north dakota

Golden State Warriors unveil new logo + uniform

Damn...so GS was tellin everyone how the new jerseys would be officially unveiled on draft night. But then they released that page which showed the new logo along with a supposed new jersey last week. Well, the official Warriors webstore at 10pm (actually, like 10:15pm) just went online and they still don't show anything official in the store...just the logo with a "pre-order" thingy. Lame. Where's an actual pic of the new unis? Dammit, I've been a fan of the Warriors and have gone to games since I was a toddler, but I hate the organization as it stands right now. At least a prototype jersey or something. Multi million dollar business still can't do stuff right.

I know

Your order a jersey and all you get for a preview is this:

Home

Road:

the player tee shows what the jersey will prob look like somewhat:

Back Front

Oh dear god...

It's going to look so messed up.

Geez...utter terribleness yet again from this rebranding. Why not have only have GOLDEN STATE across the top on the away uni and WARRIORS across the top on the home uni? And such a horror with the different weight of C-plate for the uni numbers... :wow:

Well, it's official, the lack of trolley numbers makes this rebrand an absolute failure. Seriously, you can't convince me that the old trolley numbers would look uglier or goofier than that awful stretched version of Copperplate. They didn't even use Copperplate Condensed!

Lazy, lazy, lazy.

Taking the old classic and with a couple touch ups they could've really had something.

I just did a quick 2-minute change to show you that with 2 years of preparation they could've really made a nice uniform.

gsw.png

the more i look at it the more i realize golden state really blew it. there logo is way too simple and if there jerseys are going to look like pics posted in this thread then it wont be long before they change things up again.

Well, it's official, the lack of trolley numbers makes this rebrand an absolute failure.

Like I said before, I'm not comfortable about the transportation mixed metaphor, unless trolleys do indeed cross the Bay Bridge. You're being pulled apart by horses if you're trying to pursue a Bay Area identity by emphasizing the Bay Bridge and the old trolleys. I mean, at that point, you might as well go full-tilt and incorporate a homeless IT worker ghost-riding the whip through a gay pride parade.

Like I said before, I'm not comfortable about the transportation mixed metaphor, unless trolleys do indeed cross the Bay Bridge.

I don't see it as a mixed metaphor, I see it as paying tribute to both the modern and old forms of transportation in the Bay Area - the bridge and the trolley - separately. Regardless, the trolley numbers were more interesting than ugly stretched Copperplate numbers.

The trolley numbers are another thing I wish people would quit pretending were any good. Mind you, I think you're right in that they may be better than stretched Copperplate; but that's not saying a lot.

If your going to have an SF as one of the secondary logos then play at the Cow Palace.

Your in Oakland, Embrace O-Town.

Like I said before, I'm not comfortable about the transportation mixed metaphor, unless trolleys do indeed cross the Bay Bridge.

I don't see it as a mixed metaphor, I see it as paying tribute to both the modern and old forms of transportation in the Bay Area - the bridge and the trolley - separately.

Nah, it's too much crap going on. You gotta pick a lane, as far as I'm concerned. Each one is too significant on its own to go together. You can be the team with the bridge or the team with the trolley. You can't be both; it's too muddled and gives the sense of a compromise in a taffy pull of a design process. (Just my analysis, of course; if you retort with "yeah but you can!" then I guess that's that.) Besides, the trolley numbers were terrible anyway.

If your going to have an SF as one of the secondary logos then play at the Cow Palace.

The Cow Palace isn't in San Francisco either, and there's precious little about Oakland worth embracing. San Francisco is an internationally renowned city. Oakland's the place where people said "hella crunk" slightly before Bucfan did.

I don't see it as a mixed metaphor, I see it as paying tribute to both the modern and old forms of transportation in the Bay Area - the bridge and the trolley - separately. Regardless, the trolley numbers were more interesting than ugly stretched Copperplate numbers.

the idea and concept are great but the execution is just so half assed...it's amazing how much better the designers are on this board than the actual pros that put out crap amongst the big 3 leagues.

as far as the back numbers go I'm not sure if the old fashioned sf cable car meshes well with the modernity of the new bay bridge...maybe a bart car would be more appropriate for the city of oakland and the 21st century?

They can always change the name of the team to the San Francisco Warriors of Oakland. :P

I guess the gold circle around the bridge is a subliminal "O" intended or not.

I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I like the away uniform. Or at least the t-shirt version of it.

I agree with the consensus that the home uniform isn't that great, but I think that away uni looks pretty decent.

There's just not a hell of a lot you can do with a basketball jersey. Baseball and hockey are much better canvases. Football and basketball jerseys perform a function.

I don't see it as a mixed metaphor, I see it as paying tribute to both the modern and old forms of transportation in the Bay Area - the bridge and the trolley - separately.

Nah, it's too much crap going on. You gotta pick a lane, as far as I'm concerned. Each one is too significant on its own to go together. You can be the team with the bridge or the team with the trolley. You can't be both; it's too muddled and gives the sense of a compromise in a taffy pull of a design process. (Just my analysis, of course; if you retort with "yeah but you can!" then I guess that's that.) Besides, the trolley numbers were terrible anyway.

The Cow Palace isn't in San Francisco either, and there's precious little about Oakland worth embracing. San Francisco is an internationally renowned city. Oakland's the place where people said "hella crunk" slightly before Bucfan did.

I'm gonna take that as a compliment, thank you very much :P

BTW I can't say I remember ever saying that, but considering how much time I waste here, it really wouldn't shock me.

Well, it's official, the lack of trolley numbers makes this rebrand an absolute failure.

Like I said before, I'm not comfortable about the transportation mixed metaphor, unless trolleys do indeed cross the Bay Bridge. You're being pulled apart by horses if you're trying to pursue a Bay Area identity by emphasizing the Bay Bridge and the old trolleys. I mean, at that point, you might as well go full-tilt and incorporate a homeless IT worker ghost-riding the whip through a gay pride parade.

If I had the power to bestow a PotD ribbon, this woulda been it right here. If you'da mentioned those IT workers goin' dumb-dumb-DUMB-DUMB, that would've sealed it, pimpin'.

gsnew.png

P.A. Announcer at court unvieling: "Yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen. The abundance of 'highlighter yellow' on the court was intended to distract from our terrible uniforms....."

The court is the balls. The absence of the trolley car on the back is great. The trolley car was the one thing on the old unis that was stupid . I give this update an A. The only thing that prevents it from an A+ is not having gold be the color of the home uni and I know about the stupid rule that has the Lakers grandfathered in and IDGAF!