Retro Mlb Logos

paynomind

Well I'm assuming that you guys have day jobs and possibly lives of your own. I also know that vectoring logos can take quite a bit of time, so how do you find all this time to complete all these logos?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I'm assuming that you guys have day jobs and possibly lives of your own. I also know that vectoring logos can take quite a bit of time, so how do you find all this time to complete all these logos?

alot of my work on projects like this happen at my job.....sometimes, there's alot of downtime and i can do work on other stuff.....sometimes, i'm as busy as hell with real work....as far as how long it took, dunno, didn't keep track.

Okay, here's another question. Where do you find the high quality JPEG's or GIF's to trace from?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Good lord, dude... I think we answered this before... we researched the internet, we found sites about baseball, sites with logo'd products.. we tlaked to friends who knew about the game, we looked for old logos, and traced up what we found. Some of the work isn't perfect, but it was fun, and it feels great to contribute something to the baord that people like and enjoy.

If you would like to do something similar, pick somehting that you can't find in vector.. like... NHL Third jerseys... look for JPGS and gifs, and fire up Illustrator, Corel Draw, or Fireworks... and spend your spare time hooking folks up.

People look more kindly upon stern words in discussions threads when you've given them vectors they couldn't get elsewhere.

Plus, it gives you a warm feeling, right in the middle of your chest that radiates outward, and pulls the corners of your mouth up into what we call a smile.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Plus, it gives you a warm feeling, right in the middle of your chest that radiates outward, and pulls the corners of your mouth up into what we call a smile.

It's working! It's working... I feel the pull! I'm smiling! Yay!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Look, I only asked because I know finding high quality JPEG's or GIF's of these old style logos are very hard so I was just curious to know where you specifically found them.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived