Halloween in June - O's at Giants

Bill813

That is actually an awesome idea. Not a fan of the orange jerseys, but the idea was great and I definitely like the promotion seeing how rare it is those teams play each other.

It would have looked better if the Giants kept those black alts they had in 2000 and 2001 and the Orioles had a orange alternate...

haha wouldn't that be exactly the same...orange vs. black?

This was ridiculous. It is bad enough that both teams wore alternates, but they were showing the other team what they should look like. Orange for the Orioles and black for the Giants.

Good point... giants aren't really any specific colour, but an oriole really should be orange.

It would have looked better if the Giants kept those black alts they had in 2000 and 2001 and the Orioles had a orange alternate...

The Giants are black with orange, whereas the Orioles are orange with black. It makes much more sense for the Giants to have a black alt and the Orioles to have an orange alt.

It does seem reversed at first glance. Don't mind the idea for one day, though. At least they were using the teams' actual colors.

Great point, especially in these days of wearing green, pink, white-and-red-and-blue hats, etc. that clash with a team's actual color scheme.

I liked the Halloween promo. I'll agree with all who think the Orioles should have an orange alt, though I'm OK with the black jersey. But the Giants had orange jerseys before they had black jerseys (see 1977-79 -- exclusive road jersey), so I'm not as bothered by the orange Giants jersey. And I like the current orange Giants jersey.

It does seem reversed at first glance. Don't mind the idea for one day, though. At least they were using the teams' actual colors.

Great point, especially in these days of wearing green, pink, white-and-red-and-blue hats, etc. that clash with a team's actual color scheme.

I liked the Halloween promo. I'll agree with all who think the Orioles should have an orange alt, though I'm OK with the black jersey. But the Giants had orange jerseys before they had black jerseys (see 1977-79 -- exclusive road jersey), so I'm not as bothered by the orange Giants jersey. And I like the current orange Giants jersey.

No disagreement there. Hopefully we'll get that fixed one of these years.

I suppose this uniform match-up from hell had to happen sooner or later.

The Giants are black with orange, whereas the Orioles are orange with black. It makes much more sense for the Giants to have a black alt and the Orioles to have an orange alt.

I agree, though I still wouldn't want to see an orange vs black game.

Good idea, but I do agree with the sentiments how the colors should be flip-flopped between the teams, granted the respective alts look good when they're not facing each other. Like the idea of the Halloween in June for a promotional night.

(Syracuse-Princeton lacrosse in orange vs. black for next year's Big City Classic. Make. it. happen. :P )

The O's black alts were better when they had a bit of white trim workin' in there.

The ones with white trim weren't bad, but I kinda like the current black Orioles alts without the outlines.

And I guess I should clarify -- the San Francisco Giants had orange jerseys before they had black jerseys. I think the New York Giants wore all black in the earlier half of the 20th century.

The O's black alts were better when they had a bit of white trim workin' in there.

The ones with white trim weren't bad, but I kinda like the current black Orioles alts without the outlines.

And I guess I should clarify -- the San Francisco Giants had orange jerseys before they had black jerseys. I think the New York Giants wore all black in the earlier half of the 20th century.

There are three teams that could pull off an all-black alt San Fransisco, Chicago White Sox, and Pittsburgh. I'd love for one to just go for it - I don't think it'd look nearly as odd as everyone would seem think.

Archived