My (Personal) Baseball League Redesign

CJworks

Still looking for some comments, but I'll go ahead and post the next team.

#3 Charlotte Aviators

Up Next: #4 Seattle Stars

aviators-1.png

First off, the colors were inspired by the Carolina sports teams, red from the Hurricanes, powder blue from the 'Heels, and dark navy from the Bobcats. I wanted to go with a team name that ties down to the roots of Charlotte; so I chose the name Aviators, inspired by none other than the Wright Brothers. The primary features a red antique biplane flying above' Aviators' in white on a blue shield. I used that same red biplane as a shoulder patch throughtout the uniforms as well. The secondary is a Wright Brother inspiration as well, as it's an aviator pilot with goggles and a red scarf, which is also used as a cap logo for the alternates. The home and road cap logo is a specific font that I feel ties really well into the concept; I wanted to go with a cursive script to represent the flowing fashion that corresponds to the way planes fly, and I also wanted something to create an allusion of the patented scarf that aviator's wear, which is represnted by the two curvy serifs in the script. The cap logo is a white 'C' in the same style.

Home

aviatorhome-1.png

Road

aviatorroad-1.png

Home Alternate

aviatorhomealt-1.png

Road Alternate

aviatorroadalt-1.png

Batting Practice

aviatorbp-1.png

**UPDATED 6/27/10**

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this one, but the 'Aviators' script is pretty hard to read. Kinda looks like Ouialors. The charlotte script is sharp, though

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Amazing primary logo, like stunningly good. A couple design things to it:Where the tip of the S in aviators is, it kinda ends. Thats probably because of mitre limit, which is really annoying, so I would suggest maybe just a hand drawn outline around the S, as theirs a point coming out of the top of the S as well.

The plane is done amazingly though, and I really like the color scheme. Very nice work all around.

Oh, and for the concepts in your newest topic:

Houston Rattlers: Screams "Arizona Diamondbacks" at first glance, but I'm impressed by the design of the uniforms and the logos.

Louisiana Blues: Love the name... and the uniforms, especially the home alternate. The logos look just as nice, too.

Charlotte Aviators: The choice of colors (N.C. State Red, Carolina Blue, and Duke Blue) for this team is awesome. And the biplane logo is awesome as well.

YOZXkBG.png?1

Rattlers: Way too much like the Diamondbacks for my taste. I think a change of color scheme is in order here to reduce the resemblance.

Blues: Now this is awesome, but I think the double-blue color scheme is a little bit played out in sports in general. Maybe you'd be better off picking one of those shades of blue. The scripts and logos are all very nice though.

Aviators: This is your best logo and uniform set so far, but the "Aviators" script is unreadable.

Great job so far! I can't wait to see what Seattle looks like.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I second pretty much everything everyone else has said. The colors are very nice, and the logos are some of your best. Both the plane and the pilot are great renders. The C cap logo is FANTASTIC. Makes a beautiful cap.

But, the "Av" from the Aviators script really needs to be fixed. Every letter after that is perfectly legible, but those simply aren't working. I think it might be a good idea to try a pointed A and V instead of the rounded versions you currently have. I also don't like the light blue road uniform, but that's just personal taste--I've never liked it in any form.

EDIT: I just took a longer look at the primary logo, and it looks like you've still got outline issues happening. Look especially at the top and right side of the "s" and the upper left of the capital "A". Take your time on those outlines, because it's effing up an otherwise gorgeous look, especially when it's translated straight into the uniforms like it is.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

This set looks really nice! One suggestion though - on the primary home and road unis make the inside number outline red to match the Aviators script, and on the road alt make the inside stripe red and outside stripe light blue. Otherwise it looks really good!

And could you put a team in Indianapolis?

Alright, so I tweaked the lettering so much that it wouldn't tamper with the font, hopefully it's better. I changed the road uni to a gray base rather than the Carolina Blue, which ultimately narrowed it down to four caps.

mbannon, I tried to use a red inside outline, but I felt that it just bleeds into the navy, anyway:

nmbrs.png

I'd lose the loop of the v in the font, but I really like this one. I would also wonder how it would look with a capital A instead of the lowercase one. Any chance for a Milwaukee team?

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

This set looks really nice! One suggestion though - on the primary home and road unis make the inside number outline red to match the Aviators script, and on the road alt make the inside stripe red and outside stripe light blue. Otherwise it looks really good!

And could you put a team in Indianapolis?

Seconded. Can't think of a name, but another idea I have is for a team in Orlando called the Majestics (a team in my league :P).

On the concepts, the Rattlers concept is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. I like the Blues' classic look, and the Aviators' logos are very nice. I'll say what the other posters have though in the "Aviators" script being a bit hard to read.

6fQjS3M.png

good work looks great, i would deeply appreciate any help on learning how to make my own logos, jerseys, etc i'm fairly new to this and anything will help

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• 1 month later...

Archived