Golden State Warriors unveil new logo + uniform

north dakota

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go ahead and agree with ebod with one caveat -- it might be the laziest redesign in 20 years. The Rockets' pinstripes and the Hawks' full-bird with gradients (which I actually still like) were products of the '90s, but they weren't without effort. Maybe too much effort. OKC is painfully uninspired, but I give them a pass because they were new and faced a quick turnaround. And I like their colors. They have time to get it right.

Golden State had a decent uni history to build on.

But they should have focused on actual design rather than mess with details such as an enlarged bottom circle or slightly off-center wordmarks.

From what I've seen so far, I actually, honestly prefer the old uniform and its unique color scheme (any time white is avoided in the road it's a plus for me). But we'll see.

I'm going to go ahead and agree with ebod with one caveat -- it might be the laziest redesign in 20 years. The Rockets' pinstripes and the Hawks' full-bird with gradients (which I actually still like) were products of the '90s, but they weren't without effort. Maybe too much effort. OKC is painfully uninspired, but I give them a pass because they were new and faced a quick turnaround. And I like their colors. They have time to get it right.

Golden State had a decent uni history to build on.

But they should have focused on actual design rather than mess with details such as an enlarged bottom circle or slightly off-center wordmarks.

From what I've seen so far, I actually, honestly prefer the old uniform and its unique color scheme (any time white is avoided in the road it's a plus for me). But we'll see.

I agree. If you are going to call yourself the "GOLDEN STATE Warriors" then include a reference to the actual state you play in. They did that perfectly in the original unis by putting the state of California on the front. Substituting a bridge for the actual state is just not a smart move IMO. Change your name to the San Francisco or Oakland Warriors. Don't name yourself after the state if you are going to reference something so unique to the city you play in, which BTW the average person outside of the city might not even recognize. Maybe I'm the only person who gets irked by that, but it just bothers me to no end. It would be like calling yourself the Florida Magic and having the Disney Castle in your logo. Doesn't make sense to me.

Possible court setup at the 4:10 mark of video. http://www.warriorsworld.net/warriorsworld-tv-x-damon-bruce-of-knbr/

Wouldn't surprise me, it's just the same look as before with putting the new logo at center court with the full name. Just like the jerseys may possibly be.

It doesn't show very much. It's just a blue & white copy for layout purposes. It does show that they have "Golden State Warriors" across both baselines & this guy at center court (not the 'negative' version). It gives no indication as to the key area design or colors.

ujsignature.png

This is the most pathetic redesign in professional sports of the past 20 years IMO.

? Copperplate? Really? Was Courier just not doing it for ya?

? Why is the circle thicker at the bottom? Depth?? Modern customization??? More like stupidity.

? WARRIORS isn't even centered below the ball

? nice clipart statethere's nothing wrong with doing a modern update of an old logo, but at least make it better.

18 months to come up with a turd. This just plain sucks donkey balls and the designers should be embarrassed.

Wait, you wanted them to re-design the state?

Brilliant.

"the most pathetic redesign in 20 years"? Really? OKcity Thunder, Buffaslug? No, you're going for this. Your credability is wobbling.

Yes, It's my opinion that this is worse than those you listed. The execution is horrible, lack of creativity in both font choice and overall design is

first year design student at best. A least the the Slug was an attempt at actual logo design and created a custom wordmark.

And No, I do not expect anyone to redraw what the shape of California is. You can however do more than double outline it and slap a W on top of it.

Still, there's nothing inherently wrong with Copperplate. It's not right for this identity, but its a good font in the right situation.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Possible court setup at the 4:10 mark of video. http://www.warriorsworld.net/warriorsworld-tv-x-damon-bruce-of-knbr/

Wouldn't surprise me, it's just the same look as before with putting the new logo at center court with the full name. Just like the jerseys may possibly be.

It doesn't show very much. It's just a blue & white copy for layout purposes. It does show that they have "Golden State Warriors" across both baselines & this guy at center court (not the 'negative' version). It gives no indication as to the key area design or colors.

True but I thought they may go with the partial logo at center court, thinking maybe that was the reason for that logo. Not often you even hear of partial logo, usually just secondary logo's.

I think they will stay with there same color scheme as the past, just using the brighter colors. So it will be a lighter blue around the court and edge of the key, with the already athletic gold staying inside the key.

Here's hoping the draft tomorrow will show a slightly different jersey than the image with the logo reveal. Hopefully just warriors above logo on home and golden state above the logo on the road. Also would like to see the logo in only one color on the jersey. Just a blue logo on the white jersey, no yellow fill in. Just yellow logo on the blue road and and only a blue logo on the yellow. road alts.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

A little misinformation campaign courtesy of the NBA thusfar?

These duds are sick.

Just sayin...

NewWarriors3.png

Edit: I don't see the image. Here's the link...and if they are fake, dude went through a lot of trouble to even do the bottom tags on the jersey just right.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/new%20warriors%20jersey%20leak/Jed_York/NewWarriors3.png

A little misinformation campaign courtesy of the NBA thusfar?

These duds are sick.

Just sayin...

NewWarriors3.png

Edit: I don't see the image. Here's the link...and if they are fake, dude went through a lot of trouble to even do the bottom tags on the jersey just right.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/new%20warriors%20jersey%20leak/Jed_York/NewWarriors3.png

Those are fake and were created two years ago on a warriors board after I asked someone to make a jersey using the baybridgeinfo.org logo.

It has tags on it because he photo-shopped a lakers jersey.

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

Quick fix I attempted. Dumped the blue circle for the yellow one, got rid of the off-center circle, replaced Copperplate with a Gotham knockoff, and anticipated the Angelesque name adjustment. I think it looks marginally better.

sfwarriors2copy.png

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Quick fix I attempted. Dumped the blue circle for the yellow one, got rid of the off-center circle, replaced Copperplate with a Gotham knockoff, and anticipated the Angelesque name adjustment. I think it looks marginally better.

sfwarriors2copy.png

That's pretty awesome, though I wonder what it would look like if you replaced San Francisco with Bay Area or Golden State.

bSLCtu2.png

sfwarriors2copy.png

Nice work. I like that. I definitely would wear a t-shirt with that on it.

IF LIFE THROWS YOU A LEMON.............KICK IT'S :censored:ING ASS!

I wonder what it would look like if you replaced San Francisco with Bay Area or Golden State.

Well, "Bay Area" would look stupid, but "Golden State" would look like this:

gswlogo.png

I wonder how they passed on Gotham. The font that in the last two years has been even more ubiquitous than Copperplate! And in as liberal a place as Northern California, how does it not occur to you to use ObamaFont?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

sfwarriors2copy.png

Very nice. It's as good as this identity is going to get.

There's damning praise if ever I've heard it.

Oh, and I agree fully. This whole new identity makes me want to take a nap. Yawn.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Oh, and I agree fully. This whole new identity makes me want to take a nap. Yawn.

I think I finally put my finger on why I'm not a fan of this re-brand. The "City" identity it's based off of is, in my opinion, one of the most overrated identities in sports history.

I think I finally put my finger on why I'm not a fan of this re-brand. The "City" identity it's based off of is, in my opinion, one of the most overrated identities in sports history.

The original "The City" jerseys were nice, but I think it was more a case of that being the first NBA uniform set to really experiment with design. It's a landmark in that sense, which is why it's so overrated.

I wonder, in 25 years will the 90's sublimated designs be held in similar regard? After all, they were new and different at the time.

Archived