Bobby Cox On Silver Jackets

NJTank

Off the topic a bit..... Open letter to all sports fans, if your going to purchase a Football, Hockey, Basketball etc..... Jersey to wear, either leave the name blank or put an actual past or present players name on the jersey, don't put your own last name on it, it looks goofy. It gives the appearance like your a 30 year old overweight ex-high school jock who wants to live the fantasy that he actually plays for the Steelers, Raiders, Canadiens etc..... AND DON'T TUCK IN YOUR FOOTBALL OR HOCKEY JERSEY!!! it's a sports jersey not a dress shirt! <_<

what if you can't decide? :hockeysmiley:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Jersey to wear, either leave the name blank or put an actual past or present players name on the jersey, don't put your own last name on it, it looks goofy. It gives the appearance like your a 30 year old overweight ex-high school jock who wants to live the fantasy that he actually plays for the Steelers, Raiders, Canadiens etc..

gdffl86 - I hear what your saying and I know the kind well.

However, I disagree with putting your own name on it. First, It's mine and since I'm paying for it, I earned it, and I want it personalized with my name. Not some overpaid, Ferrari/Porsche driving "punks" name on my jersey. Some of us don't live our dreams thru others. Those of us "down to earth" folks love and support our teams and having our names on the jerseys makes us feel closer to our team(s).

However, I agree with you with a lot of what you said. Too many fans (idiots) don't know where to draw the line. I have my name on my Royals, Astros, Devils & Cowboys Jerseys' (most of them replicas). But I am proud of my small collection and the kids I teach think it's pretty cool my name is on it. IMO :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Well Connie Mack didnt wear a uni, and I never underrstood hwo he got away with it either.

Technically, he didn't get away with it. The rule states that all players/coaches on the field must wear a uniform. So he never went on the field. He just stayed in the dugout and had other coaches make pitching changes.

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

If i was a coach, I wouldn't wear it either.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived