Maryland Gets New License Plates

Moseph

I think I post the same tired old rant in every plate thread, but if I spend 80k+ on a beautiful, classy, shiny-black car, the last thing I want is for some garish, tacky plate on it. How is this effective marketing for the states? Why does anyone feel the need to express themselves via license plate? There should just be one basic plate, for ALL states, with the first two letters being the state abbreviation so you'd know what state the plate you're recording is from (or just keep the same shape and write the state name above or below the numbers.) This way, you could make the plates available in ANY color, so you could have one that compliments your new vehicle, and doesn't clash. It's a license plate. It's identification. It doesn't need to make a statement.

Does this mean you're opposed to California's idea? http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/California-License-Plates-May-Go-Digital-96758099.html

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I think I post the same tired old rant in every plate thread, but if I spend 80k+ on a beautiful, classy, shiny-black car, the last thing I want is for some garish, tacky plate on it. How is this effective marketing for the states? Why does anyone feel the need to express themselves via license plate? There should just be one basic plate, for ALL states, with the first two letters being the state abbreviation so you'd know what state the plate you're recording is from (or just keep the same shape and write the state name above or below the numbers.) This way, you could make the plates available in ANY color, so you could have one that compliments your new vehicle, and doesn't clash. It's a license plate. It's identification. It doesn't need to make a statement.

Does this mean you're opposed to California's idea? http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local-beat/California-License-Plates-May-Go-Digital-96758099.html

If I'm going to start showing commercals on my license plate during red lights, then I better get a cut of the ad revenue. Time Magazine doesn't put ads in their magazines for free why should I have to transmit "CLICK IT OR TICKET" from my car free of charge?

If they go with digital ads on license plates then I would atleast like to pick which companies run on mine. I would prefer mainly Sam Adams, Jack Daniels, Tabasco Sauce, Snap-On, MAC, and local strip clubs.

I do not overly care for that Maryland plate, I think they should have just offered it as a specialty plate. It kind of reminds me of when Virginia ran their Jamestown 1607 - 2007 Promotion. Virginia had it on their basic plates, but it didn't completely take over the original design like the Maryland one has. That being said, Virginia's basic plate has no real design, it says Virginia on top and has a number in the middle.

va2007jamestown.jpg

This is my favorite plate, though it's not the best picture of it either.

licenseplate.jpg

If they go with digital ads on license plates then I would atleast like to pick which companies run on mine. I would prefer mainly Sam Adams, Jack Daniels, Tabasco Sauce, Snap-On, MAC, and local strip clubs.

I can see the ad now....

"Don't drink and drive, but if you're going to drink have a nice Sam Adams Summer Ale"

The more I think about it.... is this any different than all the bumper stickers people already plaster their cars with. Isn't that all free advertisement for whatever point they are trying to get across. Vote Democrat, Vote Republican, Pro-Life, Pro-Choice, Support the Militarty, Anti-Military etc. etc. etc....

I can see the ad now....

"Don't drink and drive, but if you're going to drink have a nice Sam Adams Summer Ale"

The more I think about it.... is this any different than all the bumper stickers people already plaster their cars with.

Yes, with bumper stickers you get to choose what messages to put on your car or even to put any messages on your car at all

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Very true. Try putting this one on a brand new black Mercedes:

nmy2kpl.jpg

:puke:

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived