Cowboys to possibly tweak uniforms

slats7

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of said "green problem?" I don't really watch football regularly (or to be more accurate, since I don't have a favorite team, I don't really watch/focus on any single team week after week) so I can't remember noticing the pants problem before.

Ginormus pic here:

billgerber4u_16845_9524.jpg

There are probably plenty of others out there that show it even more clearly.

This claim by the Cowboys that this "green pants" problem is just now becoming an issue is a bit of a stretch. The Cowboys have deliberately been designating a specific Pantone Metallic color labeled "Silver-Green" in their style guide since at least 1991.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The green was not their only issue...they use a different shade of blue on each part of their uniform too. Losing the green will lose a little ugliness but they'll still have very inconsistent uniforms if that's the only change.

87Redskins.png

Anyone happen to have a screenshot of said "green problem?" I don't really watch football regularly (or to be more accurate, since I don't have a favorite team, I don't really watch/focus on any single team week after week) so I can't remember noticing the pants problem before.

vlcsnap328179.jpg

360pxkeithbrooking.jpg

As a diehard Boys fan, I implore them to resurrect the metallic blue pants of the mid-1970s, when the uni numbers also seemed to match the navy blue on the helmet.

1977cowboysdorsett.jpg

This is probably the best visual proof of the "silver-green problem":

r.jpg

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This image illustrates that the issues with the pants have been happening for decades.

roger-staubach-danny-white.jpg

This is where lighting can play tricks on you. The pic on the right was taken in 1980 vs. Oakland. The pants that year were almost blue as the Oilers.

95735319.jpg

I find it odd that the original quoted blog referred to them as the "most classic uniforms in all of sports," considering all of the constant tweaks, changes, and color variations shown in these pics.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been analyzing the new Pantone Premium Metallics (were you all aware that there are new metallics?), and there's one that could be a nice new match for a Metallic Silver Blue:

PMS_10250_C_SRGB.png

All of these new Premium Metallics (there are 300 new colors) combine Pantone Silver with various Pantone Goe colors. Granted, I need to see what this color looks like when printed (currently, I only have RGB information; no formula ink mixes yet), but I believe this one has promise. Keep in mind that the actual color will be quite a bit lighter, but this one could be a nice fit with the current Navy:

PMS_289_C_SRGB.pngPMS_10250_C_SRGB.png

I'm just going to throw this suggestion out there (even though I totally don't believe in this type of thing, though it somehow seems to work) but I think if the Cowboys want a nice change that might kick start their winning ways then maybe they should make a uniform change. My suggestion would go with something a bit old school in either design or color. The reason why I say this is two fold: #1...because their current look is obviously a mess of mismatching blues...and #2 because it seems as if many of the previous teams who have made uniform changes have in the following years won or have gone to a Super Bowl (The Pats, Giants, Cardinals, Seahawks, Buccaneers, etc.)

Just a thought :)

I'm just going to throw this suggestion out there (even though I totally don't believe in this type of thing, though it somehow seems to work) but I think if the Cowboys want a nice change that might kick start their winning ways then maybe they should make a uniform change. My suggestion would go with something a bit old school in either design or color. The reason why I say this is two fold: #1...because their current look is obviously a mess of mismatching blues...and #2 because it seems as if many of the previous teams who have made uniform changes have in the following years won or have gone to a Super Bowl (The Pats, Giants, Cardinals, Seahawks, Buccaneers, etc.)

Just a thought :)

Then I am firmly, unalterably, permanently opposed to any Cowboys uniform change whatsoever. They are perfect as they are.

Packers-2.png

Archived