NCAA Football Concepts

bigmike

awesome concepts, there are some here that I would love to see on the field- Penn State and Georgia Tech are probably my two favorite. two comments-firstly, the name font on the FSU jerseys is a little hard to read, if you are going to have a nameplate it needs to be a little more legible and secondly i would try switching the red outline on the razorback to black so as to delineate it more clearly from the helmet paint. just two suggestions but otherwise great concepts, please keep them coming.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright I update USC to C Jay's suggestions, I think it looks alot better that way too, don't know why I didn't do that in the first place haha.

I see what your saying topcityhockey about FSU, I may just make the names one color. I should have LSU up tommorow, thanks for all the comments guys.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

#14 LSU Tigers

I've known what I wanted to do with LSU ever since I started this series. Their Pro Combat Uniforms were some of my favorite. I didn't like them at first, but the helmets are what made me love them. I liked the pants too, but the sleeve stripes didn't match them so it looked kind of weird. Once again I decided to build off the Pro Combat Uniforms though and combine elements from the regular uniforms. I replaced their regular golden yellow color with the old gold seen in the Pro Combats. It was hard to match the color perfectly since it's kind of shiny so I tried my best to make the helmet look the same, I had to use lighting effects for that. The Helmet logo is tweaked a bit, the font matches the LSU font seen on the jerseys, and the Tiger logo has been updated. The uniforms feature shoulder stripes similar to their normal uniforms but the striping layout matches that of their Pro Combat pants. The striping stays consistent with every uniform, I also made the number font match the wordmark. Since LSU wears white at home I decided to make the Away set a little bit different by adding white helmets and pants. Then there are 2 Clash Uniforms, I think I read once that LSU wears white at home only against SEC teams, not sure if that's true but if it is, the Purple would be worn in the non-SEC home games. Then the Gold would be worn as a Rivalry Uniform or just a Road Clash Set. The Purple set could be worn with White helmets and pants, but I'm not sure I'd want to see a all gold set haha. Alright not sure when I'll get done with Miami, I have an idea for them but haven't transfered it to the computer yet.

Update: The Update features a few tweaks, I decided to scrap the Pro Combat pant striping, no one really liked it that much haha, and I also made did a 3 stripe layout on the purple jersey.

Home and Away Uniforms

LSUUniforms-1.png

Clash Uniforms

LSUClashUniforms-1.png

The Pro Combat style looks so much better with LSU's actual colors.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Drop the white helmet, just not a good look for the Bayou Bengals. I'm also not too sure about the overly-consitant striping, I think you could switch the white with gold on the homes, and on the purple uniform make the striping white-purple-gold-purple-white.

I really don't care for those pant stripes, I think a standard striping would do. Same goes for the pant stripe colors as well, the white would look better purple-white-gold-white-purple.

Alright I updated Oregon State by taking the helmet stripe off. I think everyone liked it enough to keep it the same way. I also added some Garnett and Gold Monochrome uniforms in the FSU post, idk if I'd actually want to see both of them but since Kevin wanted to see what it looked like, I went ahead and did those. Okay and now the next team is Penn State, I thought I'd wait and do Arkansas and post both of them, but I haven't finished Arkansas yet.

#19 Penn State Nittany Lions

Penn State is a tough team to do a concept for just because they are so classic and everyone likes them that way. I added about 3 or 4 new things to the uniforms. 1st is the helmet, It's plain and everyone seems to like it that way. I thought about putting the Nittany Lion logo on the helmets, but instead I put numbers on the helmet, why? Well because it still gives off a classic feel and it makes the helmets a little less boring. I was very skeptical about it though and I can take them off or put the logo on there instead. The Uniforms are basically the same, I added Names on the back, and since the numbers are on the helmet, I replaced the sleeve numbers with the Penn State logo. Now to the pants, I added a navy stripe to match the helmet, and I also added the logo on there. Hope you guys enjoy them.

Home and Away

PennStateUniforms-1.png

You can't change Penn State. No matter if it is slight or not. That's like changing the Yankees.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

i really like your last few concepts. There are a few changes I'd make to each if I was doing them

Georgia Tech- They wear white at home, but I love the gold design so I'd keep it as an alternate. I would also keep the facemask of the gold helemt dark blue like it really is.

Pitt- I'd take the logo off the helmets and make the Pitt script bigger. I would also make the front of the jerseys say Panthers

USC- Make the facemasks red and the away pants yellow but keep the red as an alternate pant

LSU- I love your LSU design. I think all jerseys should matching stripe patterns, but I don't think it works on your purple jersey. It needs the outside stripes

Alright guys made a update for LSU, scrapped the Pro Combat pants striping, and put outside stripes on the Purple jersey, I tried changing the color of the striping but I didn't think it looked as good. Alright now its time for my most unique concept yet, THE U!

# 13 Miami Hurricanes

By far my most modern styled concept. I'm not sure if many people liked Miami's Pro Combat uniforms but I did, I loved the numbers and building off the U Logo, so thats exactly what I did, the only thing I borrowed from the Pro Combats was the numbers. I made a completely new cut for the uniforms, I named it the Swag cut since its made just for Miami haha. It has thick piping that goes from the collar and wraps around the back, but the striping matches the U logo. I was going to make the NOB one color but I figured I should try to keep it consitent with the numbers, not sure how well it works but we will see. The pants striping matches the striping on the jerseys. I didn't touch the helmet, I though about making a striping on it that matched the jerseys but it didn't look right, I may end up taking the stripes off of it but I really like their helmets how they are. This one is definately out there but I tried to make it work haha. Oklahoma is up next, enjoy!

Update: Made NOB one color, added sleeve numbers.

Home and Away Uniforms

MiamiHomeAwayUniforms-2.png

Alternate Uniforms

MiamiAlternateUniforms-2.png

Get rid of the two-color nameplate. No offense, but that looks terrible. It's ok on the numbers, though.

You should have left the Pro Combat pants stripes on LSU's. It looked really good.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Get rid of the two-color nameplate. No offense, but that looks terrible. It's ok on the numbers, though.

You should have left the Pro Combat pants stripes on LSU's. It looked really good.

I agree with both these statements.

I'm not sure if I like the two stripe colors being split horizontal then the two numbers colors being split vertical, looks kinda wierd

I'll second, or third, or fourteenth this sentiment.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Alright the two colored nameplate failed, so I changed it. I took off the LSU pants striping because a couple of people thought it would looke better with the classic striping, I personally like the Pro Combat striping better but for LSU the classic styled striping fits better so I went through with changing it, I will be using that same striping on concepts in the future, not sure if it will be a Top 25 team though.

Archived