MLS Design Concepts

cyandlux

The Tulsa one is pretty nice, but I think the crossed wrenches and "T" only clutter the crest a bit. This is just my opinion, but I think the crest would look much cleaner without them, as the oil derrick is enough to get the point across. Good stuff though, can't wait to see the kits for Alamo and the Roughnecks!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I am burned out. I started this as an exercise to get my mind off of finding a job. I haven't found a job, but I am pretty uninspired to finish. If you have a concept for any of the ones I didn't finish, feel free to post it here or start your own thread.

First up at the end....Chicago. I know a lot of people aren't in love with the idea of 2 Chicago teams. Whether or not you like it, Don Garber does and has all the power

chfcsting.jpg

Second up at the end here....Detroit FC. Detroit and Orlando are the only hosts of the 94 World Cup not to have a team. This is a shout out to the '55 Chevy and the old Detroit Cougars. The cougar here represents a hood ornament.

detfc.jpg

Not the best, but here it is....Strikers FC. I figure the stadium in Ft. Lauderdale from the Fusion days is fine and it allows them to play in Miami at times as well.

strikers.jpg

And last....Tampa Bay Rowdies. Obviously 100% shouout to the NASL team.

tbfc.jpg

With how some of the teams are coming back with the old nicknames,then Detroit would have to be named the Express... then again I thought the Tarantulas would be cool. The team colors would be Red, Gold and Black (the colors on the Mexican Red Knee Tarantula).

I am feeling very uninspired as I am pretty stuck at phoenix on the list. So here is a super bonus team! By request no less.

m1846.jpg

Pretty good! But I'm wondering if you should name the club after 1848 instead since you have the Wisconsin outline in the crest (which wasn't a state until two years after Milwaukee was around). The German imagery would still fit since the first wave of German immigrants that came to Milwaukee were known as the 48ers.

Wow, very very impressive. Milwaukee, Detroit, Las Vegas, and San Antonio look absolutely gorgeous.

Love the concept with the MLS main logo. Perhaps incorporating some type of blending or -- dare I say -- gradient with a star into a subtle maple leaf would appear smoother. I love the ball in the San Antonio concept, and something like that could easily be a great focal point in a main league logo.

Completely off topic, but I really think Salt Lake would be better off renaming themselves "Royal Salt Lake" versus "Real." It just works better.

I love the coloring and general idea of the Detroit logo. The cougar is great conceptually, fits in with the general theme we have going here in Detroit. But, I agree that it looks sort of out of place on the crest. At least in its current configuration. Maybe just a head?

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

A lot of these are great. Seriously. I love the Tulsa Roughnecks one. It is absolutely perfect. I love everything but the rendering of "1846" in the Milwaukee one. The state could use a bigger outline as well. Oh, and what about Dark Green instead of Black? Just an idea. I like the rendering of the Sting bee, but wish there was a better way to put the team & city name in there. As others have mentioned, I'd drop the Cougar from the Detroit one, and maybe replace that whole empty space with a custom wordmark that looks metallic, like it could be on an old car. I think a lot more could be done with the Strikers identity if you kept the whole script around, not just the "S". I'd build a badge off that and the sunburst. Maybe just the old script(with a regular dotted "i") in Red, outlined in Gold, put over the Gold sunburst which would be bigger than the previous proportions, and the whole thing placed on a simplified Navy shape. Rowdies is great, but maybe the "TBFC" could be Gold.

edit: I know, backseat designer, didn't mean to sound that way, just had some ideas and was trying to help. Great work so far.

Archived