Golden State Warriors unveil new logo + uniform

north dakota

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they really going to wear the logo on the uniform like that or is that just an example?

That's for reals. :puke:

I was wondering the same thing. I like the idea, but the execution is beyond terrible on thier part.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Already being discussed in the NBA 'Cornucopia' thread.

:vaderandluke:

We've been over this before, everyone.

1. Stop armchair modding.

2. It's okay for an individual unveiling to get its own thread.

-----

Moving on to the new stuff: I can't say there's a single thing I like about it. The previous set wasn't particularly good, either, but this is pretty dire. Hopefully that's not the real thing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I guess their an upgrade from what they had, but barely...

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Already being discussed in the NBA 'Cornucopia' thread.

:vaderandluke:

We've been over this before, everyone.

1. Stop armchair modding.

2. It's okay for an individual unveiling to get its own thread.

Agreed. It's a pain to start at the last page of a 70-something page thread and back track to find the start of the topic you wish to see discussed.

Fantastic a great modern update to a classic look. The Warriors were a team without an identity with that weird logo the last decade. Now they look like the Golden State Warriors again.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The more I look at the original image posted, the more fishy it looks. It looks incredibly sloppy to come from a professional team, and it seems strange to me that an image of the uniform would be unvieled before the actual uniforms were. Folks, I think this is merely a fan's interpretation of what he/she thinks the new uniforms will look like. I'm going to hold my absolute final judgement until I see the real thing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The more I look at the original image posted, the more fishy it looks. It looks incredibly sloppy to come from a professional team, and it seems strange to me that an image of the uniform would be unvieled before the actual uniforms were. Folks, I think this is merely a fan's interpretation of what he/she thinks the new uniforms will look like. I'm going to hold my absolute final judgement until I see the real thing.

I agree. With the shape of the logo, it seems that there'd be way too much of a legibility issue with the positioning of the front number.

VmWIn6B.png

I wish, but this is the board at the warriors press conference

116857130-bdd97f5ce6fe49dc53ebbd7e4413c642.4c1a4d88-scaled.jpg

and this is from the warriors website:

WarriorsLogoEvolution_300.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

This whole identity has become a complete abysmal mess, from the plain-looking Copperplate-adorned primary with the weird outline, to the partial logo where the basketball lines don't even continue in the whole logo (worse than the Clippers' old primary), to the inexplicable "SF" logo with no Oakland logo to match, to the half-hearted attempt at emulating the classic jerseys. Not even bringing back the trolley numbers could redeem this nightmare.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The more I look at the original image posted, the more fishy it looks. It looks incredibly sloppy to come from a professional team, and it seems strange to me that an image of the uniform would be unvieled before the actual uniforms were. Folks, I think this is merely a fan's interpretation of what he/she thinks the new uniforms will look like.

1) It's on the team's website

2) They're not a professional team, they're the Warriors

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived