A Nordiques History. (1967-Present)

Vidboy

Hey guys, im back again with a new concept, I decided to do a Time line concept, Doing a history if Quebec was in the Original 6 expansion and still exist today. Enjoy! :)

In 1967, after four attempts, Quebec City finally got an NHL franchise, along with Philadelphia, Los angeles, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Minnesota, and Oakland, but weirdly, in the Western conference. After the failed team of the early NHA years team The Quebec Bulldogs, Quebec city was excited for a new team, but how ill they show them selves on the ice? The jersey was simple, A Fleur-de-lis was on the Jersey with the words "QUEBEC", it was takin' from the old Bulldogs jersey, The jersey was simply, Quebec. But would not last for a while...

1967-1972

quebec.png

quebec2.png

NASLUND.pngLINDEN.pngSMYL.png

It's not bad, I agree and disagree with the above comment. It looks extremely 1920's but it also is very bland and fitting for a team I've found to have bland uniforms. I could picture that on the ice back in the day no problem. I'd love the see the rest.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

With Quebec going to the Stanley Cup Final in 1971, but losing to the Canadiens, there first sweater gave them good luck, But in design wise, It was too outdated, So a new Sports designer was hired and made a brand new jersey to fit quebec, the colors were the same, but the new logo blew the league away, it was famous through out sport.

1973-1980

quebec2c.png

quebec1.png

Hey guys, im back again with a new concept, I decided to do a Time line concept, Doing a history if Quebec was in the Original 6 expansion and still exist today. Enjoy! :)

In 1967, after four attempts, Quebec City finally got an NHL franchise, along with Philadelphia, Los angeles, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Minnesota, and Oakland, but weirdly, in the Western conference. After the failed team of the early NHA years team The Quebec Bulldogs, Quebec city was excited for a new team, but how ill they show them selves on the ice? The jersey was simple, A Fleur-de-lis was on the Jersey with the words "QUEBEC", it was takin' from the old Bulldogs jersey, The jersey was simply, Quebec. But would not last for a while...

The NHL would never have a division with seven teams. So Quebec would have replaced Oakland as the sixth team in the Western Division. Ironically the original WHA Nordiques replaced San Francisco. And your jerseys are too plain. You need a definite logo of some sort. Hey, Bulldogs works for me. Change the shade of Blue so that it doesn't clash with the Leafs and add a second color like Red.

1967-1972

quebec.png

quebec2.png

With Quebec going to the Stanley Cup Final in 1971, but losing to the Canadiens, there first sweater gave them good luck, But in design wise, It was too outdated, So a new Sports designer was hired and made a brand new jersey to fit quebec, the colors were the same, but the new logo blew the league away, it was famous through out sport.

No offence at all, but unless I'm missing something there's nothing in that logo that would "blow the league away", let alone sport. It's a Q with a hockey stick, and it's not even like the colours are brilliant. Also, the colours are Maple Leafs colours, so I doubt that would really work.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

No offence at all, but unless I'm missing something there's nothing in that logo that would "blow the league away", let alone sport. It's a Q with a hockey stick, and it's not even like the colours are brilliant. Also, the colours are Maple Leafs colours, so I doubt that would really work.

I agree with you on the logo, that's nothing to 'wow' over. The colours are fine, yes they resemble the Maple Leafs. It's like calling out the Rangers for using the Canadiens colours.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I agree with you on the logo, that's nothing to 'wow' over. The colours are fine, yes they resemble the Maple Leafs. It's like calling out the Rangers for using the Canadiens colours.

Except the Ranger's jerseys are blue and red is secondary. There's a difference between two teams having a red-white-blue set and two having a white-blue set.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Except the Ranger's jerseys are blue and red is secondary. There's a difference between two teams having a red-white-blue set and two having a white-blue set.

Yeah, it makes sense. Sure, there's a difference, just like the Penguins got away with Carolina Blue, but I imagine that the Nordiques only made it into the league with their color scheme intact because they were already an established WHA franchise. I have serious doubts that the NHL would let another blue-white team in, especially in 1967. (to be honest, I'm surprised they haven't publicly protested Nashville's 3rd because of similarities)

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Yeah, it makes sense. Sure, there's a difference, just like the Penguins got away with Carolina Blue, but I imagine that the Nordiques only made it into the league with their color scheme intact because they were already an established WHA franchise. I have serious doubts that the NHL would let another blue-white team in, especially in 1967. (to be honest, I'm surprised they haven't publicly protested Nashville's 3rd because of similarities)

Okay first of all, the concept is okay... nothing to write home to anyone about. Logo that doesn't "wow"? Can we say, the Columbus Blue Jackets bug logo? Or even the Atlanta Flames "A" crest?

As far as color schemes go, to my knowledge there are not and can not be exclusivity to color schemes, well except for in Al Davis' senile mind. If you want to do some research, I know that would actually take some effort on your part, but you'll realize that in 1979 the year before the 'Diques came into the NHL, that Pittsburgh was wearing dark and light blue, and had actually gone away from the powder blue as it's main color for the jerseys in 76-77. In 1980 the year the 'Diques came into the league, the Penguins had changed to black and gold and that color was being worn by the Boston Bruins and I guess you could say the Vancouver Canucks also. Besides, the Nordiques' blue is not the same blue as what the Penguins wore, it's a darker hue of blue than Pittsburgh.

Okay first of all, the concept is okay... nothing to write home to anyone about. Logo that doesn't "wow"? Can we say, the Columbus Blue Jackets bug logo? Or even the Atlanta Flames "A" crest?

Did Columbus and Atlanta say that their logos would "blow the league away" and be "famous throughout sport"? At least they were well rendered.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

As far as color schemes go, to my knowledge there are not and can not be exclusivity to color schemes, well except for in Al Davis' senile mind. If you want to do some research, I know that would actually take some effort on your part, but you'll realize that in 1979 the year before the 'Diques came into the NHL, that Pittsburgh was wearing dark and light blue, and had actually gone away from the powder blue as it's main color for the jerseys in 76-77. In 1980 the year the 'Diques came into the league, the Penguins had changed to black and gold and that color was being worn by the Boston Bruins and I guess you could say the Vancouver Canucks also. Besides, the Nordiques' blue is not the same blue as what the Penguins wore, it's a darker hue of blue than Pittsburgh.

The Bruins actually issued a protest to the league about the Penguins switching colors (even though they said nothing about the Canucks), and the Pittsburgh organization had to cite the Pittsburgh Pirates 1924-29 franchise's wearing black and gold before the Bruins ever did in order to have the switch allowed.

No, there might not be anything written down about color exclusivity, but it's definitely discussed by the owners when necessary. I know that the Sabres' original colors are trademarked, and that's why they are forced to use darker blues and golds today, and why for the Winter Classic, the ownership said "it's probably the last time we'll wear those white jerseys."

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

BEFORE YOU CRITICIZE: Its supposed to be weird looking.

With the Nordiques going to the Stanley Cup Final in 1975 and 1980 but losing in 6 games, the new owners of the Nordiques thought to themselves, "Theres something in this jersey that makes them play well!" And there was, the "Q" was the Nordiques charm, but the colors didnt make them win a Stanley cup, so they were changed, there were protested for "Misleading Colors", with alot of the respect for the blue "Q" jersey this was called one of the most unfitted color jerseys of all time. Would they last long?

1980-1986

nordique1.png

nordique2.png

So they just randomly switched to purple and green? Why'd they switch? Are those colours significant to Quebec City in some way?

And dear god, take more time to do these concepts... your front hem stripes aren't even the same size as each other, nor do they match up with the back... and where are your sleeve numbers?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived