LeBron James Bulls jersey leaked on NBA Store

CubsFanBudMan

Not that it looks any different, but I found it interesting that one of the ways we find logos also worked against the league in this free agency madness. Maybe they were just being prepared, but the Knicks, Nets and Heat didn't have anything similar.

Story and screenshot:

NBA selling LeBron James Bulls jerseys

I'm sure it means nothing, but it was the default picture for the Bulls' road red jersey, which meant they had to stop selling that version completely when they decided to take it down.

The image is still up here. If you compare that with what you get when you customize a jersey yourself on the site you'll see that they are different (side-by-side instead of overlapping). This is more like what they use to promote pre-made jerseys on the site (like the Derrick Rose youth jersey in that same section).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's quite humorous to me, especially where of all the big time teams chasing him, Ive always thought the least likely to get him would be the Bulls. Tom Penn from ESPN brought up a great point last night that LeBron wants to go somewhere where he can have his own legacy. So why go to Chicago when in order to do that, you've got to win seven championships? Go to New Jersey (or even New York nowadays) and win ONE, and you're a savior. I'm not saying all he's gunning for is only one, but I'd believe he'd want to go somewhere where his legacy dosent take a back seat to someone elses, like Penn said.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That's quite humorous to me, especially where of all the big time teams chasing him, Ive always thought the least likely to get him would be the Bulls. Tom Penn from ESPN brought up a great point last night that LeBron wants to go somewhere where he can have his own legacy. So why go to Chicago when in order to do that, you've got to win seven championships? Go to New Jersey (or even New York nowadays) and win ONE, and you're a savior. I'm not saying all he's gunning for is only one, but I'd believe he'd want to go somewhere where his legacy dosent take a back seat to someone elses, like Penn said.

Very true, and people like Lebron usually want their own legacy.

applogosig15.pngapplogosig13.pngapplogosig14.png

The first non-banned member of ther CCSLC to post in The Ugliest Bathroom.

True, maybe the graphic design department at the NBA has mocked them up for every team but only the Bulls one leaked. Regardless, I wouldn't take it as "OMG LeBron to the Bulls is a done deal" because it's just a jersey and he hasn't even met with all the teams yet.

Or maybe someone just went to the Bulls section of the store, typed "James" and "6" in the custom jersey section, and tried to pass speculation off as truth?

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

True, maybe the graphic design department at the NBA has mocked them up for every team but only the Bulls one leaked. Regardless, I wouldn't take it as "OMG LeBron to the Bulls is a done deal" because it's just a jersey and he hasn't even met with all the teams yet.

Or maybe someone just went to the Bulls section of the store, typed "James" and "6" in the custom jersey section, and tried to pass speculation off as truth?

I explained that and added a link to the fixed image on the NBA's site. Try it with the home jersey. Doesn't work the same because they use what you enter in the boxes to create your name on the jersey -- and it shows up really big next to the front so you can see it. And as I said before, it doesn't mean he's signing with the Bulls.

I wouldn't make anything of it. The NFL Shop did the same thing accidentally with LaDainian Tomlinson Vikings jerseys, and look how that turned out.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

No, that's not true. You can customise a jersey on NBA Shop as long as it isn't a current player conversation. But because NBA Shop has 23 as LeBron's current number, you can personalize a LeBron James #6 jersey. See on the top of that picture it said customized. You can customize a James #6 jersey on the Timberwolves if you like.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3264689

25yzwqg.png

That shot isn't even of a customized jersey. It's 'shooped. You can tell by clicking the link above and trying out the customize feature. When you customize with a name/number, the image that gets displayed puts the jerseys in a different position. As a bonus, red text appears above the name of the item telling you what a fantastic choice you made. Whoever did this invested too much time by faking the image when they could have just typed in JAMES 6.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I am sick of people saying this. I am a HUGE bulls fan. Are you saying that I am going to be mad at Lebron if he comes to Chicago and only wins 5 championships? Oh man, what an underachiever. I dont know what the rest of the world thinks of Chicago fans. Maybe its some law that I wasnt aware of that players in Chicago have to be better than their predecessors. NOBODY in chicago cares about MJ's legacy when it comes to Lebron. Only when it comes to the fact that MJ was freaking brilliant.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I am sick of people saying this. I am a HUGE bulls fan. Are you saying that I am going to be mad at Lebron if he comes to Chicago and only wins 5 championships? Oh man, what an underachiever. I dont know what the rest of the world thinks of Chicago fans. Maybe its some law that I wasnt aware of that players in Chicago have to be better than their predecessors. NOBODY in chicago cares about MJ's legacy when it comes to Lebron. Only when it comes to the fact that MJ was freaking brilliant.

You really couldn't have missed the point any more if you tried. Where in the world do you hear anyone insinuating that Chicago fans are going to be "mad" at Lebron for not winning as much as Jordan?

The point has nothing to do with you or Chicago fans at all. It's about Lebron's opportunity to cement a legacy of greatness, and along with that comes being an iconic figure of the organization. That simply can't happen in Chicago. It's not that he won't be beloved by the fans and be a local hero, but the Bulls will forever be "Jordan's team", where as if he were to go to the Nets and win multiple championships, he would essentially be the franchise. It doesn't matter how many championships he wins in Chicago, nobody my age will ever see anyone celebrating in a Chicago jersey and not instantly compare them to Jordan, and there's nothing he can do to make himself the first person anyone thinks about when they think of the Bulls (again, for anyone over a certain age.) It has more to do with Jordan's greatness and legacy than it does with Chicago fans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm not saying you guys wouldn't embrace it all, I never once said that outright. What I'm implying is that HE wants HIS legacy to be the one somebody refers to first. You guys have your Michael Jordan, he wants to be somebody else's LeBron James, see what I'm saying? There's no doubt I think you guys would love him, anyone with a brain stem knows you would. But I didn't say what the fans would think, i'm basing this off of what HE would think. No matter how much you embrace him in Chicago, there'd still always be a shadow cast over him, and shoes to fill. LeBron isn't the type to go for that. That's what I'm trying to say.

And yeah, what BringBackTheVet said :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Maybe its just me, maybe I'm reading it the wrong way, but I just dont see it that way. Lebron James can come to Chicago and leave his own footprint right next to Jordan's. It might not seem that way to fans from other cities, but thats how I see it. He has a chance to build the legacy eve further by coming here. The same applies to Kobe. He has 5 titles, and has absolutely torn up the NBA. He is also playing in the "shadow" of Wilt, Kareem, and Magic. But its not like he is playing in the shadow of these guys, trying to outdo their greatness. Instead, he is continuing the tradition of legendary performance. Its the exact same thing here. If Lebron doesnt come to Chicago, it wont be because MJ's "shadow"

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Maybe its just me, maybe I'm reading it the wrong way, but I just dont see it that way. Lebron James can come to Chicago and leave his own footprint right next to Jordan's. It might not seem that way to fans from other cities, but thats how I see it. He has a chance to build the legacy eve further by coming here. The same applies to Kobe. He has 5 titles, and has absolutely torn up the NBA. He is also playing in the "shadow" of Wilt, Kareem, and Magic. But its not like he is playing in the shadow of these guys, trying to outdo their greatness. Instead, he is continuing the tradition of legendary performance. Its the exact same thing here. If Lebron doesnt come to Chicago, it wont be because MJ's "shadow"

That's partially the point. Why be next to someone when you can be there all by yourself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived