Nfl.com

vicfurth

This is the first time I'm using this smiley, but that Waffles, that helmet makes me :puke:

The current Giants look is pretty crisp IMO. Not one of my favourites, but definitely better than some of you think. I usually dislike grey facemasks (GRRR @ the Colts) but the Giants pull the look off well.

IMO, the worst is the Chargers. Hands down. When the logo is white, and the background is white... it just looks like nothing. Something that takes a SECOND glance to identify is NOT a good logo.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Where I felt they went wrong is by trying to do to much with the Falcon logo.

They have white slashes in the Wing to convey the feathers look. Then they add Red slashes in between to give more "umph" to the bird's look. That?s all great. This is where they should have stopped........

But No......they had to go a step further and add a silly grey border around the bird, which makes the overall bird look smaller on the NFL.com header BTW. They didn?t need that grey border at all........did they need to give the bird an embossed look?

And to top that off, then there's the cheesy eyes and beak they gave the damn bird........

I have said this, plus much much more, all along. The Falcons' logo designer completely missed the mark on a lot of levels. There is a fine line on which the balance between being effectively stylish and realistically accurate rests. This logo falls completely off the map. It's not on the fine line, or either side of the line. It's just WRONG. I won't even go into it again because if I do, I'll be here for hours spewing venom about the complete lack of sense used in the design of their logo.

And I will say what I have said a hundred times: the Houston Texans logo was the last great logo to be debuted in all of sports. Nothing since then has been even halfway decent.

funny you mention los Tejanos...just got a belated birthday present from one of my cousins-an authentic David Carr jersey (mainly, my last name's Carr so we've been thinking about it for a while)

on the original subject, too bad about it, the B is lazy. it was like "hey, let's be innovative and put tiger stripes on a B!" <_< in contrast, the leaping bengal/bengal head logos look like they were worth the cash and are worth keeping for a LONG time. wrong decision but i digress.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Best........Houston hands down. The Texans Bull logo just looks so kick ass up there, especially the way the horns almost seem to form an ellipse. They have simply one of the best logo's in all of professional sports......to go along with one of the worst nicknames in the history of sports. What a combination........

I agree.

Agree, agree.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

And the Falcons logo sucks. The original was classic, had such a great look, and didn't need to be changed.

Good lord. JQK, you and I are made up of completely different materials.

I hated the old Falcons logo. Boring, no color, dull, droopy, flat.... just awful. Embarrassing. The new one is much better, but still not what i'd call great. But absolutely not among the worst in the NFL. Middling.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived