color reverse on the Jets logo and I really like it.

It somehow makes the logo look a lot more modern.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I definitely like the Jets concept, it looks like a great blending of the eras for them. The shoulder logo and the reversed colour logos look great.

I'm not feeling the Nordiques jersey at all. It doesn't help that I hate that logo with a passion, and that multi-blue is a tacky fad. If you're going to use it, at least make one of the blues Nordique blue. The front numbers also make the whole concept look like something Gary Bettman crapped out- never a good thing.

The Oilers set looks good- it could use a bit of colour, but in truth I think it represents the team rather well.

The whole Whalers concept just feels like a miss to me. It's almost like the Islanders moved to Connecticut.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Whalers fixed, as per your C+C's.

whalersuniforms-1.png

Love the third, probably because its so close to the original. The Home and Away Uniforms definitly have potential but here are a few things I would fix.

-Lose the Piping: 9 times out 10, vertical piping makes for a poor looking jersey. It makes the logo look trapped and it just simply doesn't belong on a hockey sweater IMO (In Spite of what Reebok thinks).

-Every Whalers jersey in the history of the franchise has had horizontal stripes, why not these?

-Either have a shoulder yoke that goes all the way across or have sleeve stripes. When you have both it looks cluttered (see Florida's current Jerseys)

Besides that, it looks very sharp and I like that you included silver on the numbers.

The Jets and Nords and Whalers jersey looks are great!!! BUT what blew me away was the reverse color on the Jets logo on the away jersey.. whoa!!! Really keen idea on that...

As for the Oilers.. oh come on!!! Bring back the old 1980s jersey look and that Oilers logo... make it similar to the old WHA ALberta Oilers jersey look of 1972-73 somehow....

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Love the third, probably because its so close to the original. The Home and Away Uniforms definitly have potential but here are a few things I would fix.

-Lose the Piping: 9 times out 10, vertical piping makes for a poor looking jersey. It makes the logo look trapped and it just simply doesn't belong on a hockey sweater IMO (In Spite of what Reebok thinks).

-Every Whalers jersey in the history of the franchise has had horizontal stripes, why not these?

-Either have a shoulder yoke that goes all the way across or have sleeve stripes. When you have both it looks cluttered (see Florida's current Jerseys)

Besides that, it looks very sharp and I like that you included silver on the numbers.

I believe the angle that is trying to be dictated is that the Whalers' uniforms should never be changed. But with the RBK Edge movement in full swing, one might have to bend tradition. So according to your C&C, I made a 3rd attempt on the Whalers' concept, but added one feature:

whalersuniforms.png

Definitly an improvement, but the numbers on the home look wigidy-wigidy-wigidy wack. Try a green fill, not grey. As I said for the Nordiques, the recolours are terrible, and try not to use the Nashville numbers.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Archived