NCAA Football Concepts

bigmike

Giving this a bump, I updated Penn State to MJ's suggestion, would love to hear some more comments, I'm going to try and get 2 or 3 teams done this weekend because I'll be gone next week. Also, I'm working on Arkansas, and I'm not sure what I wanna do, I did one recently that I'm happy with, but I don't know if I want to build on it, or try something different, the new version I was working on is very similar to Oregon State, so I may scrap it because I don't want to post two concepts that look almost identical (although I may use the same template more then once).

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really interested to see what you do for Oregon. I don't know what you can do for the team that's done pretty much everything that can be done uniform-wise.

I'd also love to see you take on some non-top 25 teams after you're done with the top 25.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Haha yeah Oregon will be fun to do, and I will probably do some non-top 25 teams when I'm done. But for now moving on to the next one.

#18 Arkansas Razorbacks

Arkansas got some new uniforms this year. I don't like them that much, Nike could have done alot better. I have done Arkansas about 3 times before, the first 2 were Denver Bronco sytled uniforms, and the third was a little bit more classic styled. I was kind of stuck on these, and I almost did a red and white version of my Oregon State uniforms, but instead I took inspiration from a alternate away uniform they wore when Matt Jones was there. My striping is a little bit more "sharper", and it goes from the sleeves to the collar, instead of being cut off at the sleeves. I also added the stripes on the back. I eliminated black, I don't like how it appears randomly on their new uniforms, especially on the facemask. Thats about it, I should have Georgia Tech up later tonight or tommorow, and I will probably have Pitt, USC and LSU posted over the next 2 days before I leave for vacation. Enjoy!

Home and Away Uniforms

ArkansasUniforms.png

That looks great. It's simple and it works really well.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Thanks man! I ended up not going on vacation so I have some free time this week. I'm really excited to get to LSU because I know exactly what I'm doing for them although I hate them :P. But for now here's Georgia Tech....

#17 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

Georgia Tech has some Russell Modern styled uniforms, I'm not really a fan of them either, they are okay to me but they aren't my favorite uniforms. Plus I loved the uniforms they had back when Calvin Johnson played for them. So I went with a striping similar to those uniforms (actually got it from one of my fantasy league's teams :D). I thought it worked really well for them. Then I added stripes from the white helmet to the Gold. You can see the White-Out alternate, it could be used for Home games since they do that sometimes. All Helmets and Pants are meant to be interchangable. Alright would like to hear some more thoughts on this one, only been a few on the last couple, enjoy!

Home & Away

GeorgiaTechHomeAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Home & Away

GeorgiaTechAlternateUniforms.png

#16 Pittsburgh Panthers

I think Pitts another team with really great uniforms, They are nice and simple but they look good. For my concept, I added the pants stripe to the jerseys, by adding it to the collar and on the sleeve trim, which is from the K-State uniforms. And I moved the Pitt Script from the collar to the chest. The big change here is the helmet, I wanted the panther to play a bigger part in the uniform set, so I added it under the Pitt Script on the helmet which is what LSU and UAB do for their helmets. Here is a closer look of it. I also added a Gold jersey, its something I could keep or take away, because I wasn't crazy about adding it. I kept all of their pants, and they can be interchangeable with all the uniforms. I've got LSU done, but I haven't started on USC yet, any suggestions would be nice.

Home and Away Uniforms

PittHomeandAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Home and Away Uniforms

PittAlternateUniforms.png

#15 USC Trojans

Alright this one was a challange because USC has some nice uniforms but it just seems like they don't match real well, The helmet has a gray facemask, the jerseys are red with yellow no white, and the pants have double stripes which don't match the jerseys. So I tried to mix those elements. This might be a hit or miss, I think it looks alot like Iowa State but I'll probably change them whenever I get around to concepts outside of the Top 25. So first thing was the helmet, gray facemask always give off the classic feel, but I think yellow looks better for USC. For the jerseys, I mixed the current stripes they have and double stripes (seen on the pants) like I said. I was iffy on coloring in the middle stripe but I thought the uniform could use a accent color. I kept the SC logo on the collar and I added names to the back. The pants stripe is the same except it ends in a point to match the sleeve stripes. Like I said its pretty hit or miss, LSU is next, I have them done for the most part, and then Miami who is going to be really different.

Update: Updated Red & Gold, Added Red Pants, and changed the stripe colors on the red jerseys and gold pants.

Home and Away

USCUniforms-2.png

Alright I updated the colors, the cardinal was a lot different but the gold was pretty close. I think it looks a little less like Iowa State now though haha.

USC looks alright, but I would suggest making the middle stripe on the homes red, it just looks better (adding white to a gold-heavy jersey just disrupts the flow IMO). On the pants, I'd do the same: make the middle stripe gold. I'd love to see you introduce a red set of pants as well. Nice work.

Archived