north dakota

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just throwing some ideas out there...

goldenstateconcept.png

goldenstateconcept3.png

goldenstateconcept2.png

The top one is the winner. THAT is exactly what they should have done.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

goldenstateconcept.png

goldenstateconcept3.png

goldenstateconcept2.png

Actually, replace "Golden State" with "Warriors" (on the white set at least), move down the circle and increase the lettering size (much like option #2) and maybe you have a good compromise. I'll reserve judgement on the "uniform design" until I see the whole thing, cuz as of now it's simply the front area, and maybe the back, that are lacking. The side paneling is inconclusive at this point since there's no real good look at it.

goldenstateconcept.png

goldenstateconcept3.png

goldenstateconcept2.png

Actually, replace "Golden State" with "Warriors" (on the white set at least), move down the circle and increase the lettering size (much like option #2) and maybe you have a good compromise. I'll reserve judgement on the "uniform design" until I see the whole thing, cuz as of now it's simply the front area, and maybe the back, that are lacking. The side paneling is inconclusive at this point since there's no real good look at it.

From what I could make out, it's basically the Pistons template, the double stripes down the side colored gold. That's just an educated guess, but it looks very much like that to me.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Seeing it on an actual jersey actually is warming me up to the concept. It's nice to depart from the cookie cutter templates that left with the Toronto, Vancouver/Memphis, phoenix, and Houston rebrandings.

These qualify as cookie cutter templates?

I may have phrased that wrong, but I'm talking about the departure of these out of the box sets for the cookie cutter designs. They may scream 90s, but at least they didn't follow the standard wordmark, number, done mold.

4erepkchfs6lqmdzrc7hdedph.gif

xhrnt3mjrnrf3qdnewf2vk59x.gif

jc9kv3g20u48ibz2za78gt6bg.gif

xuqo7ze2y2jhedyekjld4ffke.gif

3jtx5bg9np3ftvvnlran88dh7.gif

VmWIn6B.png

I may have phrased that wrong, but I'm talking about the departure of these out of the box sets for the cookie cutter designs. They may scream 90s, but at least they didn't follow the standard wordmark, number, done mold.

remove the gradient and these end up being one of the best jerseys out there. hawks should really think about bringing them back as alt jerseys.

on the topic the concept by Old School Fool is already 10x better than what warriors came up with.

122opcw.jpg

Wow, just seems lazy to use Copperplate. If they were going all caps, at least make it seem like there was some effort put forth and not concocted in five minutes in basic Microsoft Office.

Any of these are an upgrade:

warriorsb.jpg

And the jerseys...looks silly with WARRIORS. More laziness just plopping a logo on the uni (though I like the concept of having empty space for the number).

Seeing it on an actual jersey actually is warming me up to the concept. It's nice to depart from the cookie cutter templates that left with the Toronto, Vancouver/Memphis, phoenix, and Houston rebrandings.

See, I really don't get how the modern Raptors, Grizzlies, Suns, and Hawks uniforms can be qualified as cookie cutter. In any way. Yeah, they all follow the same "wordmark then number" pattern, but that's it, that's the standard layout for a basketball jersey. Claiming those teams have cookie cutter templates is like saying the New Jersey Devils and Toronto Maple Leafs have cookie cutter templates. Sure, they have common elements in the same places (stripes, logos, names/numbers), but the designs are unique to each team.

Those 90s sets were, well, bad. Very bad. Except for the Suns uniforms. I admit, those were pretty cool. There were indeed some progressive 90s designs. Like Utah's mountain look, Orlando's original uniform design, Chicago's red pinstriped black alternate, or those Suns uniforms you posted.

Toronto, Houston, Atlanta, and Vancouver though? Those were really bad. I suppose they had to happen, for the sake of trial and error in the large process of design evolution, but man, they were bad none the less.

Taking the old classic and with a couple touch ups they could've really had something.

I just did a quick 2-minute change to show you that with 2 years of preparation they could've really made a nice uniform.

gsw.png

Hoopskid, this is such a vast improvement over what they've done. Replace the Copperplate with something appropriate and it makes this rebranding much more palatable.

goldenstateconcept.png

goldenstateconcept3.png

goldenstateconcept2.png

I know home uniforms are generally white, but those uniforms seem too white to me, especially the jersey itself. Those uniforms are awful and the real uniforms aren't much better. Just a terrible rebranding in all elements by the Warriors.

I just came.

mav23.gif

I just came.

TMI

Lemme tell you why I lovedded these sets right here...first, it brought a unique color set into the league (until the Pistons decided to rip it), and the tribal imagery/trim was pure genius--perfect tie-in to the pacific northwest. I could have done without the gold outlines on the numbers--and that wordmark wasn't exactly pretty to look at--but aside from that, I loved that set, both home and away. Having said all that, I think I loved their black sets from their last year(s) in Vancouver and first couple years in Memphis even better--for some reason, bouncing emerald green and bright red off black uniforms looked damn attractive to my eyes.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I guess my beef with this identity is what's the point of being called the Warriors if your logo is a bridge? They might as well be the arches or something, idk. This just doesn't scream WARRIORS to me.

Archived