LeBron James Bulls jersey leaked on NBA Store

CubsFanBudMan

JUST NOTICED:

That screen shot is from the Custom Jersey ordering screen where you can design any jersey you want. The article is wrong. The NBA Store never put a LeBron Bulls jersey up.

You are incorrect. I saw this when it was live yesterday. That was the jersey shown when you clicked on the page. That was also the thumbnail shown for that particular jersey under the "Bulls jerseys" section. When you clicked on the drop down, James #6 was NOT an option (James #31 was, but that is Jerome James), but the picture of that jersey was the default. It normally shows "YOUR NAME #00" for customizable jerseys. So, it wasn't that somebody took a screencap after doing a custom LeBron jersey, this is the jersey it actually showed. Not that it means anything, of course.

Read the product descriptions on the original pic, it clearly shows it is a custom job.

bulls6blog.jpg

You're allowed to do #6 and James also.

Just did these:

james1t.jpg

james2.jpg

james3.jpg

87Redskins.png

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JUST NOTICED:

That screen shot is from the Custom Jersey ordering screen where you can design any jersey you want. The article is wrong. The NBA Store never put a LeBron Bulls jersey up.

You are incorrect. I saw this when it was live yesterday. That was the jersey shown when you clicked on the page. That was also the thumbnail shown for that particular jersey under the "Bulls jerseys" section. When you clicked on the drop down, James #6 was NOT an option (James #31 was, but that is Jerome James), but the picture of that jersey was the default. It normally shows "YOUR NAME #00" for customizable jerseys. So, it wasn't that somebody took a screencap after doing a custom LeBron jersey, this is the jersey it actually showed. Not that it means anything, of course.

Read the product descriptions on the original pic, it clearly shows it is a custom job.

Once again, that is incorrect. I saw it before the page was taken down. For the red customizable replica jersey, it showed James #6. The customizable jerseys normally show "YOUR NAME #00" as the default and thumbnail image. This one showed the James jersey as the default. Notice there is nothing written in the "name" box on the original screencap, while it shows the name in the box on the ones you did. As I said before, it didn't offer the option of purchasing this jersey, but it showed it. This it not a customizing thing.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Look what else they're "selling":

Images deleted

JUST NOTICED:

Thank you. I really didn't want to have to explain it again. Buster, your pictures are hosted on imageshack. The one I linked to (and the NBA Store linked to while the jersey was up) is on the NBA's server. If it was just somebody customizing a jersey it wouldn't be significant enough to bother with a post (let alone Tribune and Yahoo stories). Even your screenshots don't match the LeBron one. Look at the size of the back of the jersey on yours and compare it to the James one, which looks just like all the other default ones in the NBA Store.

No, that's different - in yours, the back of the jersey isn't overlapped like what, say, a Derrick Rose jersey would look like on the store website, but the original pick clearly has the back of the jersey overlapped on the front.

And as the original post clearly stated, the NBA store still has the LeBron picture up, whereas the generated mockups for customized jerseys are probably deleted after a period of time.

This has been explained three times now, hopefully everybody gets it on the third try!

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

bulls6blog.jpg

Just did these:

james1t.jpg

james2.jpg

You're proving my point right here. Play the match game. The white and black jerseys match, The two reds (James and Rose on the side) match. Get it yet? You can't create a jersey that displays overlapping like that in their system. The NBA Store does that with the ones it Photoshops for players (and the "00").

You can also clearly see that the red James jersey has yet to be customized (in the blank forms), unlike your white and black one. And thanks for trusting what me, The Old Roman and others saw with our own eyes. (And I suppose the Trib and Yahoo customized their own to put up for a story?)

Not sure why people keep bringing up the whole "Jordan Bulls Legacy" thing with LeBron.

Does it really matter?

Do people really do that with the Celtics and Lakers?

To answer your second question: "Yes, people do that." Following the NBA Finals ESPN's talking heads have been debating whether Kobe is now the greatest Laker of all-time.

To answer your first question: "In the grand scheme of things, of course it doesn't matter, but people love to debate stupid stuff, especially about sports."

That's quite humorous to me, especially where of all the big time teams chasing him, Ive always thought the least likely to get him would be the Bulls. Tom Penn from ESPN brought up a great point last night that LeBron wants to go somewhere where he can have his own legacy. So why go to Chicago when in order to do that, you've got to win seven championships? Go to New Jersey (or even New York nowadays) and win ONE, and you're a savior. I'm not saying all he's gunning for is only one, but I'd believe he'd want to go somewhere where his legacy dosent take a back seat to someone elses, like Penn said.

You idiot. I'm so sick of this. The only person who's afraid of Michael Jordan's legacy is Michael Jordan. Any talk about how LeBron isn't up to following Michael is all coming from Michael's agent and Michael's people. LeBron's going to be the best basketball player in the world if he hasn't passed Kobe Bryant already. He's not afraid of anybody or any legacy. What's Jordan going to do? Dunk on him? Trust me. 1998 was a long time ago, and 1996 was longer still. Everyone loves what those Bulls teams did, but we want more. We want the excitement of running roughshod over the league again, even if it's not the same people that did it when we were little kids, because obviously it can't be. We Bulls fans grew up watching the greatest basketball team of all time and nobody's ever going to take that away from us. There's plenty of room in our hearts for LeBron, just as the Lakers and Celtics fans weren't complacent with one era of dominance. It's a complete fallacy perpetrated by the most insecure (and as a direct result, the greatest) man in basketball. That's all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's quite humorous to me, especially where of all the big time teams chasing him, Ive always thought the least likely to get him would be the Bulls. Tom Penn from ESPN brought up a great point last night that LeBron wants to go somewhere where he can have his own legacy. So why go to Chicago when in order to do that, you've got to win seven championships? Go to New Jersey (or even New York nowadays) and win ONE, and you're a savior. I'm not saying all he's gunning for is only one, but I'd believe he'd want to go somewhere where his legacy dosent take a back seat to someone elses, like Penn said.

You idiot. I'm so sick of this. The only person who's afraid of Michael Jordan's legacy is Michael Jordan. Any talk about how LeBron isn't up to following Michael is all coming from Michael's agent and Michael's people. LeBron's going to be the best basketball player in the world if he hasn't passed Kobe Bryant already. He's not afraid of anybody or any legacy. What's Jordan going to do? Dunk on him? Trust me. 1998 was a long time ago, and 1996 was longer still. Everyone loves what those Bulls teams did, but we want more. We want the excitement of running roughshod over the league again, even if it's not the same people that did it when we were little kids, because obviously it can't be. We Bulls fans grew up watching the greatest basketball team of all time and nobody's ever going to take that away from us. There's plenty of room in our hearts for LeBron, just as the Lakers and Celtics fans weren't complacent with one era of dominance. It's a complete fallacy perpetrated by the most insecure (and as a direct result, the greatest) man in basketball. That's all.

Well you don't have to call me an idiot for it, it's just a thought I had. Jeez, take a chill pill. Wow.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Sorry. I overreacted. It's just that for months now, people are repeatedly putting forth a premise that's completely asinine and founded on nothing but Michael Jordan's paranoia. It's not a good thought, that's all.

Sorry. I overreacted. It's just that for months now, people are repeatedly putting forth a premise that's completely asinine and founded on nothing but Michael Jordan's paranoia. It's not a good thought, that's all.

It's okay, I understand. I think I worded my original thought wrong because I'm not trying to imply anything towards Bulls fans or even Jordan's paranoia at all, what I'm trying to say is he may be intrigued by opportunities in New Jersey or New York and take them. It was never a "he won't go to Chicago because...." thing, rather a "He may go to New Jersey or New York because...." thing. I really wasn't intending to imply anything about Bulls fans or Jordan's paranoia, sorry if it came across that way.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Very true, and people like Lebron usually want their own legacy.

Seems to me that players who win titles usually get a pretty sizable legacy no matter where they are. Is Shaq not a part of Lakers lore because he won "only" 3 championships there compared to Magic's 5?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

LeBron James is going to sign with the Memphis Grizzlies, unless he's too intimidated by the time they won 50 games with Lorenzen Wright and Stromile Swift.

bulls6blog.jpg

Just did these:

james1t.jpg

james2.jpg

You're proving my point right here. Play the match game. The white and black jerseys match, The two reds (James and Rose on the side) match. Get it yet? You can't create a jersey that displays overlapping like that in their system. The NBA Store does that with the ones it Photoshops for players (and the "00").

You can also clearly see that the red James jersey has yet to be customized (in the blank forms), unlike your white and black one. And thanks for trusting what me, The Old Roman and others saw with our own eyes. (And I suppose the Trib and Yahoo customized their own to put up for a story?)

All I'd have to do is clear those fields before doing a screen shot. :D

87Redskins.png

(Image removed)

Just did these:

(Images removed)

All I'd have to do is clear those fields before doing a screen shot. :D

I'm going to take that smiley as a sign you're joking now... I hope. :) Cleared fields or not, your custom jersey image won't overlap like that.

Archived