2010 NBA Offseason

Titanium Eagle

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chi_g_boozer2x_600.jpg

He looks so thrilled to be out of Salt Lake City..... :(

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Yeah, he's overjoyed that he'll get waxed in the second round every year instead of the first.

Gar Forman looks like his face is melting and Thibodeau looks like a gay priest on trial. What an odd picture.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

bulls wouldnt have gotten korver and or redick had james chosen then....still a better fit for lebron if he cared about winning ON HIS OWN TERMS AND SOLIDIFYING HIS LEGACY.

Going to Miami isn't about winning? maybe LeBron doesn't care about his legacy as much as others seem to think, maybe all he cares about is winning championship.

Yeah, he's overjoyed that he'll get waxed in the second round every year instead of the first.

Gar Forman looks like his face is melting and Thibodeau looks like a gay priest on trial. What an odd picture.

Haha, very funny. Especially considering he's been past the second round with the Jazz.

And you're right, your descriptions of both those guys are spot on, I'm not even kidding. It is an odd picture :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Strange to see so many players now chosing single-digit numbers.

When I was younger, everyone wanted to be 21 or 23, 32 or 33, 42 or 50 ... but now LeBron, Wall, Bosh, D-Will, Roy, Wade, Amare, Arenas, Bogut, Boozer have all gone for single digits. That's a fair chunk of last years top players.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

When I was younger, everyone wanted to be 21 or 23, 32 or 33, 42 or 50 ... but now LeBron, Wall, Bosh, D-Will, Roy, Wade, Amare, Arenas, Bogut, Boozer have all gone for single digits. That's a fair chunk of last years top players.

This has been the case for a while now, and not just in basketball. I first noticed this when Chris Webber became a star wearing #4, and other good (big) players started wearing single digits (typically, the small star players wore single digits while the bigger ones wore 3X, 4X, 5X.) In baseball, Pat Burrell was supposed to be a superstar when he was drafted, and made his debut wearing #33. He then changed to #5, which was the first that I noticed this in baseball. Now, you have (among many others) Pujols in 5 and Ryan Howard in 6. Even in NFL - QBs used to all want 7 or 12. It was really rare (and usually a third stringer) to see a qb in 3, 4, 5, etc. Steve Walsh was one of the first starters I remember wearing these numbers. Now it's so common you don't even notice.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

This has been the case for a while now, and not just in basketball. I first noticed this when Chris Webber became a star wearing #4, and other good (big) players started wearing single digits (typically, the small star players wore single digits while the bigger ones wore 3X, 4X, 5X.) In baseball, Pat Burrell was supposed to be a superstar when he was drafted, and made his debut wearing #33. He then changed to #5, which was the first that I noticed this in baseball. Now, you have (among many others) Pujols in 5 and Ryan Howard in 6. Even in NFL - QBs used to all want 7 or 12. It was really rare (and usually a third stringer) to see a qb in 3, 4, 5, etc. Steve Walsh was one of the first starters I remember wearing these numbers. Now it's so common you don't even notice.

In high school and college football, the single digits are the hot numbers - a lot of the top players make deals when they are recruited to wear one of them.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Also, I really hope the Heat change jerseys after this upcoming year. I hate their number font, it just really bugs me.

I agree with you on the number font. I actually liked their use of the Lakers font on their first jerseys, but that wouldn't work with these either. Other than the numbers though, I think their current set is among the top in the league, along with their court design.

I loved the original Heat unis. They could have been evened out with matching striping going down both sides, but they were great as is. The current uniforms are horrible and desperately in need of changing. The supposed greatest team of all time shouldn't look like they are wearing FUBU or And1 fashion jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

In line with the discussion about the Heat uniform, the thing that bothered me the most is that sometimes, players with double-digit numbers have this problem, as shown by Jason Williams's jersey:

jason-williams.jpg

The flame on the tip of the "T" makes the alignment of the wordmark and numbers look akward (I can't really explain it, it just look like there's too much space, or that the numbers should be pushed to the player's right a little more), and the whole thing looks really odd. I'm not sure if it'd be any better to put the numbers in the center of the uniform, but I will say that in my opinion, thier best uniforms were thier inagurals. Red, Orange, and Black are a color scheme that isn't used often enough. That looked really good. Then again, the 90's were my childhood so it could just be my sentimentality towards every 90's look, but I think it can be safe to say that the look of the Heat was pretty sharp back then.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

In line with the discussion about the Heat uniform, the thing that bothered me the most is that sometimes, players with double-digit numbers have this problem, as shown by Jason Williams's jersey:

jason-williams.jpg

The flame on the tip of the "T" makes the alignment of the wordmark and numbers look akward (I can't really explain it, it just look like there's too much space, or that the numbers should be pushed to the player's right a little more), and the whole thing looks really odd. I'm not sure if it'd be any better to put the numbers in the center of the uniform, but I will say that in my opinion, thier best uniforms were thier inagurals. Red, Orange, and Black are a color scheme that isn't used often enough. That looked really good. Then again, the 90's were my childhood so it could just be my sentimentality towards every 90's look, but I think it can be safe to say that the look of the Heat was pretty sharp back then.

Here's a bit of trivia. Did you know that the Miami Heat are one of two teams to ever win the NBA Championship while wearing a uniform that didn't place the jersey number in the middle of the jersey below the team name? The other being the '77 Trail Blazers.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

jason-williams.jpg

Here's a bit of trivia. Did you know that the Miami Heat are one of two teams to ever win the NBA Championship while wearing a uniform that didn't place the jersey number in the middle of the jersey below the team name? The other being the '77 Trail Blazers.

Dang, I never realized that until now. Holy cow, nice fact there! Learn something new everyday! :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I don't mean to keep changing the subject, but it looks like another move is happening:

Welcome to Utah, Al Jefferson!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5376884

That makes me one happy Jazz fan :D

To keep in line with the other posts of the topic, i'll be on the look out for pictures at the introduction.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I don't mean to keep changing the subject, but it looks like another move is happening:

To keep in line with the other posts of the topic, i'll be on the look out for pictures at the introduction.

No you don't have to anymore! :D

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=73358&st=900 Everything you've ever wanted to say, read, and discuss.

No you don't have to anymore! :D

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=73358&st=900 Everything you've ever wanted to say, read, and discuss.

I'll move this story over :D

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Archived