Nitro's Name That Logo! (04-17-04)

nitroseed

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a winner!!! :D

ntl-041704-aztecs.gif

It was the San Diego State Aztecs! Finally, someone got it! :D If you caught my clue, "it's not as hard az it seems," that was a subtle nod to the Aztecs name!

Congrats STL! A new NTL will be back tomorrow... so be ready!

Oh man...I totally noticed the "az" clue, but figured it to mean a team based in Arizona (Phoenix or Tucson, specifically) and was totally unable to find anything. Booo...I also looked at the Utah Jazz...never thought of the (Az)tecs.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Oh man...I totally noticed the "az" clue, but figured it to mean a team based in Arizona (Phoenix or Tucson, specifically) and was totally unable to find anything. Booo...I also looked at the Utah Jazz...never thought of the (Az)tecs.

I thought that too, but then this popped in my head.

Whew! That was a long read. Good catch StL... seeing the "az" clue, I was thinking Arizona directions too, but you got it. In the future, can we rule out NCAA, and include CFL? NCAA is too huge IMO. The contest is hard enough...

just 'cause a couple of the other ones were guessed pretty quick doesn't mean they were easy... for the Blue Jackets' logo I happened to be thinking about CBJ a bit that day, and it was the first thing that popped into my head, and it fit. Luck, with a little skill thrown in for good measure (and to keep my ego boosted ;)).

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Archived