Winter Classic Prediction

hockey week

I'm a newbie here, but I've been putting together concepts for Icethetics and Puckdrawn for a while, saw your forum, and was really impressed at how many good ideas there are around here.

On to business, Mark Madden, a local sports guy, said that the Penguins were going to wear the old gold "Sunday Alternates" that were dropped following Mario Lemieux's first preseason, "Gold helmets and all." While that's an insane amount of gold, and I've never been big on that jersey, it makes sense: They made huge waves with baby blue, which is an unusual color, perhaps they can do it again with gold. Plus, gold used to be fine to use as a home jersey in the NHL, perhaps they can get away with it again so that the Caps can Rock the Red still. As a bonus, it'll also match the seats of Heinz Field, and the old colors sure are missed around here. So after that, my prediction:

winterclassic2011-pensvscapslikely2.jpg

C&C?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I'd love to see the Penguins bring back Pittsburgh gold even if for just one game, but Im not confident Mario will do it. He has distanced the franchise from it, and considering there are still a high percentage of Pens fans that would like to see the team go back to the old shade, I'd be surprised if he opened the door on it, even for one game.

Maybe they'll use those jerseys, but with the current old gold. It'd look atrocious, but hell, they have two jerseys now that use that colour. Frankly, I think it looks like metallic vomit, but that's just me.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived