Challenges And Contests Section

zoneranger

Would you like to see the challenges and contests moved to their own section of the board?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't know about a separate section, but I think a limit on the number of contest challenges would be very nice.

i think there should be some regulation with them. no offence to anyone, but it seems like everyone is coming up with a challenge of some sorts, and it's getting so that you can't tell whats going on

Just leave them in the "Sports Logos" area. They are after all dealing with sports logo's. They really aren't that bother some to you are they? I mean, what's one or two extra threads on the first page.

If it were just one or two, it wouldn't be a big deal. But it seems lately that every a-hole and his dog is putting up a new challenge.

I don't mind the old school challenges, the ICS challenges, Yhollander's was good, the WIN challenges...but there is currently a glut. a HUGE glut. And most of them aren't necessary...or challenging.

Apologies to any a-holes or dogs who have yet to put up a challenge, myself included.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just leave them in the "Sports Logos" area. They are after all dealing with sports logo's. They really aren't that bother some to you are they? I mean, what's one or two extra threads on the first page.

If it were just one or two, it wouldn't be a big deal. But it seems lately that every a-hole and his dog is putting up a new challenge.

I don't mind the old school challenges, the ICS challenges, Yhollander's was good, the WIN challenges...but there is currently a glut. a HUGE glut. And most of them aren't necessary...or challenging.

Apologies to any a-holes or dogs who have yet to put up a challenge, myself included.

Hey no offence taken here--I've only done one--I waited until it slowed down a bit--I have other ideas--some better than the one I posted-so who knows--but I won't be prolific in issuing them...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I think we should get Chris' Approval (or another administrator) on an idea for a new challenge. This would weed out some unnecessary challenges. Also, it seems as though some newer people start a challenge just as an avenue to get a logo done.

My thoughts exactly. Well, substitute "Tom, Dick, and Harry" for "a-holes and dogs", THEN you have my thoughts exactly!

Apologies to any Tom, Dick, or Harry who has yet to put up a challenge, myself not included (my name's Phil).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

All this is the reason I had some trepidation about starting a contest in the first place, which is why I waited until I had a moderately high post count, a pretty solid and creative idea, and I had posted enough of my own work to demonstrate I wasn't just some guy who needed stuff done using unpaid labor.

Unless y'all are talking about me, in which case :P

I think this is like anything else.. you have some morons who are ruining the game for everyone else. The "Lets design me a fantasy logo contest!" type stuff is what we truely don't like.

Shame of it all is, there really isn't anything we can do to STOP morons. A separate board will just mean that views of contests will drop.

I have enjoyed everyone's contests recently, from waffles to payno, to stamp, etc. Yes, we did have a time where 6 of the top 20 posts were contests, but thats kinda where this board has gone... to a logo designer's board, rather than just a board where people LIKE logos. And I think that is great.

I say keep them here. I can manage to ignore contests from schmoes just lookin for free stuff. Can you?

Well, i wouldn't call them morons. A lot of the new contests are from frequent posters, it's just that they seem to get very clustered. And it brings about logo contests for people looking for logos to rip off.

The thing is that there are very creative ideas, so I don't want to see these ideas go to waste.

Well, I don't want to just leave this as a complaint, so here's my solution. 1 contest per week or biweekly. You submit your idea to Chris (or any one Chris leaves in charge of something like this), he picks the contest, and we dub it "Creamer Contest of the Week...Brought to you by shiznit (just as an example)". We could still keep the WIN challenge seperate however as it seems to be our olympics.

I just don't usually enter all the contests that spring up because I've been so busy with my x-over projects. I did contribute to the number of contests, but I:

1) Figured out the contests and see what ideas had been done and which ones hadn't.

2) Came up with a good, original idea for a contest (draw up a fantasy logo and uniform).

I even only post my contest once a month anyway.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

I think a contest a week would be fine. Maybe intro a new contest each monday... then, the design runs two weeks, and voting one. That way, we always have two contests in design, and one in voting. Two in design, because, often, they aren't a sport you like, or a concept you can think of anything for, so you only have to wait a week for a new one.

oh, and Dart, I agree.... (i think, shiznit, he meant 'morons' being the folks who abose the contest, not the regs who happened to all post theirs back-to-back last week. More like the folks who are trying to get a request filled with a contest.)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, I don't want to just leave this as a complaint, so here's my solution. 1 contest per week or biweekly. You submit your idea to Chris (or any one Chris leaves in charge of something like this), he picks the contest, and we dub it "Creamer Contest of the Week...Brought to you by shiznit (just as an example)". We could still keep the WIN challenge seperate however as it seems to be our olympics.

I think this is a terrific idea.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Well, I don't want to just leave this as a complaint, so here's my solution.  1 contest per week or biweekly.  You submit your idea to Chris (or any one Chris leaves in charge of something like this), he picks the contest, and we dub it "Creamer Contest of the Week...Brought to you by shiznit (just as an example)".  We could still keep the WIN challenge seperate however as it seems to be our olympics.

I think this is a terrific idea.

ditto here

Archived