• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what the discussion just was in the Jazz's front office:

Jerry Sloan: "Hey, who can help us beat the Lakers next year?"

Kevin o' Connell (VP of operations): "Ohh I don't care about that. No sir."

Jerry Sloan: "Are you :censored: serious?"

Kevin O' Donnell: "Absolutely. Who cares about defense?"

Jerry Sloan: "I care about :censored: defense! I've cared about it for 20 years and you've never given me a dang thing, genius!"

Kevin O' Connell: "Now, hold it Jerry. I've got an idea."

Jerry Sloan: "this better be :censored: good."

Kevin O' Connell: "oh it is. It's fantastic. We bypass the whole defense thing we've needed since Pistol Pete and take another Wonder Bread Wonder Boy! We'll pick that 12-year old lookin kid from that one Hoosier school, you know, Gordon Heyward! Send it in, Scott. Heyward it is."

Jerry Sloan: **screams every swear word known to man, in six different languages**

Jazz fans across the state: **scream every swear word known to man, in six different languages**

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Like your core Mormon demographic would tolerate anything besides the Pacers PlanTM. :rolleyes:

Although for all of this talk about the Lakers....do they even consider Utah a rival?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Like your core Mormon demographic would tolerate anything besides the Pacers PlanTM. :rolleyes:

Although for all of this talk about the Lakers....do they even consider Utah a rival?

Come on dude, did you really have to bring Mormonism into this?

I'm not really offended, it's just a pet peeve of mine, seeing as I am a Mormon and NOT white, lol. Anyways, first off, really dug the Pacers reference :D and second I think the Lakers could give a rats rear about us, but mention "Lakers" anywhere across the state here and you've got trouble. It's like Yankees-Red Sox with one side completely unaware of the other side hating them. If that makes sense....

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Does anyone else think Ric Bucher kinda looks like Matt Damon?

If this Draft were a movie do you think Jamie Foxx plays Stu Scott and Forrest Whitaker plays Kevin Seraphin's dad?

Not really on Bucher, however I think that Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver reminds me of Ebenezer T. Squint from "Pinwheel".

EDIT: Why/how did Solomon Alabi (Florida State) drop. He was seen by many as someone who may not get past 20.

Yay more swingmen!

The guy the Hawks picked was traded to the Nets for the guy they picked a couple picks later. The guy coming to the Hawks is apparently the same guy that dunked on LeBron at a summer camp. Other than that, I've no idea who the guy is. I don't even know his name.

These trades (there's another one the Hawks made) helped save some money to go towards re-signing Joe Johnson.

Yay more swingmen!

The guy the Hawks picked was traded to the Nets for the guy they picked a couple picks later. The guy coming to the Hawks is apparently the same guy that dunked on LeBron at a summer camp. Other than that, I've no idea who the guy is. I don't even know his name.

These trades (there's another one the Hawks made) helped save some money to go towards re-signing Joe Johnson.

That's basically what tonight was for the Hawks: Saving money to help their chances at re-signing Joe. Hell, they could've picked Crawford at 24 and been done with it, but Crawford would actually come cheaper at 27, so they save money there. Then they sell the 31st pick to OKC for cash, and draft another European project so that they can send him back to Europe until he's NBA ready, & unless he's really good they're gonna sell him off as well.

So yeah, I'm happy that we got Crawford...but really concerned that we basically spent draft night preparing to pay Joe Johnson. I mean, I'm not opposed to him coming back, but it would've been nice to have picked up a SORELY NEEDED post player in this draft. I guess they'll do it with whatever money they may have left once/if they re-sign Joe.

So at the end of the night, the Jazz's biggest need is a big man (CENTER or PF) and we get......two small forwards who weigh probably 45 pounds combined. I'll always be a loyal Jazz fan, but c'mon. Really?

We might as well have drafted Muggsy Bogues and Kevin McCallister, it wouldve made just as much sense.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Yay more swingmen!

Jordan Crawford (the guy Atlanta drafted) is a very good scorer with excellent range. He play above average defense, and loves to have the basketball in his hands, but he will find ways to score. I don't know if it's on YouTube, but his game against Kansas State in the tournament was amazing.

Knicks & Jazz are the losers of the draft, while the Wizards, Warriors, Nets, thunder struck a goldmine last night.

The Nuggets are the real losers.

At least Utah and New York drafted people. It's really frustrating to watch the Nuggets act with complete disregard for the NBA draft year after year.

IUe6Hvh.png

Knicks & Jazz are the losers of the draft, while the Wizards, Warriors, Nets, thunder struck a goldmine last night.

At least Utah and New York drafted people. It's really frustrating to watch the Nuggets act with complete disregard for the NBA draft year after year.

You've got a point, but drafting not just one, mind you, but TWO players that play a position you're already loaded at while adressing no major needs whatsoever is just as beneficial as drafting no one. I'm ashamed to say it, but the Jazz really tanked it at the draft. The worst draft we've had in many years, and that's saying alot considering we routinely do something like this every year.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Not that the Nuggets have been any good at the Draft to begin with....

And don't kid yourself. Denver lucked out by getting Carmelo in '03, only because Joe Dumars got high and took Darko.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived