2010 NBA Offseason

Titanium Eagle

I've seriously never even heard of Wesley Matthews and I watch the NBA constantly.

You will soon!!! Go 'zers!

'zers? Do people in Portland actually call them that?

In DC people used to call the Wizards the 'Zards, from around 2002-2004 or so, it just kind of fizzed out for some reason.

These shortenings are way out of hand. I remember being instantly annoyed, the first time I heard someone say "Yotes". Once in a while, radio guys here will say "Stones" or "'Stons", for the Pistons. I'm thinking there should be a minimum of three syllables, before we shorten names--compound words like Blackhawks being an exception. 'Zers is unacceptable on a couple levels, though. It doesn't really form any kind of recognizable word, and Blazers is already a natural shortening. How far do they need to go?

Yeah, those shortenings are horrible. I blame it on the generation who shortened "parents" to "'rents". That gets on my nerves too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"[quoted material omitted]"

I honestly can?t wait to hear people critique new the Jazz uniforms, and see they everyone likes or dislikes about them. Even though it could be argued that I?m a bit biased, they?ve easily popped into my top 5 favorite uniforms sets in the league; but I?ve also had the pleasure of sitting on them since the beginning of June. For most Jazz fans (if not all), I think it?ll be an instant hit, the best uniforms they?ve ever worn in franchise history!

I'm assuming (based on some photos) that these new Jazz jerseys will be incorporating the new technology that the USA team is using?

You are correct my son! :D

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

What else is the guy supposed to be other than confident when Paul is basically required to be on this team for the next 2 years? It's not like he can leave if he chose to.

hollywoodp.jpg

Cavaliers trade Delonte West and Sebastian Telfair to the Timberwolves for Ryan Hollins and Ramon Sessions.

Plenty of interesting points to make for this trade.

-Telfair returns to Minnesota (after leaving for LAC in trade for Quentin Richardson.)(Although chances are he'll be shopped or released since Minny has an over-abundance of guards. Same goes for Delonte.)

-Sessions reunites with former teammate in Mo Williams (after Mo was dealt to Cleveland in three team trade in 2008.)

-Hollins and Sessions will both be wearing different number than last season. Hollins wore #1, which is taken by Daniel Gibson. Sessions wore #7 which is retired for Bingo Smith.

I see Sessions wearing #11 now that Ilgauskas is gone. He wore #11 at Nevada.

Hollins, I have no idea what number he'll wear. His College number 15 is occupied by Jamario Moon...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Wesley (Was Once a Bargain, Now Overpaid) Matthews

wesley-matthews-blazers-072110jpg-882f9e27ed173691_large.jpg

Sometimes, I wonder if Paul Allen and Co. are secretly trying to get the Jazz to go bankrupt and move to Seattle. I guess those Blazers are pretty lonely up there in the Northwest since 2008, huh?

Last year, it was Paul Millsap; this year, Wes Matthews. At least this time Utah didn't use up more salary that could be spent somewhere else and at some other time. Still, I'm gonna miss Matthews.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Sometimes, I wonder if Paul Allen and Co. are secretly trying to get the Jazz to go bankrupt and move to Seattle. I guess those Blazers are pretty lonely up there in the Northwest since 2008, huh?

Last year, it was Paul Millsap; this year, Wes Matthews. At least this time Utah didn't use up more salary that could be spent somewhere else and at some other time. Still, I'm gonna miss Matthews.

Well at least this time that move came back and bit them in the arse! 9.2 mil for his first year as a Blazer! thicon_lol.gif

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Cavaliers trade Delonte West and Sebastian Telfair to the Timberwolves for Ryan Hollins and Ramon Sessions.

Plenty of interesting points to make for this trade.

-Telfair returns to Minnesota (after leaving for LAC in trade for Quentin Richardson.)(Although chances are he'll be shopped or released since Minny has an over-abundance of guards. Same goes for Delonte.)

-Sessions reunites with former teammate in Mo Williams (after Mo was dealt to Cleveland in three team trade in 2008.)

-Hollins and Sessions will both be wearing different number than last season. Hollins wore #1, which is taken by Daniel Gibson. Sessions wore #7 which is retired for Bingo Smith.

I see Sessions wearing #11 now that Ilgauskas is gone. He wore #11 at Nevada.

Hollins, I have no idea what number he'll wear. His College number 15 is occupied by Jamario Moon...

I'm pretty sure the organization won't allow him to wear 11... because it is Z.

As for basketball wise. I am hoping that Hollins can start at Center so Varejao can come off the bench, where he is actually effective. Varejao starting gives him too many minutes, and his high energy is less of an impact.

Sessions is interesting. He played well with Mo... but it leaves the Cavs in the same position they were 2 years ago... 2 talented, combo, under-sized guards with he and mo williams. I think they will try and deal Mo out west for draft picks or potentially prospects either by the trade deadline, or next summer.

We will see. I don't really like the idea of being a 7 or 8 seed, and being outside of the lottery... its the absolute worst spot in basketball... that 40 win range. The Cavs will be young and fun to watch this year, but they don't have a go to player, or a closer... which is why I would rather see them trade for lottery picks, if possible.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Hah, I've heard that one alot as a fellow fan. And though I don't usually give into theories, it's been strange to see this happen again. I mean, Wes is a good player. But 9.2 million-in-his-first-year-good? No. I wanted Wes to stay, but it was necessary financially not to match the offer.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I've seriously never even heard of Wesley Matthews and I watch the NBA constantly.

You will soon!!! Go 'zers!

'zers? Do people in Portland actually call them that?

Some people do. A lot of people hate it, but I think its kinda funny that people hate it so I continue to use it. Go 'zers has a nice ring to it I think.

Well at least this time that move came back and bit them in the arse! 9.2 mil for his first year as a Blazer! thicon_lol.gif

Eh, not my money, not my problem. Thats what I say. I'm assuming that if we offered much less then the Jazz woulda matched, so we had to pay him this much. And we are already over the cap regardless, so it isn't going to hurt us to pay Matthews more.

I'm looking forward to seeing Wesley running up and down the floor for 82 games, I think he's a great pick-up for us.

What else is the guy supposed to be other than confident when Paul is basically required to be on this team for the next 2 years? It's not like he can leave if he chose to.

Fix your sig's grammar.

I would if I had made it. You get the picture, though.

hollywoodp.jpg

Matt Barnes looks stoked to be Kobe's new BFF

ept_sports_nba_experts-878929513-1280333397.jpg?ymVpehDD7jHMNBIc

#9 ..... Was that how many weeks 'Billy Jean' topped the charts?

I laughed.

Anyway... I'm sure people are sick of LeBum, but here is another interesting article: http://www.cavfanatic.com/go/thread/view/3816/25494133/ESPN_covers_up_story_to_protect_Lebron_James

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I laughed.

Anyway... I'm sure people are sick of LeBum, but here is another interesting article: http://www.cavfanati...ct_Lebron_James

Can you just take your own life already? Seriously man, just end it. Just have your friend or neighbor post the obit as proof, and I'll even make a little memorial patch and put it in my sig for an hour.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived