Wizards Concept

jussten

Hey, first time posting one of my concepts here. Figured the Wizards should re-vamp their look for the John Wall Era, assuming he gets drafted there in about an hour. Have worked on a couple primary logos but nothing I like yet.

WIZ_CONCEPT.jpg

I gotta disagree. It seems to be too busy for me. You have the stripes on the front... the original charlotte bobcats style side panels... but then you got the stars going the shorts... it just seems busy.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Love the color scheme here.

Possible Improvements:

- On the shorts I think if you eliminate the line thats further up the shorts, that would look good.

- If you do that to the shorts, then mimmick that on the jersey (just in reverse).

- Not crazy about the Crillee font, is there anything else you were considering?

Hey, first time posting one of my concepts here. Figured the Wizards should re-vamp their look for the John Wall Era, assuming he gets drafted there in about an hour. Have worked on a couple primary logos but nothing I like yet.

WIZ_CONCEPT.jpg

Not bad, but I would keep their current colors and have a black alternate. In other words, replace the darg blue with black.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

I like the take on the District's promotional logo with the star in between the D and the C.

Not feeling the subliminal stripes though, or the striped panels, too Cavalier-esque for DC.

Seems to me like an homage to the old Washington Bullets striped jerseys.

I gotta disagree. It seems to be too busy for me. You have the stripes on the front... the original charlotte bobcats style side panels... but then you got the stars going the shorts... it just seems busy.

I figured some would think it was a bit busy, the side panels are in no way supposed to be reminiscent of Cha, but I somewhat see the similarities. The Idea was Blocks, as a play on Wall's last name. the stripes are very light color changes which I dont think distract too much from the overall jersey and kind of pay tribute to the awesome Bullets jerseys without ripping em off completely.. Thanks for the input though I'll see if I can find some middle ground in the next version.

Not bad, but I would keep their current colors and have a black alternate. In other words, replace the darg blue with black.

I just think Black is overused as a third color. I did play with it a bit and think this works better.

- Not crazy about the Crillee font, is there anything else you were considering?

It's not crillee but it I know what your saying, Yeah I am still playing with the fonts. especially on the numbers.

I figured some would think it was a bit busy, the side panels are in no way supposed to be reminiscent of Cha, but I somewhat see the similarities. The Idea was Blocks, as a play on Wall's last name. the stripes are very light color changes which I dont think distract too much from the overall jersey and kind of pay tribute to the awesome Bullets jerseys without ripping em off completely.. Thanks for the input though I'll see if I can find some middle ground in the next version.

I really dig the subliminal stripes. I think it looks great. But when you couple that with the stars, the block stripe with the panel, AND then add another stripe outside of that... it just seems like... whoa.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I really dig the subliminal stripes. I think it looks great. But when you couple that with the stars, the block stripe with the panel, AND then add another stripe outside of that... it just seems like... whoa.

Yeah I can see you perspective. If you can believe it this is more mild than the original one I created. the blocks had an outline and the inside stipes were a little thicker. I think we have different taste but I will see what I can do to tame it a bit.

im not big on the font choice. and you obviously still need a primary logo yet but i really like the subliminal horisontal stripes. it reminds me of the old bullets jerseys with the red stripes, but is less extreme than those because the stripes dont jump out at you like those old ones. brings together the wizards and bullets identities in a nice way in my opinion

Love it, definitely better than what they got now. I think some things need to be eliminated/simplified, and the number font changed, but besides that, its a great concept.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

1.) I LOVE the 'bullets' tribute of stripes... It's not over done and not a rip off.. It's a great 'update'

2.) I don't like the numbers on the shorts... But to each there own. I think this concept could look better without the number on the shorts.

3.) I agree with it being too busy. I think the vertical stripes need to go.. or at least one of them. The concept is amazing, however, like previously stated it does have too much goin' on.

Anyways, i'm very impressed.. I'd like to see a beige alternative. And please don't make it look like a durecell battery like the 06-08 alternative!

Overall, I like it. The sublimated stripes are great.

I agree with others than the side panel treatment is a little busy - especially in combination with the horizontal sublimated stripes. For one, I personally find the double-vertical border stripe to be unnecessary, since you already have a border based on the outline of the blocks. Also, the bottom horizontal stripe doesn't line up or mesh well with the block elements in the side panels.

Perhaps you could change the width of the blocks to match the width of the horizontal stripes. So, you'd be repeating that element down the side of the jersey.

As for the shorts: I like the three star element, since it repeats the three star motif in the DC flag. I'd say keep them the same size, but that's just me.

Overall, good work. I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

Really like the color choice; vegas gold with two shades of blue looks very crisp. You need to get rid of the Bobcat-esque side panelling though, maybe go with a solid stripe with two separated outlines, kinda like the Cavs. I know you don't have a primary yet, but IMO none of the logos are really great. I'd like to see add some elements of D.C., something along the lines of the Capitol building.

Overall, decent start.

Archived