Raysox's 32 in 32

raysox

Calender.png

Gentlemen...

Well maybe some ladies...

Since November I decided I wanted to do jerseys for each world cup team, then release one for 32 days. I got to about 24 when I decided I wanted to put them on a better template, since the one i was using looked bad an unprofessional. So for like a week I've been replacing each team, making changes, and collecting vector logos. I made them in a random order, and you can see when each team is coming up above. I used the actual logo probably 2/3rds of the time, but couldn't resist to make my own logo on some bad ones. Some jerseys are more out there and new, some closely resemble the currents(with some changes.)

I start posting the day before the first match, then end up posting #32 on the day of the final. I started with the host South Africa because it was fitting.

I just wanted to get my thread up here and started because theres like 5 threads with the same idea going on now. So feel free to post on here or not, and note i didn't take anyone's ideas from the current jersey redesigns. Thanks goes out to flakebrand, and gordie for providing images of the current kits.

Stay tuned.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is time.

1/32 South Africa

First up is the hosts. Lets start with the logo. I was first gonna use the logo I used for the Draw Brawl a while ago. Ultimately, I decided on the current, which I tried to recreate. You might remember my Drawl Brawl concept jersey. I loved it so much, it started the idea of this project. I used the flag as inspiration, and wanted to tie it in to the jersey. I kept the same colours as the current, with yellow/green, and green/yellow. Adidas striping on it, keeping the brand.

RSA.png

Comments? Next up is Japan. Expect that one during the match tomorrow morning.

The number inside of the circle on the front of the jersey reminds me a lot of the template Nike used a while back, although I can't remember exactly when it was from. Speaking from a purely aesthetic standpoint, I'm not a fan of having the flag in that awful template striping on the front of the jersey. I understand what you're trying to do, but it clutters the jersey up and is visually distracting. Maybe try keeping the flag as part of the collar and make that stripe yellow for the primary shirt and green for the clash?

330zl3b.png

The flag is what caught my attention too. The NHL's RBK Edge jerseys have really increased my dislike for brand template uniforms/kits/jerseys, but you're use of the SA flag in this case takes a bad thing and makes it tolerable. I'm not such a fan of the number in the circle, only because it looks like Nike's template, and mixing two brands is odd. Overall, I like them, and can't wait to see the other 31.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

2/32 Japan

I originally ditched tradition and made a new logo and kit using red and black. Then when I made the concept on the new template, I decided to bring back the current logo, and colours. Normally, japanese kits are pretty wild, with random design. I decided to tone it down and have a simple jersey. I put adidas striping sunning up the side to the armpit. Then a collar effect on the neck.

JPN.png

I might just change it and do some random things on the front, but the people I've shown said this was pretty good anyway.

This is pretty good work. I would make minimal changes, but something I would totally replace is the number and text font. Other than that, very solid uniform.

Well, what I did is I kept the same numbers for each kit brand. I made this for you all. I did make England Umbro, which is connected to nike, so I used the same font. Most teams used these 3, but if they didn't I would change it to one. The only one I can think of is North Korea, which signed with some unknown company after I did their's. I tried to make each font similar to a type the maker has used before. Puma had the rounded ones recently, the adidas were similar to the MLS's, and Nike has a similar font on the USA

numbers.png

Archived